Weed Me

Weed Me Employee Reviews

Weed me is a start up company therefore it has start up culture. Passionate people growing decent genetics, seasoned CEO and experienced grower/trimmers.
Enjoyable and friendly work environment. Supportive team and goal driven leadership and management, bringing the best out of you in every task and across all departments. A growing and expanding.company.
Pros
Flexible, understanding, motivating
I have been with Weed Me for just under 2 months. I applied for this job because I saw it as an opportunity to break out into the recreational cannabis space. You will learn a lot from a growing team and become a change agent in the development of many new and necessary processes. The team is small but nimble, which I see as a huge opportunity. That being said, there's still a lot of work in developing a culture, but that's not unfamiliar with small companies. Overall, the environment is solid and the team is smart and determined.
Pros
Transparency and opportunity for growth professionally
Cons
Entrepreneurial environment, which is great but may not be for everyone
Where to begin. Maybe the good news: the cultivation team (or whatever is left of it--everyone dropping off like flies) was/is great. The bad: - you will get promised the moon, and you will keep believing it because of the good people in the back emotionally supporting you and each other - NO LEADERSHIP. Anyone talented eventually realizes they're wasting their professional life. Anyone who stays is because they feel like they have nowhere to go, or have financial commitments they can't escape. There are only a handful of people who are not secretly looking for other jobs and they are likely the boss's friends - bosses don't do anything meaningful, and all are friends who are too slack about their responsibilities while production staff are slaves and practically working for no money at all. - unsafe. just minimizes seriousness of the hazards. TIP: work here if you really are desperate to get some legal experience. But prepare to get crushed. They will appear nice and friendly though.
This company is an interesting one. Be prepared to be sold on the idea that this company is a small start up focused on quality and that your roll will expand. You will be promised raises, more staff to complete daily tasks, and job security by upper management one day to be told you can all be replaced the next. You wont be able to tour the facility before you decide to accept the job for any reason they can think of. The ergonomics of the faclity are absolutely dismal at best with hallways too small, having too many people in small packaging rooms, grow room tables at unreachable distances and you'll be working on a sketchy scaffolding most of the day. on the positive side I met some amazingly passionate people who made my days at this company. I would have struggled alot more mentally if the culture wasn't as strong as it is. this LP is just like all the others.. they pay upper management amazingly (90-150k) while they do nothing and pay the growers who have insight, experience and passion about what their doing 14-17$ an hour. Youll work here for 3 months and the "master grower" will make a bunch of mistakes, blame and fire you before you sign the contract they'll promise you in the last interview. I wish everyone applying here luck and strength.
Official response from Weed Me
2 July 2020
Thank you for your comments - your feedback is very important to us. We're sorry to hear that you are feeling this way and would like to make it better for you. We take every step to ensure that we are providing a safe and pleasant work environment for everyone who works at Weed Me Inc. We ask that you please speak to management about any of your concerns so that we can address them immediately. Thanks very much!
  1. Employee reviews