Weight Watchers International Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2018
Weight Watchers is a positive work place where you can meet people with the same goals you have in weight loss. Best to participate and complete program successfully before starting to work for this company.
Culture and employment are contracts and temporary
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 April 2018
Turn over are fast. Most of the employees are under contract, and temporary so it explains why the turn over is fast. Their structure is very complex.
Pros
hours on summer is good
Cons
not nice culture
Easy Going
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 April 2018
Energetic Customer Base, Weight Watcher Canada is part of Weight Watchers International. Members can be fun and entertaining but can also be very aggressive.
Pros
Lots of snacks
Cons
Lots of snacks
Extremely progressive learning environment
Meeting Center Leader & CoOrdinator (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC19 February 2018
Amazing corporation, consistently current with the market world,
up to the minute product professional research, opportunity to work
alongside talented - highly motivated coaches and managers.
Pros
continually well informed in terms of company's vision
Cons
constant changes
Money orientated
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2017
Weight Watchers International bought Weight Watchers AB and many clients discontinued their services. Many groups closed and workers became unhappy and moved on with their lives. The standards of the company have dropped.
Cutthroat retail company but once you learn the ropes, it gets easier.
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
A typical day at work involved reviewing spiel for members' presentation/meeting.

I learned losing weight for many doesn't mean leading a healthy lifestyle. Values of the company differ from its clients.

My immediate boss believed if I am successful, she will be successful.

Hardest part of the job: employer doesn't have your back but has the back of the customer who can oftentimes be demanding and unfair.

Most enjoyable part of the job: I was able to inject humor in my presentations and I could creatively write up a weekly newsletter to my members to motivate them to stick to a healthy lifestyle, even if they weren't all onboard with that. Making a difference in some way.
Pros
I motivate by example, members/clients motivated me.
Cons
Customers were demanding, downright mean when they didn't lose weight.
Fun workplace
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 November 2016
Dedication is a must , great management , closed to the employees, professionals and friendly co-workers.
after 6 months working here , i enjoy eeryday .
i learn a from the professional perspective to interpersonal skills.
motivational
Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB28 October 2016
I so much enjoyed motivating people and helping them with their weight loss journey. I travelled form workplace to workplace leading meetings and helping people.
Very difficult
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2016
The company demands are unreasonably high for Territory Managers resulting in very high turnover.

If the local management team is not found on sharing of strengths, complete transparency and cooperation from ALL team members, this job will never allow for a work-life balance.

It is a 7 day workweek, with a dedication of a minimum of 10hrs/day (weekdays) and 3-5hrs/day (weekends). Simply overwhelming.

Too bad, as this can be quite a rewarding career (helping others and coaching motivated employees), but with such high demands and expectations, something is going to have to give....(unfortunately, this will most probably mean giving up your family and/or personal life.
Pros
good benefits and salary - ONLY to territory managers though
Cons
Extreme working schedule and unreasonable expectations from TM's
the clients are great
Receptionist/Leader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 April 2015
Work days were only 2.5 hours ,loved the job
Self-confidence
Management was very good
My co-workers were the best I have ever worked with
Keeping the clients(customers) motivated
Seeing the glow in their eyes when they had an accomplishment
Pros
The people
Cons
not enough hours not enough pay
productive and fun workplace, very cultural base and great place to start your career in sales
Customer Service and Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario10 February 2015
i had a great time working for weight watchers on a contract job for two months.
the manager and supervisors as well as the staff was phenomenal.

its a great place to work if you don't like working long hours and love working in call center setting.
Pros
eat anytime of day at your desk. work in a comfortable environment.
Cons
salary could be better
Open, friendly, and collaborative environment.
Tally Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 January 2015
Recent renovation has improved office decor, added healthy vending machine, and a slow treadmill with work table. Coworkers are friendly and always willing to work together. Once you are here you are apart of the team. Weight Watchers is committed to being a team. They have monthly and quarterly meetings that inform all staff of company activities or to work together to improve processes and collaboration between departments.
Pros
Great coworkers and great work/life balance
Cons
Limited career advancement options
Amazing place to work
Sales Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 October 2014
Amazing team. Very supportive and helpful management team. I really enjoyed working for Weight Watchers .
Accounts Payable
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 September 2014
Manage the workflow of the ‘Accounts Payable’. The role encompasses the management of the day-to-day processes of the Accounts Payable Department. The management and mentoring an Accounts Payable team ensure that invoices and payables are processed as timely, accurately and as efficiently as possible in accordance with company’s regulatory policies and procedures. The role liaises with other internal departments and external partners to resolve vendor or invoicing issues in regards Accounts Payable. This includes the coordination of information and reporting with other departments. Using Oracle.
 Payroll adjustments and calculation.
 Enter PTA forms into Oracle, create batches.
A really great experience.
Shipper and Receiver/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 February 2014
I had wonderful co-workers. They were fabulous people.
The hardest part of the job, was when a member would come in and were disappointed with their results on the scale. That being said the best part of the job was the overwhelming amount of members who were and are still successful with the program.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unprepared staff members.
productive,satisfying job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  oakville28 September 2013
i take pride in servicing the members of WW. Taking up to 100 calls per day . My coworkers are very helpful and hardworking
Loved being a leader
Leader, Weight Watchers Canada Ltd (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, Ontario20 August 2013
Although I do not agree with alot of how the upper management works, I LOVED being a leader with this company. I loved inspiring others, motivated them and learning from them. People are my main priority and leading several different groups gave me so much purpose.
Pros
the members
Cons
wage, upper management
Great relaxed workplace with great people
Webmaster (Current Employee) –  Oakville15 May 2013
Good place to work. No actual benefits-mostly contract work. Little job security.

It's worthwhile because coworkers are interesting and friendly. Met some very nice people.

My manager is excellent - the best.
Pros
open, friendly environment - great people
Cons
no benefits, only contract work
Love meeting people with the same goal I had
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 January 2013
Setting up the products to be sold, also setting up your weighing station.
I've learned how to do a tally, write out receipts and to do a float.
I love the women that I work with, always so cheerful and happy to be there as I am.
The hardest part would have to be filling out the tally and making sure it's right.
The most enjoyable part is being with others and watching them succeed at their own goals.
Pros
50% off products and not paying for weighing in
Cons
having to get everything out and then away again.
faced pace and productive alot of teamwork
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2012
Picking orders and packing them, Very fast paced and alot of lifting. Learned to use forklift for loading trucks with pallets of products.Great teamwork ! I liked that it was Monday to Friiday days only.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weight Watchers International. Our community is ready to answer.

Weight Watchers International Reviews by Location