WeighPack Systems

WeighPack Systems Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Modern work environment
Fun place to work. Perpetually dynamic environment isn't for everyone. Need better quality coffee, but at least it's free. Nice building, nice IT department keeps equipment modern.
Interesting projects and great team
Unfortunately I was only there for close to 4 months due to COVID-19 layoffs and restructuring .
The IT department was a fun interesting environment to work in and lots of hands on with multiple technologies and projects.

Good solid team!
Nice facility, good quality products, no work-life balance
The company is growing fast and offers good quality packaging machinery.
The brand new facility and monthly social events as BBQ and karaoke.

The company is understaffed and there is no work-life balance because of that. People are quitting due to the stress level and because management often expects you to stay late nights (60-80 hours per week), and typically doesn't recognize the results one delivers.

Overall, I would recommend but ensure you state clearly from the beginning that work-life balance has to be reasonable.
Stressful enviroment, High turnover, Glass ceiling, Favoritism
If you're looking for high levels of anxiety and no respect then WeighPack is the company for you. A typical day at this company involves you trying to look busy and hoping you have something to do, if not then you are stuck cleaning, wiping and doing the jobs that no one else wants to do.

If you need help or have a question then you have to follow the special hierarchy system they have where you ask a level 2 techs who cant be bothered to help you then move on further where you will be belittled or deal with someone who couldn't care less. Keep in mind anyone in a higher position are part of the "elite". Anyone who is part of their inner circle of friends have special privileges such as taking breaks whenever they want, getting proper training, and actual work to do besides sweeping the floors and taking out the trash. If you're part of the inner circle of friends then you're well taken care of, chances are you'll never be part of the team as they outcast you right from the beginning.

Safety at Weighpack comes behind your work and more importantly cleanliness. There are no guards on the equipment which never works anyways. Every time you mention that something is broken or not working it'll be forgotten immediately. There is one working table vise in the whole company, the bench grinder rattles the table its on, and the air is filled with dust from fabrication and paint fumes. Also in the event of a power failure you'll be forced to work to meet deadlines. At least the floors are swept and the garbage is thrown.

Like any new employee you will require training to
 - more...
Two-faced. Not good for a first job.
Many reasons to go somewhere else.

So first thing, you won't get actual training here, except for specific info about how their machines work. You need to be very good and know things from the start! So high employee rotation rate. Cooperation is discouraged between employees working on different projects... so I was put on an assembly job that I didn't know how to do, in my 2nd week, and told to stop talking.

Health concerns. There's no health and safety officer there. And no syndicate. The production area where they do metalwork and welding is not isolated, so many employees start having allergies randomly, more or less severe. Going back home, my family started having allergies too because of my clothes.

Lack of communication, most parts are missing to complete projects. That's where they lose a ton of time. But no one wants to admit it. You'll just rush the last days of the month and be blamed if the shipment is late.

Last but not least, management. I know it's common in factory environments, but... it's pretty bad. Don't expect much feedback about your work. Only when you make mistakes. Even then. The floor manager is secretive and distant, even though their office is right there.

Be aware of the "inner circle". One supervisor hired his friends. They do whatever they want, sometimes sit on their butt, put loud music... they run the place and choose who they like. You need to be either hip and cool, or very useful to them. It's frustrating to look at them while you're trying to do your best and not waste any time.

...But hey, it's ok! The direction will
 - more...
Didn’t want to work there anymore
Possible for 1st experience. Normally workers left after 1 year max. In 2-3 months you will think about a new job, not about it.
Avoid Weighpack
You will not be valued for your work and will eventually be fired without reason, as they are known to have a high turnover. Management are not good as they will turn on you at any moment.
Expect to work overtime and not be provided any benefits. Save yourself the pain and look elsewhere, this company needs to learn to respect its employees first.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything mentioned
Many issues
Bad & inappropriate management making it a toxic environment to work in.
Been here 10+ years in operations - love it!
I wanted to post that I really enjoy working here and the fantastic team i get to be a part of. I really love my co-workers and management has always taken care of me and most importantly my family.

We work hard, play hard and do great work together.

If you love being challenged and working under tight customer deadlines, this is the place for you.

if you are looking for easy work and no accountability, its not for you.
Pros
beautiful facility, passionate people and FREE lattes!
Cons
Complainers
great team at growing company
Really exciting place to work, i get a real laugh out of reading these posts as i just wonder how our province became what it is. I have spent my career working at several high growth companies and this experience is no different. Everyone one works really hard, dynamic leadership and total CAN DO attitude.

I really enjoy it.

Today we had a great company BBQ off premise, had an awesome time spending time with my work friends and now about to enjoy the weekend.
Pros
honest feedback, exciting industry and great co workers
Cons
I am not a huge ping pong fan, a pool table would be fun!
made a lot of great friends here and doing exciting work
Currently work here as part of the engineering team and I really like it.

Awesome facility and great group to work with who genuinely care.

It's not for everyone, they are really fast moving, product focused and growing.

I am having fun and enjoy the challenge.
Pros
best coffee machine i have had at a company and its cool to have a gym
Cons
hmmmm, not enough time in a day
Bad accounting/finance dept and upper management
I will only briefly describe this company because there are lots of problems that will never be corrected. But in a nutshell the owners are hard headed and want things their way no matter what, even if it isn't the right thing to do. As a result there are constant struggles especially in accounting.

No matter how hard HR tries to stimulate the employees and make them happy, the bad energy from the owners is contagious, making management bitter and truly unappreciative of their subordinates and staff.

They do not back up their claim of an open door policy, to encourage employees to speak out. Instead, employees either get fired or quit... their bad reputation is know in the marketplace according to some HR professionals.

Employees are asked to participate in surveys to help analyse the social health of the business, but in reality, the survey results are used by the big bosses to judge managers... as a result, employees see no actual gain, only stress from the managers because they're upset at their own ratings.

- The company is short staffed, causing many depts to be overloaded... especially accounting. Expect to do extra time to be able to catch up in your work.

- The owners deal with the accounting dept as they please, by not following established critical protocols. Then they blame us for errors that they caused. A few people agree that the owners run the business like a pop and mom shop, making ill decisions and getting involved in every single detail.

- Employees (accounting), cannot suggest anything if they wish to keep their job: requests will
 - more...
fast paced, high growth dynamic environment
Weighpack has become a world leader because of the vision and determination of our management team. When I started work at Weighpack we were 30 employees. Today the group is 250 employees with facilities in Montreal, Toronto, Milwaukee, Las Vegas, Miami, Shanghai and now in Italy. Unbelievable.

I admire this company because while other companies stagnant , Weighpack continues to grow.

We build exceptional products with exceptional people. The work ethic, the commitment and the support is admirable. Kudos to managment and my company.
Pros
free coffee, awesome company events, continual training
Cons
Growing company, open to improvement
A typical work day is very fast paced. But everyone is part of a team and is helpful. The company is big on providing the tools you need to get the job done right.
I have learned they are big on organization, prioritization and optimization. And clear & simple communication is essential - they thrive on open communication in order to move forward and for improvement of processes.

The culture is work hard, play hard. Everyone works together to get the job done. The company has social events organized every month and try to engage employees.

The hardest part of the job so far is keeping up with the work, but would rather have too much to do, than not enough!

The most enjoyable part the job are the people and the working environment.
Pros
The people, working environment
Cons
Sometimes too many opinions
Amazing! Great place to work!!!
This is the best company I have ever worked for!

The managers truly care about their employees. Hard work is appreciated and rewarded. If you’re hard working and ambitious then Weighpack is the place for you!

The employees are all dedicated and passionate about their work, overtime is not something that is the status quo, like any company there are some time sensitive tasks that will require some extra hours. Most people come in early or stay late because they choose too, because they love what they do.

There is a lot of room for growth as the company is growing every year.

It is a fast paced environment, which is great as the days just fly by! I personally enjoy being busy all day, but there are periods of down time, which can be spent in the games room playing ping-pong, or in the gym! There are tons of social events as well that really makes it feel like a big family as opposed to just being co-workers.

If you are looking to just collect a pay cheque and do the bare minimum then this isn’t the right place for you.
fast peace environement to work
good team work ,lots of challenges ,open discussion policy ,a typical day at WeighPack = "my god the day is over ".Management care about employees ;implementation of “officevibe” in Jan 2018 .they listen et they are open to new idea CI is fully implemented and promoted .I enjoy going to work everyday .
Best decision of my professional life
Making a move is always a difficult decision. After almost 5 years in Aerospace, I needed more, and I found it at WeighPack! Its young, busy, fast and fun! I thought Aerospace was fast, but this place takes the cake. With increased sales year after year, this place is on track to continue growing, and I feel fortunate to be part of this success story.
Culture fit is a biggy, so the interview process is thorough; if they make you an offer, sign on the dotted line! Make sure to integrate well (attend social club events, eat lunch in the dinning hall, play ping pong...), ask lots of questions (they love that!) and don't be afraid to make suggestions.
Pros
Very active social club, table tennis, arcades, free starbucks coffee
Cons
Some overtime
Hard work but worth it
I started at WeighPack in '08 and still enjoy my work. Since I was hired, I've been promoted 3 times and a few weeks ago met with management to discuss my recent review and how I'd like my role to evolve. I'm not sure why some of these posts say they didn't receive feedback.

Here's the truth about the company:

1. Hard work is expected but also appreciated.

2. The team is amazing. I sincerely love working with my colleagues

3. If you don't care about your work, WeighPack might not be for you

4. At certain points, there is a lot of work and at other times its stable. During busy times, everyone is expected to do their part.

5. Lot's of company events that are actually fun

6. The new facility is truly awesome... game room, gym, and just generally a beautiful building.

7. Management can be demanding, but in my experience are mostly fair. Early on I made a huge mistake and was reprimanded pretty harshly but I was given the opportunity to redeem myself and I don't feel it was held against me in my career advancement

Overall, I think to succeed at WeighPack you need to be able to work through times of pressure, care about your work, and be adaptable.
Pros
Career development, amazing colleagues
Cons
Periods of high pressure
Growth driven company
Having been employed at other manufacturing companies, I have never worked at a company that worked so hard, cared so much and constantly pushes forward. They continue to grow year after year.

The new facility is stunning, I love it! I now work out at the gym every night. I lost 15 lbs!!

This company is not for everyone, if you are motivated by working hard, innovation, like change and Continuous growth, its great. If you want a slow paced atmosphere with the status quo, it's not for you.
Pros
It's exciting to be in a fast growing company
Cons
if you do not like working hard....hard work
Dynamic environment with great premises
WeighPack is a great company to work for. Lots of challenges, lots of opportunities.
Its a fast pace changing environment, always looking to become better. Always fighting to stay on top.

Over the last few years, there was a shift towards becoming more employee centric company (great premises, game room, gym, social comittee, state of the art facility with large offices, designed to promote collaboration).

Employees plays ping-pong and babyfoot during work hours, management will even join in for games once in a while.

You often see employees setting up small tournaments after work hours, which helps builds great team spirit.

Lots of great products, WeighPack has been growing a lot over the last few years and the next few ones are looking very positive.

If you are looking for good teamwork, great technical challenges, and are dedicated and passionate, WeighPack is a place for you.
Pros
Great office, Gym, game room, terrace, collective insurance
Feed back...
I was not extended a position after delivering exceptional results. There was never any constructive feedback to improve... I was misled to believe the job would become permanent, and let go with no chance to make any adjustments.
Pros
culture
Cons
stability