Weatherford Employee Reviews

Found 208 reviews matching the search See all 3,215 reviews
Good work place. high level of safety and good people.
wireline operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2019
Jobs would change from day to day depending on if i was working in the shop or in the field. Lots of driving involved. got to see a lot of alberta that the average person wouldnt see.They provided opportunity to advance. Over all weatherford was reallty good company to work for.
Pros
Paid decent
Cons
possible long days and lengths of time being gone from home
Great work environment
Swan Hills - Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swan Hills, AB17 December 2018
The people I work with in my shop are great. We treat each other like family as we spend most of time with each other everyday than I actual families. Makes it enjoyable to come to work everyday.. There is someone to always point you in the right direction.
Good working atmosphere. Allowed individual independence.
Directional Driller (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 December 2018
Weatherford has taught me everything I've learned in the directional drilling industry. Once training is complete and you have established yourself as a capable worker, the company gives you the flexibility to experience any and all different types of wells each varying in complexity. The management has always been good with providing open communication and assisting and providing feedback in times of these new experiences.
Pros
Independent work environment.
Cons
Far from home.
No extra stuffs to keep you going
Field Engineer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 November 2018
A bit of a weird environment as employees are very much engaged in pleasing senior staff and avoiding issues related to workplace safety and pleasurable work environment. My department was a bit disorganized and Managers seem to be held back by senior staffs in approving pertinent work-related help.
Pros
Training
Cons
late shifts and poorly trained helpers
Our team and Local management is good but CEO's and upper management only care about their bottom line.
Parts Technician / Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2018
Our parts and service team are very good and very close but the higher management (VP's, CEO's etc.) only care about their bottom line and always asking you to do more even though no pay increase since the economic downturn (4 years).
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
CEO's and upper management only care about their bottom line.
Poorly run and unprofessional
Inventory and Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 October 2018
The company is very volatile and job security is almost completely non existent. They are mismanaged and poorly structured with a benefit package that has been scaled back repeatedly
Cons
no job security, poor attitudes
Ups and Downs
Reliability Coordinator, Kuwait (Former Employee) –  kuwait4 October 2018
Like working for any multinational service company. Although they are not very sensitive to employees, and there is discrimination and preferential treatment.
Mixed bag
Global Capability Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary/Houston23 September 2018
There are some very good leaders and employees here who are working hard to change the culture and business results. I hope they have enough time (with the share price tanking) to be successful. They are battling a culture that is responsible for the chronic cash shortages and devaluation of the company so this is a huge task.
Pros
Interesting projects if you align with the right leaders
Cons
Sweat shop - enough is never enough
Great Place to work
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 September 2018
Weatherford is a great place to work with good Training provided by the employer i would recommend working there to anybody that is interested in a good job
Productive.
Liner Hanger Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middle east7 September 2018
The best working environment, with a progressive employee training development plan. Reliable products that make you feel confident to deploy under challenging condition.

Want to know more about Weatherford?

Ask a question
Good workers poor management
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 September 2018
Upper management has no clue how to run a company, keeps lower management handcuffed on doing anything. The company doesn’t do anything to stimulate the low company morale. Coworkers are awesome, management is useless
Pros
Enjoy my coworkers
Cons
Upper management is running the company into the ground
In Transition
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2018
The management team is currently in transition. The former management was out dated. I have every confidence the company can be successful once the new management team and philosophy is fully implemented.
Pros
decent salary and work conditions
Cons
lack of leadership at lower levels.
SUB-SURFACE FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK19 June 2018
I have learns a lot form this work, being a new hire to a foreman the journey was awesome. This place was Fact pack work place with lots of hours of work and its physical demanding. Most enjoyable part of the work was working with the crew member.
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
No family time
Great place to work at, good leadership.
STATOR PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2018
Great place to work at, good leadership. Good benefits, you were given good hours with opportunity of overtime hours as well. Only drawback is once economy takes a hit, they get rid of the most senior positions first to save big bucks.
I had a great time at this place
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2018
Awesome work place, very nice people to work with, made some good friends. unfortunately the division I worked for got sold to an other company. Not sure how it is now.
Due to cut backs and poor upper management it was hard to do day to day business
MAINTENANCE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2018
Due to extensive cutbacks and poor upper management it was hard to maintain the vehicles. Due to non payment of invoices it was hard for our purchasers to obtain the necessary parts to keep the vehicles running within government safety standards
Pros
bottom level management was great and cared for their employees
Cons
upper management made poor choices and caused low morale
Ok
Rotating Head Specialist (Former Employee) –  NISKU3 May 2018
Good company, company truck , great benefits, great people willing to teach you, location was close to home, most of the work was in Alberta, very enjoyable
Benefits
Cons
travelled allot
A Job
Payroll Clerk/ A/R and HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 April 2018
The staff was taken out for lunches, monthly
They offered a clear job description
It was an okay place to work
Most enjoyable part of the job was working independently
benefits
Cons
No advancement within
good people and good management
Pump Technician (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB23 April 2018
I was fortunate to work with a group of people that I got a long very well with. We worked well together as a result
management was terrific taking extra time to help us with anything
I was able to advance from pump tech 1 to pump tech 3 qualifications helping increase my salary
the most difficult part of the job was being on call on the weekends because you were by yourself and sometimes you became swamped
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and the people I worked with
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
small work shop
MWD Field Specialist
MWD Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 April 2018
Great working experience for those wanting to get experience in the upstream (Drilling) industry. Lots of training is provided. A little disorganized as it is such a huge company.

Not much work/life balance, and lots of perks are now taken away since the oil crash.
Pros
Good experience in the drilling industry. Lots of training provided.
Cons
No set schedule. Lots of days in the field and long hours of sometimes not getting any sleep.