We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Assisted clients to back to normal life
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2019
Drove a lot.
Up early and back home late. Lot of free time in between.
Shifts kept changing depends on the clients' improvement.
Clients were appreciated your works.
Pros
Run errant when no shift
Cons
Need a well-equipped car
The company operates all over Canada
Assist bathing, Respite Palliative Patients (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2018
The company is very stable who takes care of people with chronic illnesses and people with disabilities. Plenty of room to get ahead and be promoted because they allow their staff to go to school
Pros
Recognition every month who has no absenteeism
Cons
Always get ready to be called to work
new mgmt ruined a great caring team of amazing employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2018
bad management, uncaring office staff, zero attention to the care of the clients. not following up with urgent matters or any phone calls on office staff phones.. unorganized, training of new office staff is next to none.
it was so much better before CBI came in a let go 3/4 of the office staff.
for no reason. UPPER SENIOR MGMT DONT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE. ONLY MONEY.

the best of the best is gone and the idiots hired to replace are useless.

zero appreciation.
Productive and friendly work environment
Nursing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
My experience was good with we care. The pay rate was good, I appreciated how much the agency cared for the staff and the individual's safety. I enjoyed working one on one with special needs children and the elderly in their homes.
Pros
staff meetings and advancement training
Cons
they had very few locations, only accessible on a certain part of the city
not a fun workplace
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2017
They don't keep up with clients time
Not bad
Not beening able to communicate with the time
To visite your client
But some of the rn/lpn and the supervisor are good
Cons
Heavy work load, many changes in management, very little support.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2017
Was a great company to work for until changes were implemented earlier this year. Very stressful work environment. I would not consider working in this office again.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Great company
Field LPN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
The owners genuinely cared about the work conditions as I needed many adjustments to my work station because of my carpal tunnel syndrome. In the field, I received tremendous support from the supervisors.
Love to work with seniors, but not with the scheduler.
field staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
Don't have enough hours. They don't know how to retain good workers, keep on hiring new staffs, but ignoring old staffs. Hard to deal with the scheduler.
fexiable
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
its a little anixtey filled but other than that i love helping people. its great if your going to school because they never bug you to work on days you have off
Pros
free gloves
Cons
no benefits for under 30 hours a week
Not a great place to work. You are NOT recognized for your hardwork and commitment and get very little if any respec
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
I honestly don't believe there is an "enjoyable" part of this job. They will hire you on the spot and ensure little or no training. We Care will constantly disturb you for visits that do not benefit you at all & will try to impose visits upon you. As a home care company, if you work here, you will LOSE MORE than what you earn.

We Care will constantly call you the morning after a long night shift to pick up visits. This company fails to recognize that you are a human being with your own personal life and expect you to devote not 24, but 25 hours of your day to bend over backwards for them. You are NOT appreciated for your commitment and this company DOES NOT advocate on your behalf. Ever.

This is a BIG waste of your time, not to mention this company recieves LOTS AND LOTS of money but pays it's field staff VERY LITTLE. I can make more if I work part time at a retail job, in which I left my retail job for this one. Big mistake. And the benefits are garbage too.

But the real cherry on top has to be awarded to miscommunication with this company. We Care has multiple coordinators and supervisors who are all apathetic when something benefits you as a field staff. If you rely on someone from this company to forward on something from you, it either won't be done, won't be forwarded to the individual it should be forwarded to, or will backfire on you as you are the problem.

If you need to get a hold of a coordinator or supervisor, GOOD LUCK with that. You can call, leave voicemails, send e mails but YOUR VOICE WILL BE IGNORED. And management is very, very incompetent.
  more... No one will take accountability for their misdoings and will brush it off as nothing happened.

The office staff is also very unprofessional & talk about you behind your back. They will try to interfere with your personal life and treat it as if it should always come last, and We Care should come first. WRONG. VERY WRONG.

The name of this company SHOULD be changed to We Don't Care, which would be a much more accurate name.
Pros
Flexible schedules, but are still harassed to modify it to the supervisors' satisfaction
Cons
Long and dragging hours with minimal pay, disrespect, office staff apathy, everything really
Typical day
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  We Care Edmonton5 April 2017
In a typical day, we have several calls coming in all at the same time. Each of us could have 2 or sometimes 3 line on-going and conversations at one time. From staff being angry about client or client family behavior or concern of health. Or client call that their staff is 3 min late, or time was changed on the week, and staff running late.
At this point it a min assessment of the issues at hand and transferring to the supporting staff whether it be Hr or area Nurse.
We are always busy and actively supporting each other as needed, to fill a shift to speak with a staff to forward off an update schedule or to walk staff down to speak with the area Nurse.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
sometime not enough office staff (LONG WEEKEND)
Horrible place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
Management did not take concerns seriously from both staff or clients. We care does NOT care about performing any sincere services.

Terrible place to work
Pros
Cons
bad work environment, management doesn't care and clients suffer the most
great place to work
Health Care Aide/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab22 November 2014
Communications with clients, case managers, HCA, coordinators, Field supervisors.
Personal care on clients
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
low wage
Horrible management!!!!! Awesome and great clients
HCA (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB15 October 2014
This company is very unorganized, no travel time from client to client. Treated poorly by supervisors No positive reinforcement NONE!! disciplined on hear say only! not on facts. Favouritism of staff. Long shifts. Still no positive reinforcement. Schedulers Would work you 24/7 if allowed. If you say No or clock out, they cut hours. Company works for the money alone and not for the clients. Many clients call company We DONT Care.
I believe the supervisors LPN'S couldn't get work anywhere else, because their personalities are poor as they have no compassion and do not care about their staff or clients
Pros
Cons
Extremely long field shifts/ terrible case supervisors
fun
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2014
it was a great company to work for, staff were very understanding to my needs as a health care aide