Weed Man Lawn Care Employee Reviews

Great Work Environent
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON20 June 2018
Everyone was friendly and very helpful when training me. I worked in the call room and gained telemarketing experience from this job. I would recommend this job.
Courteous of people with multiple jobs and school
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
Nice, warm, welcoming environment. The boss trains throughly and is very understanding. You feel accepted and appreciated. You’re work closely with your boss and other employees so you never feel alone. The time flies. You feel part of something bigger. You’re always learning and improving.
Pros
Understanding boss, calm environment, uplifting environment, helpful environment
Cons
Nice work place and comfortable
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 May 2018
It was a great experience working with employees calling the united states for free estimates. The office is set in a warehouse and it is a kind team that your working for. Things run smooth as long as you listen to orders from the supervisor.
great for experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2018
this allows customer service skills to develop while making you a bigger asset in the job market. you are given the opportunity to improve your skills and refine your communication abilities.
about it
Door to door marketer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON9 May 2018
long hours with no break. that theres a lot of people who dont like weed man. the management was ok. workplace culture was amazing. the hardest part was no breaks. the enjoyable part was i made a friend.
You have to lie a lot
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2018
It morally dosent feel right as Weed Man has certain policies in place that morally dosent stand well with me. For example , a customer is automatically renewed really without their consent, when these people call, you must try to retain them as customers even tho they feel like they are forced to because they have already been serviced and billed by the time they notice. They even have to pay for the first application before they cancel the program for the seasonal services. Doing this on a constant basis does not feel good.
Cons
You have to lie a lot
this place was below par
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 April 2018
when i worked for this company i was constantly yelled and sworn at by the customers because they have told our callers that they didn't want our service so it seemed like we (door to door sales person) was always a bother to the customers.
was not organized
Door to Door Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 April 2018
This place felt like it was all over the place and there was no guarantee of having a job the next day. The managers had a lot of issues but the supervisors were great.
Worst First Job
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 April 2018
The manager of the door knocking job is a complete joke. He swears a lot he is not professional meanwhile we are all teens. He sets unrealistic goals. He would threaten us everyday how he would fire us. He talks about all the kids in a foul manner. We all wanted schedules when to work, but he would tell us after our shift come tomorrow like we weren't busy when we specified which days we can come and cannot. It was really unorganized that is why some days people just wouldn't show up. He didn't pay correctly the government states if you show up to work and send you home. They are entitled to pay you 3 hours but he would not. Weed Man is a complete joke, management was a joke. We didn't get enough pay for the manager to swear at us and talk down to us and get doors slammed in our face. This job was not at all enjoyable and wouldn't recommend it to anyone only if your desperate for money.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
NOBODY wants weedman, Bad Co-Workers, Unsafe
Did not enjoy working here
Door Knocking/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 April 2018
Bad management, workplace culture.
Made us go out in unruly weather conditions.
Hardest part of job was having to knock on at least 100 doors nightly in only a 3 hours time period.
Pros
Cons
weather, environment, management
While it was a fun place to work with and the people were great, i had to walk door to door everyday in -10 plus weather
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 April 2018
Walking all day after school in the middle of a cold winter is never fun, while it was fun to just listen to music and work with some friends, i dont think it was worth it, the manager and supervisors set very unrealistic goals for us to achieve which made working at Weedman not fun or good.
Pros
lots of fresh air
Cons
Long hours, Nobody wants weedman
worked for few years never had a problem
Lead generator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
friendly and understanding people

sometimes the weather can make the job a lot ( if it was raining or snowing or just cold in general) harder but overall it was a decent job
Good
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2018
Door to door sales man
We went to door knocking and asking customers if they would like to apply to our systems if they wanted to plant weed seeds in the summer for better grass.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
They did not freat theur workers properly
Great company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Weedman Sacarborough29 March 2018
I worked in customer service for 8 yrs. I was very happy with Weedman's management team. Unfortunately I had to leave due to a family member's problem. I would love to go back part time as I miss the team.
Pros
Busy atmosphere with contests and prizes
Cons
No cons for me
Fun Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 March 2018
This is a fun and competitive environment with a lot of great people., The training is extensive and learning from the pros is great. I would recommend this business
good place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 March 2018
go to shop and get this job list for the day. then prep a truck for service. do a min of 100000 square feet each day, and up to 360000 per day. at end of day return a gases up and clean truck.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
extreme tempurtures
Fun but slow paced enviromment
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 March 2018
A typical day at work would be like every other day.
We follow the same routine when we come in and before we leave.
Management team was pretty lovable and helpful.
Not as organized as expected but still keeping up with basics
The hardest part of the job is convincing a client to hop on board with the services that the company is offering..
The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to interact with the everyday new people that we meet going door to door.
great staff and fun to work in the environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2018
It was a great summer with weed-man Ottawa, Friendly staff great place to work overall.. Get your work down and well and you will succeed. satisfy customers upsell to what there lawn needs provide cx with great respect.
Pros
great staff and god chance to make good money
Cons
long hours little time off
Growth, Incentives, Learning
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 February 2018
Its great to be a part of Weed Man lawn care. Good salary and incentives, very friendly atmosphere. Everyone helps each other and it does not matter whenther you are 15 years old employee or just one year, I am happy to be there.
Good summer work
Senior lawn care technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 February 2018
Start early finnish late and get as much done as possible.
Managment was good for the most part except when the boss's spouce started to do more and made me lose customers and wouldn't pay bonuses if she got mad at you and she was in charge of payroll.
I was the only employee they had in my area so i loved my co-worker ha.
The hardest part of the job is too keep going all day 5-6 days aweek doing the same thing 30+ times a day walkling 30-40 kms while pushing a fertilizer spreader or dragging a hose then rolling it up.
I loved the customers most are understanding when it comes to not being able to do a job for weather related issues i.e. wind, rain, etc.
Pros
Great outdoor work making people have beautifull lawns
Cons
Hot work, Rain sucks, wind blows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weed Man Lawn Care. Our community is ready to answer.