Weins Canada

Weins Canada Employee Reviews

A good place for those who are expert at pretending

Management are clueless about day-to-day and only focused on profit numbers or superficial appearance. Advancement is given to those who have connections with senior staffs. It's a culture that rewards the least talented.

Pros

Opertunities for those who can speak mandarin since over 70 percent of Guest are Chinese

Cons

working for giant corporation with over 250 dealership in which you're just a number

Horrible place to work

Don’t work for Weins Canada it’s a disgusting place to work. Management just cares about the funds and is clueless what goes on a daily basis. Favouritism from management is essential. Worked in car wash it’s a different story there. People disappear always. If I can give a zero I would!

Pros

Cheap lunch

Cons

Money, Management is clueless

One of the worst groups to work for

Labor times are below industry average, the pay is subpar, a horrible work environment, and overall one of the worst places I've ever worked. Stay away from this group. They make profit by taking it off their employees' backs.

Pros

Cons

Many

Make money only if you give your entire life to the company

I didn't want to believe the bad reputation that Wein's Canada had, so I went against my better judgment and accepted a job offer as a Financial Services Manager. First off, the role of a F&I Manager at ANY dealership is a complete joke; they are trained to be actors instead of real finance managers. Companies do not put any emphasis on truly learning the "finance" aspect of being a finance manager. They consider you to be 2 things only: 1. an actor 2. paper-work printer. One of the Sr. Financial Services Managers at one of the dealerships I worked at for Weins would purposely stay behind till MIDNIGHT, ON PURPOSE, out of their OWN will. Sales Managers would allow customers to come in and have a seat AFTER closing hours. Now although this is common amongst all dealerships, Weins Canada would take it to the extreme, and have customers come in, holding the staff back till 11pm-midnight some nights. Now tell me, does that sound like a great work-life balance? Sure there's potential to make good money, but at what expense? Not having a life? Not seeing your loved ones? The car industry is bound to change drastically soon. In another 2 decades or so, this over-rated position won't even exist.

Pros

opportunity to make good money; advancement is possible

Cons

long hours; poor management

Worst Autogroup to work for

Absolutely horrible and disgusting place to work. Management especially higher ups in corporate were complete trash and treated everyone like it. If there were problems executives would brush it under the rug.

process driving

some time too much process. you may have trouble since some unknown reason to get a warning letter so you will never stressful since a lot office political

Decent company but they dont have your back always

Huge company based out of Japan. Lots of dealerships and thus, there is opportunity for advancement if you have the experience. However, extremely strict rules/guidelines, difficult to communicate with HR/administrative people, and bullish on giving people second chances. Some policies they strictly follow at times while ignoring completely at other times. They have 14 dealerships- some of them are really great, really well run and dont require much involvement from corporate office. From an individual standpoint the dealerships are better run than the parent company is, if that makes sense

Pros

Lots of different jobs available, individually each store has a different experience.

Cons

Strict and mundane administrative policies, company may be getting too big

If you want to learn and grow, this is the right company.

If you're looking to expand your knowledge, exelerate your growth, and advance within a company, I would recommend Weins. If you're lazy and looking for a free ride, or lack of self accountability, look elsewhere. This company will challenge you to be your best.

Pros

Winning culture.

Cons

High expectations for performance although I don’t believe this to be a con necessarily.

Great for a starter !

Great starter sales position, lots of things to read online, huge Toyota line up that you would need to know. Management can be worked on. Favouritism at its finest at this dealership. Most new sales don't last due to no customers. If are you going to be in sales, you better somehow bring in your customers, family, friends etc... Great company but management is terrible comparing to my previous sales job. its the biggest Toyota in North America, high volume yet they fire/let salesman go even when they produce.

Pros

free lunch once a month.

Cons

long hours, management is terrible, not adapting to changes and stubborn management.

Dooo not work here!!

Believe me if you want slave labor then this is the place for you... Yes you get a base salary but no commission unless you sell at least 10 cars. The sales process is old and slow and all they do is cheat the customer into thinking they're getting a great deal. It's all smoke and mirrors. Believe me you'll hate working here after a week.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, zero pay

Jobs at Weins Canada

See more jobs

Car wash

I was one of the car wash employees the other one I worked with would keep disappearing every time I got busy. They were building a automatic car wash that year before covid then why did they hire me. We had no service manager for a few weeks because the new one did not show up for his first day.

Pros

fun coworkers

Cons

no help when car wash got busy

Stay away dont apply toxic environment

Working for audi oakville sucked. Management had no respect for there employee and customer they were rude they hardly worked, always on smoke breaks and hardly in the office. You work hard and there is no appreciation. This is a worst company to work for. There is no support from management.

Stressful workplace and no respect

Weins Canada Inc’a Managers always try to push you and treat you like a pupil, there is full of stress and no fun workplace. Highly NOT recommend to any one want to work for a dealership.

Pros

Cons

Very long work hours (some time need work 24hours)

Stay away!! Do not apply - it or non-it - stay away!!

The senior leadership at this company is by far the worst I have ever experienced (and I have worked in IT for 16 years). They do not care about their employees and only care about money. Yes, obviously you want to care about money, but they do not care at all about you and what you bring to the table. If you ever make a mistake this will reach your manager and it becomes an office of tattle tailing and finger pointing. During COVID-19 they wanted to stay open, they did not care about sending employees home. All they cared about was selling cars and getting as much money as possible. Do you want to work for a company that only supports the bottom dollar and not giving a care about the health of their employees? Working in the IT department was horrible. By far the worst experience in my 16 year career. The management is lazy and all they cared about was themselves. They took credit for work you did and insulted you if you did not volunteer to work overtime due to family commitments. They say there is "some" weekend work. But they truly expect you to work 7 days a week, and the management themselves do not partake in any of these after-hours activities. They use time clocks to punch in and out everyday. And if you are salary based, PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE SALARIED HERE. You are paid hourly. They monitor time clock punches and it goes even to the extent of them timing your bathroom breaks. Within six months of being hired, I was told that I am not showing initiative. BUT they did not provide any training, documentation or guidance. They refused -

Pros

There are no pros.

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, horrible work environment, zero work-life balance, not team oriented

Stay clear

On the surface Weins sounds big and powerful, after you work a couple weeks you realize your have very little leadership through out the organization have you seen how many job postings they constantly have listed they won’t atttacy good candidates because of their know reputation

Pros

Cons

Zero leadership

Toxic , fake environment.

I loved my job and excelled at it. Unfortunately some management staff are not professional. A very toxic environment prone to a lot of gossip . It didn't matter how hard or how well you worked. Standing up for yourself if wrongfully accused was not acceptable to management in my sector. I will leave this short as I would like to stay within review guidelines.

Decent

Minimal room for movement below market average pay great coworkers management was hit & miss, some were incredible some was horrible learned a lot about customer service

Do not apply

This company is the worst to work for. Low pay for doing 7 jobs at once and they pick on the people who are of colours skin. Management is horrible giving promotions to people who do not deserve it due to lack of work ethics. People who work here arent even happy with their Jobs because every manager thinks they are better then everyone else.

Pros

Nothing at all except the free coffee

Cons

Managers, work and personal life balance, promotions, pay, work load, long hours

STAY AWAY! You can pay me in GOLD I would not return

I was Service Advisor for 1 year at this location. By far the worse place I have worked for in my auto career. Think about it ... Weins Canada constantly have job postings ... reason... high turn over. The morale is very low and workplace is poisoned by politics, stressful work conditions, unfair wages, lack of support from management. - There is NO work life balance ...NONE! The company comes first before your family. -Lack of support from management. You cannot make autonomous decision without going through a manager. Management does not keep track of all the extra days you work ... there no point of working extra days when management will not approve your request for time off. When I resigned I still had over a week of vacation. Moreover, when you have personal/work concerns/questions management does not and will not support you. Wages Techs and Service department staff are under paid. Based salary for experienced Service Advisors is way below the industry standard. The amount of time, effort and stress you put in does not match with your salary. As you can see from the other reviews ... there is a constant theme regarding poor management, low salary, high turn over and stress work environment.

Dont work here

I seriously worked my butt off for this company, worked extremely hard. Then they re payed me by firing me a couple days before 3 month probation. The management just pals around with each other and takes a smoke break every 15 mins and does no actual work.

Not all it seems to be

Mislead and unappealing, still performed strong but unfortunately no direction from management and unfair compensation. Look at other options before considering.

Pros

Cons

lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weins Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7