We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews for Licensed Practical Nurse

Excellent
LPN (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC15 August 2019
Loved working for the company. The only reason I left was because I moved out of province. Great team Miss the clients and staff I recommend anyone to work for We Care ( CBI )
Good
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2019
Good place to work if you're looking to gain experience. Lots of driving but you definitley get to know all the short cuts in town! They do pay extra for mileage if you're driving out of town. Otherwise if you drive in town it is considered 15 min paid during your scheduled clients but if you're quick on your feet and are good at time managing then it makes up for it :)
Great supportive team
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 January 2019
We care was a great place to work, they value their employees in every way. Management is great and always there when you need them, very understanding.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Fun working with clients in their own home.
Licensed Practical Nurse / Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
Hard to get a schedule. Learned different skills since seeing different clients with different conditions. Enjoyable part is driving around the city. It will improve communication skills.
Great company
Field LPN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
The owners genuinely cared about the work conditions as I needed many adjustments to my work station because of my carpal tunnel syndrome. In the field, I received tremendous support from the supervisors.
Not a great place to work. You are NOT recognized for your hardwork and commitment and get very little if any respec
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
I honestly don't believe there is an "enjoyable" part of this job. They will hire you on the spot and ensure little or no training. We Care will constantly disturb you for visits that do not benefit you at all & will try to impose visits upon you. As a home care company, if you work here, you will LOSE MORE than what you earn.

We Care will constantly call you the morning after a long night shift to pick up visits. This company fails to recognize that you are a human being with your own personal life and expect you to devote not 24, but 25 hours of your day to bend over backwards for them. You are NOT appreciated for your commitment and this company DOES NOT advocate on your behalf. Ever.

This is a BIG waste of your time, not to mention this company recieves LOTS AND LOTS of money but pays it's field staff VERY LITTLE. I can make more if I work part time at a retail job, in which I left my retail job for this one. Big mistake. And the benefits are garbage too.

But the real cherry on top has to be awarded to miscommunication with this company. We Care has multiple coordinators and supervisors who are all apathetic when something benefits you as a field staff. If you rely on someone from this company to forward on something from you, it either won't be done, won't be forwarded to the individual it should be forwarded to, or will backfire on you as you are the problem.

If you need to get a hold of a coordinator or supervisor, GOOD LUCK with that. You can call, leave voicemails, send e mails but YOUR VOICE WILL BE IGNORED. And management is very, very incompetent.
  more... No one will take accountability for their misdoings and will brush it off as nothing happened.

The office staff is also very unprofessional & talk about you behind your back. They will try to interfere with your personal life and treat it as if it should always come last, and We Care should come first. WRONG. VERY WRONG.

The name of this company SHOULD be changed to We Don't Care, which would be a much more accurate name.
Pros
Flexible schedules, but are still harassed to modify it to the supervisors' satisfaction
Cons
Long and dragging hours with minimal pay, disrespect, office staff apathy, everything really