We Care Employee Reviews

It is an excellent organization to be a part of.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2017
It was not only a food bank for the needy without the boundaries of race creed or color, it was an excellent platform for sharing the blessing with others. Its resource center was helping professionals get back on track as well
fun, caring and enjoyable
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 November 2017
Performed excellent care in all areas of my residents needs. This includes my residents peri care as well as bathing and feeding, performing hygiene care, lifting the resident in and out of bed. (dependent on their transfer ability) I truly do love my job! I cannot wait to be a practical nurse and make a greater difference!
Pros
get to do what I love
Cons
Clients behaviours can be difficult
Were not helpfull with illness
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 July 2017
I had to take time off to deal with illness. When I was cleared to go back they barely had any hours for me and had me working out of area I was hired for.
Cons
Lack of hours
It was good
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
I enjoyed my time working here there was always alot to do lots to take care of always kept my mind working with problem solving and focusing it has a very welcoming staff i found as well
Helping senior with every day life.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Durham, ON20 June 2017
The hardest part of this job is trying remain emotionally detached form your patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have helped someone stay in their home
Pros
You get to meet lots of intersting people
Cons
All the other people
Not very good admin taff
Health Care Aide | CBI Home Health (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2017
bad schedule for hca.
lot of gaps between patients. you spend an entire day driving all over the place and sometime 2 patients very close in time but far in distance.
Excellent company
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 May 2017
Management are easy going and approachable. Job tasks vary making it a joy to go to work. There is always room to grow and move up within the company.
not a great company
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 May 2017
Did not have the best experience in terms of work life balance. A lot of "Voluntold" type of advancement or job expectations. Company changed for the worst when they where bought out.
They salary the nurses which seems nice but this means they abuse how many patients you have too see. A typical 8hr day included driving over 80km's and seeing up 11 patients. This usually means overtime every day.
Pros
Cons
everything
Dependability
Hospital Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton NB11 May 2017
If hired you will be employing a person willing to grow with your company. A hard worker who knows the value of putting in a good days shift and getting remunerated for the job. Life can be hard and sometimes a chance just ought to be given to an individual trying to help herself and family out.
Poor management
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2017
Working here is a temporary thing. They treat their workers poorly and are very unorganized. The pay is poor for what you have to deal with. Be prepared to work long hours and be paid very little. Many of the workers here are worked hard and are very tired. Management shows preference for certain people and no matter how hard one works, there is little chance for advancement.
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hours, little recognition, poor remuneration
okay
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC1 May 2017
okay work experience, was nice meeting new people
learned new Technics in cleaning all in all was a okay work place
.................................
provided each client personal home support
CSW (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC17 March 2017
Provided individual personal home support to eldery or disabled individuals daily ,always remembering each client 's personal preferences ,safety and privacy .
Pros
Part of a crucial team
Cons
Low wage
experience
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC4 March 2017
good experience its an good eyeopener and I learned a lot enjoyed working there. I would go back to work for them I love to drive and working I peoples homes
Amazing company, horrible salary
PSW (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 February 2017
loved working for we care! very family oriented
salary is not enough to substain yourself to live
very nice management
very nice co-workers
hardest part of job is having to be a maid
best part is to worl with the olderly and caring for them
okay place to work
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
i think the company could use communication work. very friendly people and all care very much about the clients and the family members that are involved in the care plan
Worst job I have ever had
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 January 2017
The problem with this location is the management. Very unsupportive and even talk bad about their own employees. I have never seen such unprofessional managers . Management even lies to their employees and tells them things/ issues that are not even true. Job discriptions change without notice. High stress , fast paced and not appreciated by managers.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Fantastic company to work for!
PSW Homecare Specialist & Part Time CoOrdinator (Current Employee) –  York Region7 December 2016
They really try to keep all your clients grouped into ONE area at a time so you aren't driving all over and wasting half of your day traveling. They focus on care and providing EXCEPTIONAL care for their clients in the PSW's they employ.
They are great at balancing home life and work schedules. Sometimes communication with the office or coordinators is awful, many last minute notice to changes in schedule, or fill ins, and some coordinators are rude and guilt you into taking extra clients. Communication between clients and coordinators is practically non existent for some areas. Client Care Supervisors don't communicate with clients as often as they should for feedback on how PSW's are performing for the clients.
Pros
Great balance of work and home lives.
Cons
VERY long hours some days.
Good place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
• Responsible and have great time management skills
• Flexible and able to work in a team
• Excellent Communication skills
• Very organized and work effectively and well with others
LOve this job great hours pay was good
Client Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB6 November 2016
We care was a great job i loved it hours where good pay was good love that i got to be with people and chat and help them with whatever they need help with being a sitter was a great job i would do it again
Pros
pay was good people i work with where great
Cons
not enough day time hours
Friendly, helpful staff.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  2631 B Douglas St, Victoria BC18 May 2016
A typical day of work is greeting the client, and assisting them with their ADL's. Most live in clients only require a small amount of help: Meal prep, toileting, getting dressed, companionship, medications, housekeeping.
I learned that keeping the mind and body active can be the best way to handle depression and stress that a lot of the clients have.
The management is wonderful. Very open to communication, not a top-down approach.
The co-workers are all great. Happy, positive energy.
Hardest part is dealing with a client that has passed away in your care.
The most enjoyable part is getting a sincere "Thank you" even if it's for getting them something as simple as a glass of water.
Pros
Payday snacks, flexible hours
Cons
Most of the clients are Beacon