Weed Man Turf Ops

Canada110 reviews
Featured review
Weed Man Turf Ops selected this as a representative review
Good pay
Very good pay. Washrooms are not accessible as you have to find restaurants or stores to let you in and it slows you down. Management was very understanding but strict when needed. The employees were funny and always were trying to help out. The hardest part of the job for me, was finding ways to accommodate my height (5'0). I had to constantly find ways to reach the latches on the gates and it was not only challenging but time consuming. The best part about working at Weedman was the freedom of being your own boss and determining yourself how much money you want to make for that day. Although there was a quota, management was understanding to temperature and watched the forecast regularly to make sure the weather made it capable to finish your job.
Pros
By yourself
Cons
Hot
Terrible at home job
You have absolutely no support from supposed supervisors. It definitely does involve cold calling when mostly everyone says that they did not give their info to us. I lasted 1 week and I am made of strong stuff and have done sales. STAY AWAY IF YOU VALUE YOUR SELF WORTH.
Terrible company
Does not treat employees properly, continuous reduced payment that is never compensated, they deduct money for their uniform and make you sign a contract saying they’ll compensate you if you’re terminated or you quit, but you never see the money, they also ignore you when you ask them about where your rightful pay is and when it’s coming, changes in wages, and even has harassment in the workplace! Do not work for this company or purchase anything from this company unless you want to be wronged
Cons
Excellent relationship with management, fun place to work
Extremely enjoyable, outside work, use of company vehicle, friendly employees & customers...... a great experience for anyone who enjoys working outside.
I’m only rating this one star because I don’t have the option to put zero
The only reason why I applied here was because the salary was a little over average where I live. Everyone kept telling me not to work there, and I should have listened to them. I quit exactly one week in. They expect you to work in EVERY weather condition, even if it’s -25 outside which I’m pretty sure is illegal. Car and bathroom smells like straight up doodoo. The supervisor insults, belittles and micromanaged everything, all while being passive aggressive at the same time. They claim that making good sales make practice, but already less than a week in the job they threaten to fire you due to not reaching the incredibly unrealistic amount of sales per hour AND day. Please, for the love of Christ, spare yourself the trouble of working here. I’m saying this so you won’t have the endure the amount of suffering I went through... and also because this company is just doodoo overall.
Company was not overly great to work for, they would overload you with work and on the hottest days I would get heat stroke and be told to stay out until all my jobs were completed.
One of the best places I've worked
This place is probably the best place I've ever worked. Management is great, understanding when able to be but will crack down on you when necessary. The only downside is that I never had enough hours after my initial start month, and despite me saying my ideal hour range was 25-35/week, I ended up with less than 15 most weeks. Despite that, I had a blast, everyone working there is extremely friendly and high energy. Morale is great. The work itself can be tedious, but the freedom of not having a script on the phone aside from the opening is wonderful. The training is thorough and I had no problems getting started.
Discusting
If you are looking for a migraine. This is the place, Just a bunch of internet losers working together. Stupid management. The company it self is doodoo
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Weed Man Turf Ops?
Not a good place to work.
Simple job yet management tend to not understand their own reputation and how people think. A manager takes you and a handful of others to different cities and areas, drops you off with a partner, where you then must go door to door, asking people if they want to receive a call from the call center department. Most people have a negative opinion of the company due to being contacted non-stop despite being asked to stop, or agreeing to the offer given to them. You are expected to receive a specific amount of signatures stating they are willing to receive a call, and if you don't meet that goal, you will be fired.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Difficult.
make your own money
ability to decide how much money you want to make with commission
A good job to start if you're a student.
In the real world, you're always going to end up working for a certain company that may or may not be your cup of tea, but it will teach you alot about life, and making money the honest way.
However, me being some 18 year old with only partial experience prior to working for this company, suddenly and quickly changed into being a good salesman JUST FROM WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY.

You learn about meeting quotas, sales pitching, the psychology of sales, meeting strangers and trying to befriend them for a quick minute, and eventually helping the business grow through leads.

Weed Man here in Windsor may have had a troubled past, but it really cleaned up its act, and nowadays, the majority of Windsorites actually don't think Weed Man is a bad company anymore. It's all about the effort that you put into your job and making the best of it, instead of wasting it hopelessly.

Sometimes, you may encounter some strange people who will ask you for a gram of weed, but then again, there's other times when you knock on the door and they'd be thrilled to become a part of Weed Man's impressing group of lawn care professionals that will turn a random person's cruddy lawn into the best on the block.

If you're still in High School or College/University, and you want a job that gives you some good benefits, then you should definitely apply.
Pros
Immediate response from supervisors, Good manager, Good supervisors, you end up learning alot about sales, giving you alot of experience along the way. Sometimes, the quick stop at a convenience store.
Cons
Certain shifts may not always help you reach your quota all the time.
Seems like you can do okay but I was mislead so I quit
I was told when I began that there would be no cold calling, which definitely was not true as the campaign you start on is cold calling or calling people that do not want to be contacted.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Bad job
Poorly and disorganized operation
The system in place to encourage employees to make more money has to do with speed and results in employers rushing their work and therefore a plethora of customer complaints.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
long hours and minimal pay unless you take no pride in your work.
Terrible software and no help from anyone!
They don't care about you. There software is terrible. There is no support. Training is mostly useless. Managers won't even respond when you have questions on your first day!
Good work place
Good for gaining customer service experience and co operative staff plus good colleagues. Good pay salary and plus commission on sales. Overall, a good company to work with
Terrible company. Boss is a liar and they do not care about their employees.
Do not recommend working here. Working in all weather conditions is a requirement that they take very seriously and they will not care about you no matter how cold it is. They will send you home if they called in too many employees and not pay you which is illegal, and if you ask they will call you a liar and act like nothing happened. Boss is delusional.
Pros
Free food once in a while. They pay you for the drive to the area.
Cons
Unprofessional.
waste of time
I applied to be a Lawn Care Tech, they pulled me in for a laughable orientation and presented 4 grown men with a door knocking gig. Also the biggest kicker, is that its advertised for 16 - you get there then they tell you they pay 14... Guy pulled me outside and said just between you and I you'll get 16. So what is it? Lawn care or doorknocking? 14 or 16?
Jibril
I am really happy with Weed man at a service level. Their techs are really friendly and they do a great job. My only complaint is that they do have shifts during the winter and it's can get really cold and you're outside for a long period of time, Take away that and I would give them five stars.
Pros
Co-workers\Managers were very nice.
Cons
Working in the cold and in the dark especially during winter.
Don't do it
My friend and I were 14 and we were left outside in the middle of winter, in the dark, having to go to doors alone and knock on the doors of strangers.
Bad experience
I worked with them as a sales rep (work from home) for a few days. They give you three days "training" where it's them talking about their crazy ex Russian wife, or about if someone's says no do this this this this this this this this this this this. No practice. They didn't focus on HOW to do the job, they focused on how they got started and what year and how many Weedman they have etc. For three days. Then you get thrown into the battle field.

So in my FIRST hour on my FIRST day, I creeply get a manager in my EAR on the headset (which throws you WAY off when you're speak with someone) saying "Okay, keep on going, I want to talk to you blah blah blah" he showed me my Agent Report. Saying it's way above the needed 7 (which bad) and saying I'm taking to many NOs an hour? It was my FIRST hour holy. Some calls go straight to answering machine, some hear my name and click, and others let me talk and do my job and say "no not interested and hang up". All this happens before I could say any rebuttals.

Very discouraging. I am a sales agent now, great company, and on top. Because I have what Weedman can't offer. A strong support team and management behind me.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Little to no training, expect 100% your first day, don't have it together.
Horrible
Horrible employment very stressful only job I was being completely overwhelm but the working environment and I really cannot say that I had a positive experience
Pros
Salary
Cons
The conditions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weed Man Turf Ops. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8