WeighPack Systems Employee Reviews

Asks for alot, gives minimal in return
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC25 May 2018
Asks for 60 hours a week and then tells you you don't work enough. Says they're family orientated but does nothing for the kids of the employees. Throws a lot of "all you can drink" booze fests several times a year. Gives you a "weighpack" sweater for your Xmas bonus instead of cash/cheque or Turkey. Management is an absolute joke as they will turn on you for missing a day sick and refuses to help you with questions (about the job) and acts unprofessionally and down right childish. unsafe work environment. Polishers throwing sparks onto people passing by (even people without safety glasses). Heavy lifting (400+ Lbs lifted by several people at a time). Seen many faces come and go in a 4 month period up until I up and walked out with all my belongings after more BS from management. Revolving door company. Has lots of potential to make a career working there but management kills it. Try it out...you'll see What I'm talking about!
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
All of the above
Amazing! Great place to work!!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 May 2018
This is the best company I have ever worked for!

The managers truly care about their employees. Hard work is appreciated and rewarded. If you’re hard working and ambitious then Weighpack is the place for you!

The employees are all dedicated and passionate about their work, overtime is not something that is the status quo, like any company there are some time sensitive tasks that will require some extra hours. Most people come in early or stay late because they choose too, because they love what they do.

There is a lot of room for growth as the company is growing every year.

It is a fast paced environment, which is great as the days just fly by! I personally enjoy being busy all day, but there are periods of down time, which can be spent in the games room playing ping-pong, or in the gym! There are tons of social events as well that really makes it feel like a big family as opposed to just being co-workers.

If you are looking to just collect a pay cheque and do the bare minimum then this isn’t the right place for you.
fast peace environement to work
working in production (Current Employee) –  Montreal23 March 2018
good team work ,lots of challenges ,open discussion policy ,a typical day at WeighPack = "my god the day is over ".Management care about employees ;implementation of “officevibe” in Jan 2018 .they listen et they are open to new idea CI is fully implemented and promoted .I enjoy going to work everyday .
Worst management in any company I've ever worked for
worker (Former Employee) –  montreal, qc16 February 2018
People are quitting left and right from this company with no one getting replaced.

Be ready to work like 50++ hours per week, without any compensation at all. They don't even give you time off for the extra hours you've done because apparently they don't have enough staff. Vacation time always gets declined.

A person sleeps with upper management, gets basically anything she wants, including having people fired or treat them like animals until they quit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, no overtime pay, they don't treat their employees like humans
Best decision of my professional life
Corporate Affairs (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC9 February 2018
Making a move is always a difficult decision. After almost 5 years in Aerospace, I needed more, and I found it at WeighPack! Its young, busy, fast and fun! I thought Aerospace was fast, but this place takes the cake. With increased sales year after year, this place is on track to continue growing, and I feel fortunate to be part of this success story.
Culture fit is a biggy, so the interview process is thorough; if they make you an offer, sign on the dotted line! Make sure to integrate well (attend social club events, eat lunch in the dinning hall, play ping pong...), ask lots of questions (they love that!) and don't be afraid to make suggestions.
Pros
Very active social club, table tennis, arcades, free starbucks coffee
Cons
Some overtime
Hard work but worth it
Accounting (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC8 February 2018
I started at WeighPack in '08 and still enjoy my work. Since I was hired, I've been promoted 3 times and a few weeks ago met with management to discuss my recent review and how I'd like my role to evolve. I'm not sure why some of these posts say they didn't receive feedback.

Here's the truth about the company:
1. Hard work is expected but also appreciated.
2. The team is amazing. I sincerely love working with my colleagues
3. If you don't care about your work, WeighPack might not be for you
4. At certain points, there is a lot of work and at other times its stable. During busy times, everyone is expected to do their part.
5. Lot's of company events that are actually fun
6. The new facility is truly awesome... game room, gym, and just generally a beautiful building.
7. Management can be demanding, but in my experience are mostly fair. Early on I made a huge mistake and was reprimanded pretty harshly but I was given the opportunity to redeem myself and I don't feel it was held against me in my career advancement

Overall, I think to succeed at WeighPack you need to be able to work through times of pressure, care about your work, and be adaptable.
Pros
Career development, amazing colleagues
Cons
Periods of high pressure
Growth driven company
Customer Service and operations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2017
Having been employed at other manufacturing companies, I have never worked at a company that worked so hard, cared so much and constantly pushes forward. They continue to grow year after year.

The new facility is stunning, I love it! I now work out at the gym every night. I lost 15 lbs!!

This company is not for everyone, if you are motivated by working hard, innovation, like change and Continuous growth, its great. If you want a slow paced atmosphere with the status quo, it's not for you.
Pros
It's exciting to be in a fast growing company
Cons
if you do not like working hard....hard work
Dynamic environment with great premises
Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
WeighPack is a great company to work for. Lots of challenges, lots of opportunities.
Its a fast pace changing environment, always looking to become better. Always fighting to stay on top.

Over the last few years, there was a shift towards becoming more employee centric company (great premises, game room, gym, social comittee, state of the art facility with large offices, designed to promote collaboration).
Employees plays ping-pong and babyfoot during work hours, management will even join in for games once in a while.
You often see employees setting up small tournaments after work hours, which helps builds great team spirit.

Lots of great products, WeighPack has been growing a lot over the last few years and the next few ones are looking very positive.

If you are looking for good teamwork, great technical challenges, and are dedicated and passionate, WeighPack is a place for you.
Pros
Great office, Gym, game room, terrace, collective insurance
Feed back...
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2017
I was not extended a position after delivering exceptional results. There was never any constructive feedback to improve... I was misled to believe the job would become permanent, and let go with no chance to make any adjustments.
Pros
culture
Cons
stability
Stay away from Weigh-pack
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC13 January 2017
You do not want to go work for Weigh-pack. Unless you can handled being insulted, treated like a stealing criminal, and demanded to work over 50 hours per week, with no benefits for doing so.
Pros
Other employees who feel the same
Cons
everything about the owners is not good

Want to know more about WeighPack Systems?

Ask a question
Team Fun is fun!
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2016
I know of no other employer that has monthly social events that they organize and pay for. The company is very customer and employee centric. here is never a dull moment at this fast paced dynamic and growing company.
Pros
culture, social events, people
Cons
Fast Paced work Environment with Opportunity to grow.
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC10 May 2016
I completed a summer internship at WeighPack while pursuing my degree and I was re-hired the following year after finishing my degree.

The environment at WeighPack was really conducive to growing as a young professional because I was given the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and got to learn from a lot of people in a lot of different disciplines. The workplace was very fast-paced and I must compliment the company on assembling such a hard-working staff. I didn't come across any "slackers" and it was nice to be surrounded by people who take pride in their work.

WeighPack did a lot of little things to show appreciation for their employees with many free lunches, BBQs/picnics, and they even had massage chairs and masseuses brought in one day to give massages to the entire staff.

When I worked at WeighPack they were undergoing a lot of change to update procedures/streamline work in general. This will eventually improve productivity, but there is a lot of work to be done in this "changeover" and this work was often monotonous when compared to my normal responsibilities. This was definitely my least favourite part about working at WeighPack. Also, the location is not ideal as there were very few restaurants/attractions around, so my lunch breaks were mostly spent on the WeighPack grounds. However, I believe that they were looking at moving to a new facility.

What I liked most was the fact that they made it clear that there were opportunities to advance my career within the company and they followed through on their word. I definitely could have
  more... seen my career continuing at WeighPack but I eventually decided to leave when I was offered my dream job in my home town.

I would recommend WeighPack to anyone who enjoys a fast paced work environment and has a good work ethic.
Pros
Career growth opportunities
Successful Manufacturing Company
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 December 2015
After 8 years of employment, I owe Weighpack my gratitude.

Regardless of what you have read or heard about Weighpack, they are successful and a good company to work for.

A big part of their success is their can-do attitude. 'No' is not part of their dictionary. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Obviously, they would not be able to succeed without having skilled, knowledgeable, and hard working employees. Which they keep on searching for continuously.

Weighpack is a fast growing company and in this type of industry, you must be. Competition is strong.

One down fall is the insurance plan.

Thank you. Farewell and good luck.
Pros
Fast paced environment. Technology. Experience.
Cons
Insurance plan
Busy... just the way I like it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal,Quebec20 May 2013
I read the reviews posted on this site and obviously there are some disgruntled ex-employees. From what I read and what I know is most that leave are gone within the first few months to within one year. It takes that long to get to learn the products as it is a highly technical business and some people that are hired have a hard time coming up to speed. Its unfortunate for them but one thing is sure and that is management do not deserve the nasty and untrue comments that are posted. I would not be surprised that the same person wrote more than one review. I can say that our senior managers are dynamic and growth oriented. Read about Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Lee Iacocca and so many more successful entrepreneurs and the similarities of these people are obvious.

A typical day breezes by at WeighPack. Over the last 8 years I have worked here I never have a dull moment. Year after year we sell more and more and as a result we are busier and busier.

When I started we were about 50 employees and today over 80 in Montreal. We have sister companies in Miami, Vegas and in Shanghai. I think we are over 140 people now and counting.

The company spends money on training staff. We also have periodic voluntary classes for personal training sessions on various software products. We have a lob-ball team and a hockey team

Most people like myself had no experience in this industry and over the years gained lots of knowledge. I have been promoted and earn almost twice what I earned when I started. No doubt I would like to make more but I cannot say that the pay is rotten.

My boss
  more... counts on me to keep up the pace and though I have screwed up a few times over the years, he was fair and gave me lots of breaks. I know that we are recruiting again as our orders keeps growing.

I expect to continue working here until I either win the lottery or another company will pay me much more than what I earn now for the same job.

For anyone considering a job at WeighPack here is some advice.... if you are looking for a mundane, slow paced, routine environment with little or no stress continue looking elsewhere. If you like action, you like being busy and you live to work and not work to live..I hope you get the job!

Pros
interesting product, great work buddies
Cons
being paged !
Growing company with fast paced environment
Service (Current Employee) –  Lachine, Quebec 18 May 2013
I have worked for WeighPack Systems for over 10 years with in service department.

Since my time I have seen many changes as we have experienced alot of growth. We now deliver machinery throughout the world and to many well known companies.

This company gave me an opportunity to learn a new industry, travel the world and work with many great people.

For hard working and ambitious individuals there is alot of potential here.

Pros
Nice Co workers, interesting technology, meeting new customers and travel
Cons
at times alot of travel.
Engineering
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec5 January 2013
Dynamic, pro-active and constantly innovating. Fast paced and busy.Little time to socialize. Cannot survive in this environment if you cannot multitask and handle more than one project at a time.. Lack of tolerance for mistakes and slow witted people. Managers are demanding. You either keep up or your gone. Must have winner attitude.

Yearly R & D projects with some pretty smart colleagues. Lots of opportunities .
Pros
interesting, challenging, busy.
Cons
short lunch period, parking.
Worst place I have EVER worked
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lachine, Quebec19 August 2012
The most disrespectful employers on earth. People are frequently berated and told they are stupid and management is an absolute joke. No one is qualified for their position, and people are hired and fired whenever the manager feels like it. You are expected to stay late (no overtime) every night, you only have a half hour for lunch, and you will be interrupted and called to meetings during it.

Very few people stay more than a year, and in fact for some it is a matter of weeks. They have a revolving door reputation with good reason: this place is to be avoided.

Even ripped-off customers complain about the poor level of customer service and management.

Several people left due to a nervous breakdown. This is not normal. This place should be closed down as it poses a serious threat to a person's well-being.

Let's not even mention what they pay!

I have been looking for a new job for some time but having this place on my resume is damaging because their terrible reputation is so well known. It has been less than a year and I am looking since my second week!

Even recruitment agencies refuse to deal with them.
Pros
learned to identify what i don't want
Cons
all of them are cons.
Fast paced workplace
Operations Auditor Assistant/A/P Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC21 June 2012
A very fast paced work environment.

I started in Accounts Payable and enjoyed every minute of it. I switched over to Operations Auditor Assistant to assist the Auditor. Both positions were abolished due to restructuring and I was switched to Stockroom Manager. I was let go due to further restructuring.

I enjoyed each task I was given and applied myself to the best of my abilities and I would do it all over again.

I exclude Stockroom Manager from my resume in order to seek Accounting related positions only.
Pros
christmas party