Weidner Apartment Homes

Weidner Apartment Homes Employee Reviews

If you’re happy to stay in the middle choose Weidner

I really enjoyed working with Weidner initially. I anticipated growth within the company but they look for a degree over experience and men over women when it comes to upper management.

Pros

Lots of responsibility and training

Cons

Boy’s club

All corporate

Basically have a face for the public and a face for the employees. Complaints are almost just shoved under the rug. My thoughts are because the worst part of management having to deal with the problems are the employees complaining.

Pros

Management is kind of clueless

Cons

Management is kind of clueless

Loved working for this company

I absolutely loved working for this company, sadly there was no more room for me to grow after 5 year's. But this company has a fantastic training program and I recommend them to anyone looking to gain experience I'm this industry. I would go back myself if there was room for growth.

Pros

Amazing training and culture

Cons

No room to grow and expand after being a CM

Run by unprofessional higher management due to low wage

Management’s lack of technical expertise and knowledge make ground people’s work life hard.It is always take a great work and mind to create and develop business but fireback in long term basis if you promote nepotism.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Loyalty based employment and job security.

Stressful & Toxic

Had a supervisor who mischaracterized conversations between himself and staff and would exaggerate or alter events to terminate through written counsel. Very toxic. Management views site staff as expendable. Company lies they value their people. People Services or HR is a joke. Need to restore staff as priority.

Pros

Rsp

Cons

Long hours, bad management, poor communication.

Stressful and underpaid

I worked in leasing for 3 years. The pay was not worth all the stress, tenants scream at you all day everyday. Head office makes changes to policy weekly but no one addressed the real issues. Very cheap, greedy, uncaring company. Will do anything to cut costs. I was forced to lease apartments infested with bugs, in filthy condition, no repairs or renovations done before moving people in creating a very stressful situation for everyone involved

Pros

Monday - Friday, health coverage

Cons

Underpaid, stressful, dirty

Worst place I ever worked

Immediate Management only cares about when upper management comes to town and the money. They dont do full screening of their tenants (only a credit check, they dont care about previous renting history and they let in rediculous people). They dont care or stand up for their employees. You are just a number and you are replaceable. The lower management that they finally got in last year (we were without a direct manager for over 3 years) was only interested in firing you if you didn't fit the mold rather than guiding you. I worked for a Canadian Weidner so this is typical. They dont really care much about their Canadian properties or their tenants

Bad Company

This company does not value their employees. Once your service they can lay you off anytime without valid reason. It is a stressful environment to work. They don't pay well and their properties are really old and infested.

Work place is good but Management is not

After performing well they say's you to go home and not given any reason just say Management call. Middle management is think they can do what every they want to.

No Job Security

Don't work for this company. They can lay you off without reason and without notice. They don't listen to employees issues at all. I have face a lot of issues working for them. I ended up working more than my required hours with no proper pay. They don't acknowledge any of it and once their job is done terminate you and put fake reason for it.

Love this Job!

Great work family, great people, good pay! amazing work culture! opportunities for advancement are outstanding! Best job I've had to date, hands down!

Pros

Monday to Friday

Great coworkers and culture, bad properties

Weidner investment services has a great manager in training program for graduates interested in property management. The company culture is really great and coworkers are amazing. The properties being managed are older and constantly need improvement. They also attract not the best clientele/residents because it is more low income housing.

You Better Be A YES Person

I worked for this company for about 0ne year. In that time I found out your on thin ice for anything you do or say. If you disagree with anything management has to say, pack your bags, you will be gotten rid of. If you rent from them, you will be forced to leave. Who cares, pays lousy anyways, I got a job hauling grain for 3 times the pay I made at Weidner! I met Mr. Weidner at his apt. building one time, on one of his tours, he asked why the ceiling was not perfect, we are talking about the whole length of the building. All cut up and patched because of repair`s. It would have to be all replaced. But he thought I should fix it. without replacing it. Good luck to you all, but for this job You Better Be A Yes Man!

Pros

Health Car

Cons

On call all nights and weekends, low pay gotta be a yes man!

Supportive, Encouraging, and Empowering.

During my tenure at Weidner, I received nothing but positive support. I was accepted for my position with no experience, and I was embraced with nothing but a positive attitude and encouragement to embrace my abilities. Weidner provided me with the opportunity to grow, learn, and to rise to a new level of understanding of this business.

Pros

On-the-Job Training, Supportive Programs and Management

Cons

Restriction in Maintenance Allocation

Professional and fun work environment.

On the go type of workday working with a great team in providing tenants with a community like living environment. Providing excellent service and well-known for their Canada/ US rental properties.

happy and productive work place.

It's nice to work with people who don't care where ever you came from and i love to work with the people who work not only if the boss are around, i mean they will work because they love their job. Its easy to work if your environment are happy, and the management are easy to talk with about your concern for the company growth. The hard part of the job i can think of maybe if the management promise something that they cant materialized.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

allow overtime

Amazing company! Highly recommend

Excellent company. Generous hours & wages. Benefits. Ongoing training. Weidner has established an exemplary corporate culture and I feel very fortunate to work with this company!

Bad place with bad management.

Don't work for this company. They just use and abuse. Tenants run the show! No training, no support. Based out of the US and doesn't really care about its employees.

Good place to start your career

I work as a part time employee,but if given a chance would be glad to move on to a full time position. The management is employee friendly. I got a good opportunity to enhance all my skills and this will help me in my further job prospects.

Schedule Organization and Staff Training Priority

Fun place to work with friendly atmosphere and helpful team members. Very hands on and supportive superiors. Training and work knowledge are the priority of the company.

Amazing management team that truly know what and how to work as a team!

This is the best place I have ever worked. All the staff are friendly , professional but yet fun, and extremely great people. The position I have if I could take it with me I would as it is amazing job and truly enjoy working at weidner.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weidner Apartment Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement