Well.ca
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Well.ca Employee Reviews

Canada127 reviews

Don’t do it !

My experience at Well.ca was like a roller coaster ride.Some highs and more lows then I care to remember. I think all those times I wasted walking through those doors to work here. Now! I did apply here, I just hong on to long when I should have left. Well! Lesson learn going forward. If their is any advice I could give someone wanting to work here. I would start by telling you, this company sugar coats their words and they don’t know how to treat their employees. They hire to fire on a whim without reason and they make you believe your important. Your not important here, because if you were you wouldn’t be part of the high turnover this company is known for. Further more the wages are not up to date and the benefits are ok if there was three months in a year.PS if you think I’m lying, apply and find out for yourself.

Pros

Leaving this place on my own choice, knowing it was the right thing to do.

Cons

Your just another number!

Disappointing

I would highly recommend that anyone who is considering working at well.ca do their research before getting involved with them. I worked there for nearly 2 years before being fired for absolutely no reason. The turnover there is out of this world. They use people for Black Friday and then let them go as soon as they’re done with them. They sell it to them in the interview that if they continue to do well after Black Friday there is a possibility of being kept on permanent afterwards which is a lie. Contracts are often cut short leaving people without jobs immediately before or right after Christmas. Unfortunately, I have nothing positive to say about working at well.ca. This place took a huge toll on my mental health and I would just highly advise doing some research beforehand. I feel like this is a toxic work environment where people are treated so poorly and considered to be numbers not humans. Upper Management is ultimately clueless and they favour the office employees over warehouse. HR is also useless and unprofessional. I don’t know how they can feel good about themselves knowing they are hiring people into one of the worst companies I have ever seen. Issues are not dealt with, they are swept under the rug and they will just find a work around to fire people if they don’t want them there. If the HR department was being led by someone who was competent, maybe things would be different but they clearly do not see the root of the problem. Overall, I feel like I wasted 2 years of my life at this place and just caution people to really think hard about working here before -

Pros

Not being there anymore

Cons

Everything about this place

Living cost money 💰

If you never step foot in Well.ca , consider yourself very lucky individual. Worked here for two years and after the first year I noticed that I really needed to move on, but decided to wait and see if things would improve and they never did. I never worked for a company that pinches nickels & dimes like this company. Very cheap when it comes to raises. Even if you don’t miss time or you are good worker, that goes unnoticed around here. They would so replace you then pay you what your worth here. Working hard here for what….bad benefits…..low wages…company doesn’t match your RRSP….no pension…..seen to me like a rip off sweat shop place to work!!!!!!

Pros

Lunch & breaks.

Cons

Almost working for free!

Money talks or people walk

Anybody that works here really needs a moment to think about how much life you wasted working here for next to nothing. A show of hands how many of you can financially survive at this job truthfully. I guarantee those hands are all staying down.Anybody who feels like this company takes advantage of you…. Show of hands and I can guarantee every hand would go up, but know one will say a word. Cost of living is a very serious problem and this company generates lots of money on your hard working hands, but yet they refuse to pay a proper wage and expect you to still perform at a high level. I’m so disgusted with Well.ca that I’m decided I’m leaving in the new year for another opportunity. I can’t express enough to all the hard workers there that your good people and deserve much better. I will miss working with you.

Pros

Hard working employees in the warehouse.

Cons

Not enough money here to save or hope for a better future.

Open that wallet deeper

This place is so cheap that they buy Christmas dinner for their employees, but not the (temp)Workers. Yet it’s the temp Workers who help us during Black Friday and Christmas holidays. I guess temp workers are good to uses and give a helping hand, but not good enough to sit with long time employees for a Christmas dinner. This Well.ca talks about all the good they do and all the families they help out at Christmas time, but no dinner for the temp workers. Show some compassion for all worker you cheap skates at Well.ca!!!!!

Pros

Temp workers working hard.

Cons

Getting the he ho before Christmas without a thank you dinner .

The work is easy!

I was hired on from an agency thinking if I did a good job I’d be hired on in 3 months. Well I didn’t even last a month because myself and many were only hired on for well.ca’s Black Friday/Christmas rush. So basically this company used about 40 agency employees to get them through this rush and sent us all packing 2 weeks before Christmas after only working there 4 weeks. You’re led to believe that “when you get hired on” you will have all these benefits and discounts with the company knowing full well they have no intention of keeping you. The work is pretty easy and a few of the leads are pretty cool but other than that don’t expect to stay on if you are hired by an agency.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Everything else.

Depressing and repetitive

If you enjoy a high school-like social environment and working like a robot this place is for you. Very depressing. Harassment gets swept under the rug. High turnover. Favouritism within management/front office. They treat the warehouse employees poorly. If management sees you talking to another employee they swoop in to break it up. Yet you see managers chatting and texting constantly. Very toxic work environment.

Pros

Free snacks/employee discount

Cons

Depressing, toxic work environment

Not enjoyable place to work

I was only here for a short period of time and it was enough to make me want to leave after a five months. I notice right a way that the mood of the other works always seem down. I notice if you talk they move you around in packing which I though was very immature. Their nothing wrong with a little chitchat and allows you to get to know who your working with and helps the day go better. The watching from the team leads is also very disturbing, I have never seen that kind of behaviour at other jobs I’ve worked at to this extreme. I was very disappointed when I used the benefits here to go to the dentist, in one visit I used all of what I was allowed in one sitting and had to pay a lot out of pocket for the rest. Very disappointing benefits as far as I’m concerned. I was told by other employees that raise don’t come around very often either. It didn’t take long for me to find other work after I left here. My experience was short lived and I personally wouldn’t suggest anybody apply here. It was a low very shallow feeling be here.

Pros

Nice co workers.

Cons

More to lose then to gain.

(HR) children making adult decisions

HR is one of the biggest problem when come to work related issues here. They are never around to deal with anything. Until you get your back up, then they may do their job. I have dealt with all the HR in this place and they are incredibly useless and have no people skill whats so ever. Unfortunately the VP and the CEO protect their office people because they favour and value them over thee employees in the warehouse. So if you have a work related problem, I suggest you figure it out yourself because this HR team is incapable of dealings with workers. Also note that I was on a doctors note to reduced my work load and these jerks in HR told me that maybe I should step away from work or go on EI. Yet the problem was work related. Maybe HR need to step down or be released and accurately let someone with a brain do the thinking around here.

Pros

Nothing worth mentioning

Cons

HR needs to go bye bye 👋

Not your dream job…that for sure

I’m growing tired of working here. Even the fact you can’t find a packing spot until your a mile from the front door. I don’t appreciate snapping icicle off my nostrils while walking that mile to the front door. Then try to put your winter coat into a locker made for Stuart little. My least favour part of the day is the beginning. Looking up at the screen to see what job your doing and then the team lead giving the speech before every shift. Todays goal is (bah bah bah) and we got this. I would prefer they write down the goal and not say anything. That way I can start my day without hearing their nagging voices. And the way the team leads approach you isn’t always pleasant, it like their looking for you to make a mistake so they can belittle you and dwell on that mistake. Very close to landing another job. So hopefully don’t have to suffer much longer working here for peanuts.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Parking and pay.

Lacks promise

I worked in shipping here for four years and I can tell you from the start to finish the place has not changed for the better. I left for the reason mainly. The money for what I was doing was pretty bad. I put my back out on many occasions doing shipping. The VP always talk about how the company is going to improve and where going to do this and that and nothing really changed in the four years I was here. The team leads left me short handed many shifts with no help for me and some of the other shippers. Let us get back up with boxes and expecting us to pull off miracles to get caught up. I believed the whole time I worked here that I would see raises and improvement , but never did. After two of those four years I should have left sooner. Looking back now I wish I never worked here at all!

Pros

Believing thing would change.

Cons

Wish I never work here.

Pay up!

Working here wouldn’t get you far in life. Your bank account will go down and your blood pressure will go up! Waiting for a raise is like waiting for a turtle to cross the finish line on a ten mile track. Even if you get a raise it still not enough to make a difference, because you will still be eating Kraft dinner instead of steak. They make lots of money in this company to be so cheap with raises. I guessing they didn’t get the “memo” that the cost of living is going up!

Pros

Finding a higher paying job.

Cons

Kraft dinner every night.

Waste of work life

Don’t look now. But! Not only are you aging, but your wasting your life working here. That is a hard lesson I learn working here. The work itself is not hard, it’s the people that push you to the brink is the problem here. They cram metrics down your throat and don’t let up with it. Instead of doing your job good and with care, they prefer you to speed up and throw everything in a box because every minute counts I guess. The team leads are useless and terrible at their job. They would be better off hiring pigeons to replace them. At least pigeons are not on the cell phone all day wasting time when they could be helping you with production on the line. Team lead here never listen to suggestions. I guess they only like to listen to the sound of the ocean between their ears.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Team leads

Don’t waste a resume here

Anybody who thinks this company pays well or believes this is a good place to work should get check out for drug use or brain damage. There is no way this company is remotely close to that description. Far and away from it! The pay here is still three to four dollars away from what the lowest pay employee is getting paid now. You can’t survive on this wage. You will go broke working here. The turnover in this place is so bad that their running out of people in Guelph to hire. Not to mention the VP is three apples short of a fruit cake when it comes to make a business decision for the company.

Pros

Leaving for greener pastures.

Cons

Moving back home from going broke here!

Perfect place too work

I don’t know how anybody could say bad things about this company. I think their are worse companies out there. The bosses and team leads are hard working individuals that give it their all. The wages are excellent here as well. I make more then enough to get by. Most people I talk too here also think the wages are excellent. When I come to work , people in general look happy being here. I can’t find anything wrong with this company, it perfect the way it is.

Pros

Good pay .

Cons

Nothing at all.

Family atmosphere

I like working here and I know a lot of people that I work with like it here too. Very family like atmosphere here at Well.ca! Probably one of the better place I worked for in a long time. They treat you with a lot of respect here and lots of workers tend to stay here because of the money. Pretty good money for easy working place. I have worked here for four years and I still enjoy what I do.

Pros

Good money working here.

Cons

Washroom can be more tidy.

Awesome place to work

Love everything about this job. Easy work for good wages. You would be crazy to work any where else. Their so easy going here and everybody looks happy being here. The bosses are nice and I enjoy the great communication between the team leads and workers. Job security is important to me and I believe this place stands by that. They away give away free stuff too, which is nice to enjoy snacks at work.I love that the CEO puts the company and worker in a good position to succeed on a everyday basis.

Pros

Good job with lots of perks

Best job ever

Well.ca is such a great place to work. All the workers here are so friendly. Love my team lead and love the fact she open to suggest on the afternoon shift. Can’t say enough about the management, there so down to earth and I feel at ease working here. The pay itself is very good with amazing benefits to go with it. I have been here for a year and it’s change my work life for the better. I enjoy packing customers orders, it gives me a feeling of appreciation. By far the best job.

Pros

Pay and benefits are great.

Cons

This place is perfect.

Scrapping by

It’s a job. But not a great one by any means. If your looking for work and need a job, this drop in centre will hire anybody. Pay is not that great. The bosses are cheap and very demanding when it come to orders needing out the door. If you decided to work here, make should your visit is a short one. You don’t want to be here longer then necessary. The job itself does not offer a proper matching RRSP or pension, so with the low wage you make here, you will sink when it comes to cost of living as well. If you have no life or bills to pay, this is an okay job.

Pros

Call in sick.

Cons

Cost of living.

Pack this I’m out of here!

I could stand to work here anymore. They got on me about my packing all the time. We’re packing an order for a customers. We are not going to space to fix a probe. We’re packing orders! They tell me I’m putting to much paper, then not putting enough paper. For a company that is cheap when it comes to supplies, maybe i shouldn’t put anything in the box. Well I left now so they can pack it the way they want. Never in my life have I been under payed and corrected so many times about the way I work. Not to mention the useless trainer that trained me to pack that way! Wouldn’t recommend this place to anybody, even if they need a pay cheque. The job gets old and boring quick.

Pros

Working for the city now.

Cons

Get the pack out of here, why u can!

Potty packing

Wouldn’t recommend this job to anybody. To many issues within this company. Team leads are very useless and will never break a sweat to help anybody out. The team leads are more vocal then physical. They like to over see thing like an eagle perched in a tree. Always watching you from a distance to make should your grounded at your pack station. And don’t be surprised if the company in the future has portable potty’s at each pack station. They don’t like you going to the bathroom on company time. Never stand near the punch clock a few minutes before you go home because they will get upset at you. I guess they think you should be able to pack 20 orders in that few minutes.

Pros

Bring a good lunch to work.

Cons

Being watched like inmates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well.ca. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7Job security/advancement