We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Canada140 reviews
I found the travel time/distance demands unreasonable. Attitude from front office staff when having to cancel clients due to inclement weather, such as snow, traffic accidents; complete lack of care/understanding re sq footage of home/work required/time allotment; unwillingness to assign work based upon experience/training. The wear-and-tear on one's personal vehicle and cost of fuel far exceed the "rewarding salary" of $13.00/hr. Shifts randomly handed out/taken away, no explanation/reason, depending upon front office staff.

The only enjoyment in this work environment - my clients. I had a large, loyal following who quite often would ask specifically for me and would settle for no-one else.
Too hard on vehicles especially winter time. Reimbursement for fuel and other costs associated with the job only came at tax time. Poor benefit package. Poor scheduling of visits.
we care(CBI) not doing enough to protect us from cobin 19.. A Christmas bonus would be nice because we work hard out there, Or maybe a better Christmas party. Not just a meal in November and all the childless games they play.
It's a fun place to work at and i gained some experience there. I met new people, both clients and co worker. I learnt how to swim because i took clients for swimming.
I had worked for CBI years ago, currently CBI owns We Care. CBI has a union and pays out per km for clients. We Care doesn't do any of this. Be prepared that once your hired you will not have work for at least 2wks. If your promised full time work dont hold your breath. In your interview make sure the hours you give them will not change. They wont help you when you find out that you need to pick up a part time job to cover what they empty promised you.
Home Care and Hospital assistance. They are great about taking into consideration casual work schedules means you have another job to work around. This is an essential service that can be offered to a variety of at need clients may have. we travel to instructed locations with care plans, and at our own expense, and provide the best care possible, as well as write up observations of the visit to be reported Sundays in order to qualify for Payroll.
Great place to work, but zero growth in all perspectives. This is the best place to start a career with and there is big shortage of employees Which causes increased work load to some extent.
Pros
Great organization with frequent changes of coordinators
Cons
Less wages
not many hours given. lot of gaps in work schedule without pay.
client from 8-9 9-10 big gap 10-1 without pay and start again 1-2.

Great for a starter nurse but not many hours given or pay increase
Competitive, we need coaching by our partner or reliever for a certain client. Team work is needed.
Mistakes done by a new HSW for the first time must be given a warning, immediately the supervisor did not give a chance(personal experience).
Problem-solving skills improved, reaction to emergency (keeping cool head) improved.

Hardest part was no support within the client’s home. Problems had to be handled by workers.

Enjoyed learning and speaking with the client based on their interests.
The staff at WeCare are unreliable & disorganized. Never answered calls or return calls barely. Also not professional at all. Have no idea about care for our clients we do - poor communication with staff & clients. I was always getting complaints about the office. I loved going to my clients to care for them but didnt like working for Wecare.
No comment at this time about we care home healthcare and I still work there at we care home healthcare as a personal support Worker bye for now and thanks
Not well managed beyond site level. No support to site from senior managers. Great staff but high turnover and long long hours! On call a very interesting experience.
I worked at we care for nearly 5 years got only one 1.00 raise like every other staff. I took a leave of absence and they pretended not to receive my doctors note and fired me. I worked faithfully and was very loyal to we care. All the good workers got fired and they hired lousy employees in the office now you can rarely get a live person on the phone. I felt very alone and never respected for my skills and dedication
I had no issues with WeCare and my typical day was client-based care. I learned a lot about interpersonal relationships and time management. I would recommend WeCare to others.
They take forever to even get clients for you . There is no reason to fill out your available times cause they dont follow it. Zero communication skills from management teams.
You get paid better and actual benfits working at macdonalds then working here
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, management, scheduling
I love working with we care. This company enhanced my knowledge and skills in caring for elders and people in need of care. I became more compassionate with what I do. Being a nurse, caring is my first love.
Loved working for the company. The only reason I left was because I moved out of province. Great team Miss the clients and staff I recommend anyone to work for We Care ( CBI )
No travel time and pay for travel time. Management is good and company salary is not enough coz a lot of travel, specially in winter time. Staff treats us well.
Good place to work if you're looking to gain experience. Lots of driving but you definitley get to know all the short cuts in town! They do pay extra for mileage if you're driving out of town. Otherwise if you drive in town it is considered 15 min paid during your scheduled clients but if you're quick on your feet and are good at time managing then it makes up for it :)
I learnt alot working here. It allowed to professionally grow as a RPN. Also, I loved the fact that my schedule was built based on my availability.

Management was good. However I was not getting enough hours sometimes.