Weed Man Turf Ops Employee Reviews

good company
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2018
great company to work for. Very fun. great company to start with. I recommended for anyone looking for part tie work. decent pay. good solid company
Fun Work Environment
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 June 2018
When working here I was always treated with respect. It came to the point were when I wanted to further my career they called me back and wanted me to come back because I was one of the top sales reps.
Bad
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2018
I got frost bite on the job. The supervisors are horrible, they do not watch out for you and are in no way "responsible" for you. I couldnt write at school due to my on job injury
Short Term Work
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 April 2018
Walking, weather not always good, customers are not always happy to see you at there door. The owners expect production from you - even when the customers are not interested. There seemed to be a lot of customers who had bad experiences with the company before - so it made the job hard.
Good enviornment to work in
Salesman (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 April 2018
Working at weedman wasnt the best job out there, but it was good for what they could offer and what they were able provide. The only thing I didnt like was working outside when winter came.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Misleading and chaotic management styles
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON3 April 2018
Not the worst job for securing something until a better opportunity comes along. Their work from home customer service positions as advertised were a little misleading. Hours of arbitrary on-line exams that focused more on personal philosophies and motivational quotes than actual tangible training. Hours invested in downloading and preparing online programs that didn't exactly work. Daily online conferences are held that management rarely shows up on time for. The supervisor even told sexist anecdotes on the first meeting. Definitely not for me but a relative easy company to get into until something more promising comes along.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Disorganized and chaotic management
prodcutive and fun place
Salesman/labor worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2018
i only worked there for 2 month so not much to talk about but we would get dropped off in a neighborhood and go door to door and try convincing people to become potential customers.
Productive and fun experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 February 2018
It was my first job in Canada during hard winter time and only source of my income. I improved my dealings and communication skills at best level of my life.
Pros
Free rides
Cons
Bad winters
Terrible company
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 February 2018
They do not get all the weeds out your lawn and when you try to contract them you ignore you. Also when they do show up all I got was attitude. Weedman is the worst lawncare company
Misleading job descriptions
Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
Got hired as a marketing supervisor, once accepted the job and started my first day of training , they didn’t mention that I will be “door knocking “ and came up with a useless excuse of why I will be door knocking . the training felt like a grade 12 English class where everyone has to take turn to read a script . I will advise this company to get a clear job description and let employees know their duties before hiring them .

Very disappointed
Pros
Cons
Misleading
the hours aren't for everybody
Sales and Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 January 2018
- you work in the evenings and all day Saturday
- you learn how to motivate employees and multitask
- management is a mix, like most companies, they have their good and their bad,
- senior management is good but they need to surround themselves with better middle management
Not a bad job for school students
Turf Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 November 2017
It's a good job for someone who is young, working a job while out of school for the summer. Low pay, they do not pay overtime, they do not pay holidays. There's no room the advancement , and if there is they will low ball your pay.
Pros
work outside, work independently, meet customers
Cons
poor pay, no overtime
Very orgainized and enjoyable work place.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Weed Man, the training that was provided in regards to lawn care was beneficial in helping customers and also helped in the processing of the paperwork.
Salaire
Technicien (Current Employee) –  1123 Desserte Nord Autoroute 440, Laval23 August 2017
Le salaire n'est pas tel qu'indiquer. Vous serez payer 11.75$/H peut importe si vous faite 50 jobs par jours, car la productivité est calculer au 2 semaines. Ils donne des attentes innumaines
Inside Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 July 2017
Work Atmosphere is very poor. No staff or lunch room.
Training is not very good. Learned a lot about the company, but it's not very useful to apply to sales.
It is very hard to get an old client who has cancelled in the past, to resign up again - very frustrating.
Okay first job, dont bother otherwise
Sales Assoicate (Former Employee) –  69 Bramalea Rd, Brampton, ON L6T 2W922 July 2017
The job was constantly talking to other people in the neighbourhood which by it self would be fine. Though the fact that the managers would force you to get leads in most weather conditions i.e snow, rain and etc. There is no benefits and the salary is minimum wage this is by far the worst job.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
working in bad weather conditions with minimal pay
Aspect difficile
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC22 July 2017
-Marcher pendant des heures.
-Certains clients sont très désagréables.
-Obliger de finir un quart de travail environ 1 heure plutôt, car certains coéquipiers ne sont pas performants.
Pros
Horaire flexible
Cons
Courtes pauses
Weed Man
Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2017
Management wasn't anything special, they did what they had to do and made sure you had what you needed to get the job done. Long hours which made it hard to balance work/home life.
Dont quit your day job!
virtual sales (Former Employee) –  home5 May 2017
Dont let them fool you, the at home job is being a telemarketer! They give you no actual training on the lines, just throw you out there on your first day. Management is very aggressive when it comes to you doing things their way and closing your sales no matter what.
If you are a full timer and miss one day of making sales your hours are cut in half.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
work everyday, constant belittling from management
not the greatest
junior sales representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 April 2017
it's not the greatest but it's a great place to start off until you can obtain a better job, but this is not a lenient job they expect you to work every day!
Pros
good and quick money
Cons
horrible work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weed Man Turf Ops. Our community is ready to answer.