Weatherford Employee Review

Technical Service Coordinator
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2014
This was my first job in the Drilling Industry. I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology and challenges to maintain good client relations. I learned a lot about mechanical, hydraulic and motion control systems. The work environment was great. While there were challenges between different departments everyone worked together to solve the challenges of the company. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting equipment failures (this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job). Extremely long hours in remote locations with not overtime compensation. With Electrical, Mechanical, Control System, Hydraulic, Programming and Telecommunication all wrapped up into on piece of equipment. The experience I gained from the troubleshooting was impeccable.
Pros
Troubleshooting
Cons
long hours and no overtime compensation

Other Weatherford Employee Reviews

good people and good management
Pump Technician (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB23 April 2018
I was fortunate to work with a group of people that I got a long very well with. We worked well together as a result
management was terrific taking extra time to help us with anything
I was able to advance from pump tech 1 to pump tech 3 qualifications helping increase my salary
the most difficult part of the job was being on call on the weekends because you were by yourself and sometimes you became swamped
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and the people I worked with
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
small work shop
MWD Field Specialist
MWD Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 April 2018
Great working experience for those wanting to get experience in the upstream (Drilling) industry. Lots of training is provided. A little disorganized as it is such a huge company.

Not much work/life balance, and lots of perks are now taken away since the oil crash.
Pros
Good experience in the drilling industry. Lots of training provided.
Cons
No set schedule. Lots of days in the field and long hours of sometimes not getting any sleep.