Welch Allyn Employee Reviews

Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY26 February 2018
It is a great company. There is a great time off schedule once you are there for awhile. There is a gym if that is a perk for you. The job opportunities are few and far between for engineers.
Company only cares about the almighty dollar
Senior Lead Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY10 February 2018
Welch allyn is now owned by hill rom hill rom has no employee loyalty as soon as your not needed they will throw you away like yesterdays trash. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
allot
Fairly decent
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY22 January 2018
Not a bad job, very easy, not hard at all. Overall friendly staff, usually pretty helpful. The hours where perfect, very good atmosphere. Organized, well informative based on the work
Pros
In house cafeteria! Friendly staff.
Changing enviroment
R and D (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY15 January 2018
I worked at Welch Allyn for almost 20 years. It was a great place to work when I started. The Allyn family was fabulous to work with and for. Still miss the Allyn days. They were the best days of my career.
Then Hill-Rom took over, the environment became stressful, lots of job cuts (people who had been there for 30+) years. Good strong, smart people were let go. It was dis-heartening. Moral was at an all time low. Many departments went through re-organization time and time again.
In addition to the job cuts the benefits package sunk, insurance premiums for single employees went up to $3,000 year and provided poor at best health coverage. Poor management was hired at the VP level and they made all of the folks in marketing re-apply for their jobs. Sad, people were let go. This management area was all out to make a name for themselves and soon left a little after a year. It was really great while it lasted.
a good employer
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY8 January 2018
welch allyn was a good all around employer,my only issue was having to start on 3rd shift.if I could have worked on first it would have been more family friendly.
Pros
nice people
Cons
having to work 3rd shift
Good Place to Build Character
Product Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY27 November 2017
Typically, you work the usual 40 hours a week situation. Depending on the department, there is the possibility for overtime. In Product Service, I learned of the various products that the company has made. The culture of the Product Service was very laid back, for the most part. It was just expected that fix your devices within the set turnaround time. The hardest thing about being a PS Technician was probably just getting the team leads to allow you to learn a new product line, as you would constantly have to "remind" them. Aside from that, working in Product Service was an overall very good experience.
Pros
401K, Dental, Vision, and Medical insurance
Cons
turnaround times sometimes unrealistic
It is an interesting place to work. I feel good about what the company stands behind which is making a good product that changes lives everyday.
Operator II/back up line lead (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY5 August 2017
Over all a good place to work. Very competitive in the feild and good to its employees. Communication could be better from the hill-rom side. We have challenges everyday that make the jobs interesting.
Pros
Good benefits, pay is good
Cons
Short breaks
Muy buena empresa para trabajar. Lejos de mi casa
Manager & Value stream Leader Logistics (Former Employee) –  Tijuana, B.C.4 August 2017
Es una empresa muy buena solo queda muy retirado de mi hogar.
Pros
Muy buenas prestaciones y muy buena cultura laboral
Cons
Lejos de mi casa
good place
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, IL9 July 2017
enjoy working there, had good training skills, had a lot of cross training. it was a mix culture, enjoyed the Christmas parties. it was room for advanment
Sr. Electrical Engineer / Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Arden, NC12 June 2017
This too was a great place to work would highly recommend to anyone they have great pay and excellent benefits. Great culture, you feel like you are at home.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY11 June 2017
I loved welch allyn and the people there but didn't like my job so have to get out. My responsibilities were ok and the people I managed were great but my manager and I didn't get along.
Welch Allyn summary
OTOSCOPE ASSEMBLY (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY1 February 2017
The people who work there are alright, though don't know the concept of working together nor do they show pride in their work. The manager was pretty rough with controlling the flow of work, and had little to no attention with his associates. There was a decent amount of break time, but very, very poor pay. The job is of great importance, but the workers get no benefits, nor paychecks to help sustain a proper life style.
Pros
Good break times, semi-decent coworkers
Cons
Poor management, low pay, no benefits, lack of leadership
Dynamic medical manufacturer, sales and marketing, changing environment
Marketing EMR Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY3 January 2017
Dynamic marketing, new products, fast paced, highly competitive marketplace, used to be family owned, now publicly owned. Awesome to be a part of a growing company that manufactures OEM in Upstate NY USA!!
cleaning business
operator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY20 October 2016
I owned and operated cleaning business, I worked with families project mangers, real estate agents. I found you need to listen very carefully to your clients every person likes different things. I became very detailed oriented. this job definitely improved my communication skills
Pros
working for myself
Cons
not always enough work/hard to get started
Welch Allyn has drive, propose, along with relaxing and calmness.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY22 September 2016
Welch Allyn has a great balance of work hard / play hard in the workplace environment. I met a lot of dedicated employees that loved to take advantage of more learning experiences and training. That is the Welch Allyn team that I had the privilege to work with in my short employment during the transition period between Welch Allyn's acquisition of Scale-Tronix Medical Scale Product line, and the end of the TSS contract.
May best Regards to all the folks at Welch Allyn, which is now a division of Hill Rom.
I was employed as Service Manager during the acquisition of the Scale-Tronix Medical Scales product line by Welch Allyn, Inc.
• Trained 8 employees to assume role of customer service and repair service manager following acquisition.
• Developed and delivered training materials within 3 months to Welch Allyn (WA) service department.
• Equipped team to troubleshoot customer issues, identify problem source and identify or replace faulty parts.
• Returned product to original working order, fully functional and calibrated.
• Maintained customer and product information in the Systems, Applications and Products (SAP) system.
Pros
Great cafeteria, and gym
Cons
Located in mid NY state with 123" of annual snowfall.
Productive but has its slow days
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NY4 August 2016
I love working for welch allyn. the company is a good company to work for and the environment and people are nice. When its busy you stay busy which i enjoy, but when its slow its very slow. many people that work there through a temp. agency trying to get hired on, you can get hired on but it takes a long time to get hired on. I enjoy my job, I just want and need something more stable and long lasting. I want a full time permanent job that offers insurance and all the great benefits as well as being able to always grow with the company. The hardest part of the job is to always find something to do to keep you busy when its a very slow day.
fun place to work
Technician III (Former Employee) –  SKF6 July 2016
Learn new things every day and I loved my job. worked my way up from Fiber Optic builder to a Test Technician. I work in Engineering for 30 years and worked for some really nice people.
Pros
education packages
Cons
vacation time and sick time
Good working environment
Mechanical Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY21 May 2016
Hands on experience testing and analyzing products in multiple labs. Debugged spectrograph, designed and solid modeled new project with a group of senior engineer. It's a good learning experience.
Productive workplace
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY11 May 2016
Great people to work with. Great opportunities to learn new technologies. Company supports individual career advances.
Great in Oregon! Not so in New York
Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY8 January 2016
Loved working in Oregon . But the New York plant was not fun. People were hard to work with. Management didnt do anything about diffilcult employees. But it did pay well, great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welch Allyn. Our community is ready to answer.