Weatherford Employee Reviews

MWD Field Specialist
MWD Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 April 2018
Great working experience for those wanting to get experience in the upstream (Drilling) industry. Lots of training is provided. A little disorganized as it is such a huge company.

Not much work/life balance, and lots of perks are now taken away since the oil crash.
Pros
Good experience in the drilling industry. Lots of training provided.
Cons
No set schedule. Lots of days in the field and long hours of sometimes not getting any sleep.
Amazing environment
Service Technician /shop hand (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 March 2018
My internship was only 14 day long but had an amazing experience with the management and staff in the shop. It was a very safe and friendly environment.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Internship was not paid
One of the best jobs I ever had until they changed things
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
I LOVED the work I did at Weatherford. Being part of the dev team there was a great experience, we were basically autonomous and we got stuff done. Then we switched office locations and infrastructure, and everything changed. Unfortunate, and we parted ways, but still a great place to work.
Pros
great work, autonomy, benefits
Cons
upper management
Wireline logging
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
Computalog is no longer in business as it was bought by Precision Drilling, rebranded then sold again in 2004 and is now part of Weatherford. Tools and technology combined with others.
Managers need to change their mentalities,
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2018
Managers care mostly about their positions instead of helping employees to succeed and flourish
During 5 years I had only 1 training course about customer service
Poor work place culture (depending on who is your manager)
No this was not a fun work place
Driver/Rig hand/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2018
Drove to well locations and rig up gripper unit. Had are daily safety Workplace culture was great. the best part if the job was driving to locations and meeting with the rig crew and the doing the job.
steep learning curve
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2018
company is going through a transition right now. some uncertainty in the future of the company and lots of cost cutting going on. as a result, it is a very "make it work" mentality.
Excellent experience
Site Coordinator and Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sindh8 February 2018
I started my career at this company. Excellent management and incentives. I also had potential for job advancement. The colleges were also nice, helping and mentoring. I learned how to accomplish work safely.
Learned a lot.
Q.C. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 February 2018
Good place to work and learn. Some of the people in the management aren't good . Sometimes your experience and performance isn't counted against the people who only provide negative feedback for their benefits.
weatherford
Mechanical/Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  international locations6 February 2018
I had vast responsibilities there as construction supt as well as field service supt. I am in contact with great personnel there and will continue to do so
Pros
lots of responsibility
Cons
Iraq 2010 was not a nice place to be
Keeping employees happy...
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB27 January 2018
When i worked for Weatherford the feeling i had was a professional understanding and safe feeling when i worked with the company making sure that everyone had proper training for each job. Proper safety training as well. The hardest part of the job was installing all the high pressured lines.. and maintain focus during night time making sure all the instruments were working properly. The most enjoyable thing about the job wads traveling to different parts of the country meeting new people.
Productive and great work environment
Team Lead Billings Department (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
The people and environment were awesome,enjoyed my job
meeting deadlines was very demanding but very rewarding when achieved
i would still be there if not for the economical downturn which of course lead to the layoffs, which was my case
I learned how to become a good manager with respect from my staff
Had great repor with the sales and field departments
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
Always perform the best you can and enjoy while working. During peak season, there are lots of Overtime, so take advantage of it. Benefits are great too especially the RRSP company matching.
Weatherford
Operator (Former Employee) –  Canada8 January 2018
They are a run of the mill oilfield employer. Pay is ok. Treatment is ok. Lots of great guys in the company. Everyone makes you feel welcome and valued.
Your just a number
Casing Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 December 2017
Throw you under the bus when its convenient and lay you off when they crunch your number. There pretty much working bankrupt right now as we speak so you will never have secure-meant.
Pros
used to be free lunches
Cons
dont care
typical day
Senior OPe (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 December 2017
Arrive at shop perform pre trip inspection on line truck. Drive to location. Safety meeting. Spot truck perform job rig out return to base. Wash unit.
unstable
Rig Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB20 November 2017
This company seemed okay at first. I was told I would be full time with a schedule. Once I started the hours were very sparse. They didn't have much work, but when it got busy it was ok. Money would have been ok if hours were there.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
unreliable for working hours
Weatherford
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 October 2017
Weatherford is an International company, and that is how it is run. I love the small community that I work in, however the overall direction of the company seems to get lost in translation. That being said, benefits and RRSP contributions are great as well as 3 weeks paid vacation starting.
Disorganized
Field Foreman (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB25 September 2017
Poor management bad work atmosphere. No training provided for new jobs and responsibilities. A complete lack of organisation and direction given by upper management
Dirty, Dangerous, Disorganized
Apprentice mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB20 September 2017
The workshop floor was completely disorganized; equipment was broken or damaged; the shift manager strolled around all day absorbed in his Crackberry. A typical day started at 7:00am with a meeting to assign the day's work. Management were for the most part absent, and so the general attitude was "see no evil, hear no evil". The hardest part of the job was dealing with the horrendous working conditions -- it was a true challenge to NOT get injured. There really was nothing enjoyable about this sweatshop, other than lunch (not provided).
Pros
Coveralls provided (different each day, and usually too big or too small)
Cons
Long hours, heat and mosquitoes, dirty and dangerous shop floor, no respect from fellow workers or managers