Weatherford Employee Reviews

Poorly run and unprofessional
Inventory and Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 October 2018
The company is very volatile and job security is almost completely non existent. They are mismanaged and poorly structured with a benefit package that has been scaled back repeatedly
Cons
no job security, poor attitudes
Ups and Downs
Reliability Coordinator, Kuwait (Former Employee) –  kuwait4 October 2018
Like working for any multinational service company. Although they are not very sensitive to employees, and there is discrimination and preferential treatment.
Mixed bag
Global Capability Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary/Houston23 September 2018
There are some very good leaders and employees here who are working hard to change the culture and business results. I hope they have enough time (with the share price tanking) to be successful. They are battling a culture that is responsible for the chronic cash shortages and devaluation of the company so this is a huge task.
Pros
Interesting projects if you align with the right leaders
Cons
Sweat shop - enough is never enough
Great Place to work
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 September 2018
Weatherford is a great place to work with good Training provided by the employer i would recommend working there to anybody that is interested in a good job
Productive.
Liner Hanger Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middle east7 September 2018
The best working environment, with a progressive employee training development plan. Reliable products that make you feel confident to deploy under challenging condition.
Good workers poor management
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 September 2018
Upper management has no clue how to run a company, keeps lower management handcuffed on doing anything. The company doesn’t do anything to stimulate the low company morale. Coworkers are awesome, management is useless
Pros
Enjoy my coworkers
Cons
Upper management is running the company into the ground
In Transition
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2018
The management team is currently in transition. The former management was out dated. I have every confidence the company can be successful once the new management team and philosophy is fully implemented.
Pros
decent salary and work conditions
Cons
lack of leadership at lower levels.
SUB-SURFACE FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK19 June 2018
I have learns a lot form this work, being a new hire to a foreman the journey was awesome. This place was Fact pack work place with lots of hours of work and its physical demanding. Most enjoyable part of the work was working with the crew member.
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
No family time
Great place to work at, good leadership.
STATOR PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2018
Great place to work at, good leadership. Good benefits, you were given good hours with opportunity of overtime hours as well. Only drawback is once economy takes a hit, they get rid of the most senior positions first to save big bucks.
I had a great time at this place
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2018
Awesome work place, very nice people to work with, made some good friends. unfortunately the division I worked for got sold to an other company. Not sure how it is now.

Want to know more about Weatherford?

Ask a question
Due to cut backs and poor upper management it was hard to do day to day business
MAINTENANCE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2018
Due to extensive cutbacks and poor upper management it was hard to maintain the vehicles. Due to non payment of invoices it was hard for our purchasers to obtain the necessary parts to keep the vehicles running within government safety standards
Pros
bottom level management was great and cared for their employees
Cons
upper management made poor choices and caused low morale
Ok
Rotating Head Specialist (Former Employee) –  NISKU3 May 2018
Good company, company truck , great benefits, great people willing to teach you, location was close to home, most of the work was in Alberta, very enjoyable
Benefits
Cons
travelled allot
A Job
Payroll Clerk/ A/R and HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 April 2018
The staff was taken out for lunches, monthly
They offered a clear job description
It was an okay place to work
Most enjoyable part of the job was working independently
benefits
Cons
No advancement within
good people and good management
Pump Technician (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB23 April 2018
I was fortunate to work with a group of people that I got a long very well with. We worked well together as a result
management was terrific taking extra time to help us with anything
I was able to advance from pump tech 1 to pump tech 3 qualifications helping increase my salary
the most difficult part of the job was being on call on the weekends because you were by yourself and sometimes you became swamped
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and the people I worked with
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
small work shop
MWD Field Specialist
MWD Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 April 2018
Great working experience for those wanting to get experience in the upstream (Drilling) industry. Lots of training is provided. A little disorganized as it is such a huge company.

Not much work/life balance, and lots of perks are now taken away since the oil crash.
Pros
Good experience in the drilling industry. Lots of training provided.
Cons
No set schedule. Lots of days in the field and long hours of sometimes not getting any sleep.
Amazing environment
Service Technician /shop hand (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 March 2018
My internship was only 14 day long but had an amazing experience with the management and staff in the shop. It was a very safe and friendly environment.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Internship was not paid
One of the best jobs I ever had until they changed things
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
I LOVED the work I did at Weatherford. Being part of the dev team there was a great experience, we were basically autonomous and we got stuff done. Then we switched office locations and infrastructure, and everything changed. Unfortunate, and we parted ways, but still a great place to work.
Pros
great work, autonomy, benefits
Cons
upper management
Wireline logging
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
Computalog is no longer in business as it was bought by Precision Drilling, rebranded then sold again in 2004 and is now part of Weatherford. Tools and technology combined with others.
Managers need to change their mentalities,
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2018
Managers care mostly about their positions instead of helping employees to succeed and flourish
During 5 years I had only 1 training course about customer service
Poor work place culture (depending on who is your manager)
No this was not a fun work place
Driver/Rig hand/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2018
Drove to well locations and rig up gripper unit. Had are daily safety Workplace culture was great. the best part if the job was driving to locations and meeting with the rig crew and the doing the job.