WeCare Home Health Services Employee Reviews for Support Staff

3.1Job Security & Advancement
Psw
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 July 2018
The clients are wonderful but the staff isnt.. Their are sometime you will say is it worth it, and the answer is yes only for the clients, that you look after nothing more.
Very unreliable and Unorganized.
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2018
This company is very unprofessional and poorly organized. They don't seem to care very much about their staff or clients. Often times clients report that they are very displeased with the services and that their PSWs often quit early on into employment. Yes, this field has a high burnout rate but this particular company is so poorly constructed that that is likely the cause of turnover rate. I could only handle the disorganized company for two months before I moved onto something else.

Positively speaking, the clients are often very lovely and somewhat understanding (the disorganized function of the company tends to affect this greatly). It is wonderful to be able to work independently with the client and reporting via telephone or in office about changes and whatnot. You're able to manage your own schedule to provide more flexibility however the company does not seem to respect availability and tends to overstep boundaries. Often times I've been guilt tripped into taking shifts that way surpass the time I put down as available. That being said, all of these pros can be found elsewhere with a potentially better company that operates smoothly. There are plenty of mobile PSW companies in Ottawa that have better reviews and success rates that would provide all of these pros.
Pros
Independent work, opportunity to be flexible, mobile, amazing clients, pays travel
Cons
**Incredibly unorganized**, unprofessional, does not respect availability
Awful place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 November 2017
Awful place to work. Very disorganized, no support from the office and management staff. No consistent work. Adding clients without asking. Hours all over the place. Driving all over the place.
Lots of hours, all over the place.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 May 2016
There were lots of hours but the employers were hard to contact and they were not very organized, especially with employee hours. I went from copper cliff to Chelmsford to Sudbury back to copper cliff for 4 hours worth of work. I spent more in gas.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Unorganized
Great experience
Personal Support Worker, Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2016
Highly supportive to their staff, encouraging, and flexible.
There is not much interaction with co-workers.
Clients are cooperative and appreciate your help.
Pros
Ability to build your own schedule
Cons
lots of travel
Excellent Workplace, Organized, Friendly Staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie21 October 2015
Obtain scheduled appointments from coordinator, attend clients homes and assist with daily tasks such as cleaning, light meal preparation, bathing, dressing, toileting. Some clients required 2 assistants to attend, in my experience the staff were on time and friendly. The most enjoyable part of this job was that every client was different but they were always happy to have you there helping them. I learned a great deal from this job and the experience was positive in every way.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 July 2012
One day I had a client who was affected by a stroke on his left side and I enjoyed helping him do exercises. I liked to help him do a series of exercises for his entire body, such as head movements, shrugs, arm movements and leg movements, etc. When I first started with the patient my English pronunciation wasn't so good so he didn't understand me when I said "shrug." He laughed because he thought I said "shark."