Weins Canada

Weins Canada Employee Reviews

Canada87 reviews
I was one of the car wash employees the other one I worked with would keep disappearing every time I got busy. They were building a automatic car wash that year before covid then why did they hire me. We had no service manager for a few weeks because the new one did not show up for his first day.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
no help when car wash got busy
NEVER EVER apply or work with this company or any of their dealerships, run away from them like the plague or you WILL regret it for the rest of your working life. I know I do!
Pros
Some employees
Cons
Working for audi oakville sucked. Management had no respect for there employee and customer they were rude they hardly worked, always on smoke breaks and hardly in the office. You work hard and there is no appreciation. This is a worst company to work for. There is no support from management.
Weins Canada Inc’a Managers always try to push you and treat you like a pupil, there is full of stress and no fun workplace. Highly NOT recommend to any one want to work for a dealership.
Pros
Cons
Very long work hours (some time need work 24hours)
The senior leadership at this company is by far the worst I have ever experienced (and I have worked in IT for 16 years). They do not care about their employees and only care about money. Yes, obviously you want to care about money, but they do not care at all about you and what you bring to the table. If you ever make a mistake this will reach your manager and it becomes an office of tattle tailing and finger pointing.

During COVID-19 they wanted to stay open, they did not care about sending employees home. All they cared about was selling cars and getting as much money as possible. Do you want to work for a company that only supports the bottom dollar and not giving a care about the health of their employees?

Working in the IT department was horrible. By far the worst experience in my 16 year career. The management is lazy and all they cared about was themselves. They took credit for work you did and insulted you if you did not volunteer to work overtime due to family commitments. They say there is "some" weekend work. But they truly expect you to work 7 days a week, and the management themselves do not partake in any of these after-hours activities.

They use time clocks to punch in and out everyday. And if you are salary based, PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE SALARIED HERE. You are paid hourly. They monitor time clock punches and it goes even to the extent of them timing your bathroom breaks.

Within six months of being hired, I was told that I am not showing initiative. BUT they did not provide any training, documentation or guidance. They refused
 - more...
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, horrible work environment, zero work-life balance, not team oriented
On the surface Weins sounds big and powerful, after you work a couple weeks you realize your have very little leadership through out the organization have you seen how many job postings they constantly have listed they won’t atttacy good candidates because of their know reputation
Pros
Cons
Zero leadership
I loved my job and excelled at it. Unfortunately some management staff are not professional. A very toxic environment prone to a lot of gossip .
It didn't matter how hard or how well you worked. Standing up for yourself if wrongfully accused was not acceptable to management in my sector. I will leave this short as I would like to stay within review guidelines.
Minimal room for movement
below market average pay

great coworkers

management was hit & miss, some were incredible some was horrible

learned a lot about customer service
This company is the worst to work for. Low pay for doing 7 jobs at once and they pick on the people who are of colours skin. Management is horrible giving promotions to people who do not deserve it due to lack of work ethics. People who work here arent even happy with their Jobs because every manager thinks they are better then everyone else.
Pros
Nothing at all except the free coffee
Cons
Managers, work and personal life balance, promotions, pay, work load, long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Weins Canada?
I was Service Advisor for 1 year at this location. By far the worse place I have worked for in my auto career. Think about it ... Weins Canada constantly have job postings ... reason... high turn over. The morale is very low and workplace is poisoned by politics, stressful work conditions, unfair wages, lack of support from management.

- There is NO work life balance ...NONE! The company comes first before your family.

-Lack of support from management.

You cannot make autonomous decision without going through a manager.

Management does not keep track of all the extra days you work ... there no point of working extra days when management will not approve your request for time off. When I resigned I still had over a week of vacation.

Moreover, when you have personal/work concerns/questions management does not and will not support you.

Wages

Techs and Service department staff are under paid. Based salary for experienced Service Advisors is way below the industry standard. The amount of time, effort and stress you put in does not match with your salary.

As you can see from the other reviews ... there is a constant theme regarding poor management, low salary, high turn over and stress work environment.
I seriously worked my butt off for this company, worked extremely hard. Then they re payed me by firing me a couple days before 3 month probation. The management just pals around with each other and takes a smoke break every 15 mins and does no actual work.
Mislead and unappealing, still performed strong but unfortunately no direction from management and unfair compensation. Look at other options before considering.
Pros
Cons
lots
Stay away from Weins at all costs. This is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. You have to fight for your days off. They constantly destroy your self esteem and confidence. You are just a number here and they don’t care about work life balance. If you want to be overworked and underpaid this is a good place. I strongly recommend running for the hills before applying here.

Truthfully I have nothing good to say about this place. Without going into too much details, Weins is slowly ruining my life.

The number one thing they don’t realize employees are assets not liabilities
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Where do I begin..
You're a number, you'll be made to feel stupid on a continuous basis no matter how competent you are at your job. Management is mostly supportive, the General Sales Manager is a joke who looks down on everyone. No set pay dates, so expect to be randomly paid at some point once a month. Expect to miss life events as selling a car trumps anything going on in your life 90% of the time.
I do not recommend this place, I literally quit long time ago after I’ve seen all of those bull shirt going on everyday.

Zero life & work balance, their pay plan is ridiculous which is competitive to Honda/Hyundai stores if you don’t hold gross (or you can’t sell)

Management team is not as supportive as I expected, they will make you stressed out also sometimes let you feel ignorant. There’s tons of meetings which takes forever, basically brain wash stuff and also criticize you in front of all the department staff.

The turnover rate here is hilarious, people come and go, marking this dealership more like a fast food restaurant. There’s an old sales guy who talks gossip non-stop every day. Waste 60% of my time.
Work environment is really good here, very relaxed. Dealership has its own cafeteria inside for the days where you forget your lunch or if you’re just hungry in general. The foreman and the service manager are both extremely nice people to work with. I would highly recommend working here
This dealership has no respect for no one the management team and the upper management are terrible with employment rights I don’t and I won’t recommend this place for work or to look for a job advancement at all
Overworked and underpaid stay away, environment can be toxic a lot of times. Management likes to play favorites and take forever to promote qualified individuals. If you are not a favorite and are trying to move up, it's not going to happen.
Pros
Free lunches if you're lucky
Cons
Long hours hard labor
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, free sports games tickets
Cons
Hard work
Loved working there. Made a lot of friends and learned lot of things and gained a lot of experience. The manger is great and people who work there are also great.
It's like a boot camp. Horrible. High expectation. Low pay. Too many bosses who are slaved to the system. Do not ever go here to work or do business. All managers are two faced and fake.