Weed Man Lawn Care Employee Reviews

Worst experience of my liiiife
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2019
do not work here. they treat you terribly, prey on high school students who need experience, and force you to work in unsafe work conditions. one time they told me to sit on the floor of a moving van because they didn't have enough seats to hold all of the employees. every single coworker i had was terrible, especially the manager who slept with the underage employees haha
horrible job
weed man consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2019
they kept increasing the quota per night and expected you to meet that regardless of whether you just started working or not. the team leaders didn’t give any tips on how to meet that quota and kind of just threw you out expecting you to do what needed to be done. they made us work in the middle of a snow storm, walking for hours outside going door to door in sub zero temperatures with no extra compensation for even showing up to work that day. they didn’t allow you to call in sick or miss a work day for whatever reason, they’d threaten to fire you if you didn’t show up
Long time ago
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM28 January 2019
It is ridiculous that indeed is asking me to review a job from years ago. It was a good job for a student as far as I remember. Held a number of sales roles, some paid better than others.
Pros
easy
Cons
pay
Not very well organized
Représentant porte-à-porte (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC21 January 2019
The schedules were usually posted last minute and would sometimes have to come in without having to actually work to see when I'm supposed to. I would spend most of my time in a car going to, back from and in work to distribute the flyers. Would always come back home late and pass out as soon as I could.
Great place to work and learn .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 January 2019
I have worked for The weedman for over 5yeats and its a great place to grow not only financially but also personally. I am a mother of a disabled son and the working from home really helps me to still be a caregiver as well as a contributer to my household. I have learned to be a stronger more influential person thanks to the great managmet team at Weedman.
Pros
Ability to make as much money as i can.
Cons
Not reall any
Fun workplace with great opportunities
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 January 2019
This was an adventure this one. It was a really great experience, really my first true Sales & Sales Supervisor job. Really helped me enhance my skills as a Sales agent and paved the way for my Customer Service skills. Advancement was quite quick if you were skilled. Really loved the people I worked with
Good for students
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 January 2019
I started working here when I was 13. For someone at that age this job was awesome for me. I got to experience all kinds of different people and how to work in sales at a young age. I was still able to balance my school and homework and go to work to have some money for myself and feel somewhat independent
Very unorganized
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 December 2018
They have one guy maintaining like 10 trucks so needless to say it's hard to keep up with all of them. And they break often because of this. You're paid on commission which is a bit of a love hate relationship. The whole training structure is very unorganized. I was barely there for two months before they had me training people on stuff I had just learned the day before. Also, prepare for a lot of customer complaints, all the products you use are watered down and hardly work effectively.
Pros
Potential to make DECENT money
Cons
Everything mentioned above
Sadly this place provided a good salary, however, the evironment was hostile
Indoor Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 November 2018
It was a good way to earn money as it provided a base salary plus comission, however, due to the high competition and constant hostile environment I exeprienced. I made a decision to leave as it was very difficult to work with abusive managers
productive workplace that gets rewarded once a week
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2018
Weedman is a place for students to work along friends while expanding the companies product line. Working with friends for the most leads is a challenge and and is sure worth the award of pizza on a friday.
Weed Man Lawn Care
Technician/Door-knocker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 November 2018
I worked for weed man for 3 years on and off so I did a lot of houses and work for them. I almost too always enjoyed working there and I learnt quite a bit about grass, lawn care, and a bunch of other stuff to help grass grow nice and thick.
Amazing company
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2018
Weed Man is awesome, its a summer job but you can make as much money as you want, you just need to work hard, longer hours as its commision based, also get them sales, increase your bonuses
Pros
good company, management, $$
Cons
summer job
Nécessite extrémement de travail et d’effort
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  QC5 November 2018
L’équipe de gestion est sans aucun doute la meilleure. Les gérants sont toujours supportifs et on voit la fidélité et l’effort qu’ils portent à cette entreprise. Certes, en tant qu’employé, ils s’attendent à énormement de notre part. Emploi extremement stressant au service à la clientèle, plusieurs clients plaignant, à ce demander si le département technique n’aurait pas besoin d’un peu plus de professionnalisme.. Sur ce stress s’y rajoute la pression des tâches que tu as a terminer avant la fin de ton quart, sachant que celui-ci est de 10h à 18h... vous avez une idée à quel point les tâches sont lourdes et nombreuses car non, tu ne fais pas juste répondre au téléphone, tu fais 3-4 emplois de plus que le "service à la clientèle". Le seul mot que j’aurais à retenir de cet emploi et sans aucun doute STRESS.
Pros
L’énergie d’équipe
Cons
Stress
wasn't that fun to work some supervisors were pretty mean and a few were nice
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2018
I wasn't the best at the job but I was always happy and energetic for the day ahead I would always have a smile at each door I was at and I would try my absolute best
Pros
some exercise
Cons
Your feet will hurt like crazy
bien
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC30 October 2018
tres bon comme premier emploi bonne expérience de travail
Pros
transport
Cons
peu d'heures
It was good.
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 October 2018
The job was simple. I would go door to door asking who would like there lawn to be done in the fall/winter time and eventually i got used to it. I really liked the job
Terrible Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 October 2018
No work life balance whatsoever, you will always bring your work problems home with you i promise.

Salary is pretty good in the telemarketing department if you know what your doing. But getting to the point of where ur good enough takes alot of effort and to some degree isnt worth it.

No job security at all, literally motivate your through threatening termination.

Management is literally the worst with them taking the job and their own position so seriously while at the same time treating you like ur worthless and have no value. Again this is coming from someone who left on his own accord and was at least top 5 sales people at the time.

Job culture should be good considering the people working there are nice people. but its kinda like jail, yes you will make friends and allies but still wont take away from the fact that the place spews negativity and pressure.
Pros
decent pay structure
Cons
Bad management, very difficult job and terrible worklife balance.
Terrible management in a largely luck based job.
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 September 2018
No matter where you work in the company you usually have a bad time. I've talked to many people who worked in the call centre about this and they all agree. For the solicitors, the job is luck based. The conversational abilities of the solicitor are irrelevant if the person opening the door is in the middle of any number of things or just doesn't want the services. Then there's the commission we earn. This is even worse considering the solicitor never sells anything but an idea. The only person selling is the guy in the call centre that you forward the number to. In reality, this job is only fit for people who can handle a job you can lose at any minute and your wages in the hands of people you sometimes never meet.
Pros
Plenty of time spent outside with coworkers
Cons
Productive and considerate work strategy
Telemarketing Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
Great team, great attitude, poised to help you succeed. Adequate training and guidance to get you to comprehend the job description and proper support
Pros
Work from home telemarketer opportunity, remote secure software, Great support
Very fun and productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON3 September 2018
Very relaxing but calm and working environment, everyone works as a team and we are all aiming to achieve the success of the company. Some days can get pretty stressful but you shouldn't let that get to your head.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Weather conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weed Man Lawn Care. Our community is ready to answer.