We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Great supportive team
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 January 2019
We care was a great place to work, they value their employees in every way. Management is great and always there when you need them, very understanding.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
new mgmt ruined a great caring team of amazing employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2018
bad management, uncaring office staff, zero attention to the care of the clients. not following up with urgent matters or any phone calls on office staff phones.. unorganized, training of new office staff is next to none.
it was so much better before CBI came in a let go 3/4 of the office staff.
for no reason. UPPER SENIOR MGMT DONT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE. ONLY MONEY.

the best of the best is gone and the idiots hired to replace are useless.

zero appreciation.
All about customer,
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
No consideration for employees, While the company claims to care about people that only proves true when they are being paid not when they pay employees,No appreciation towards staff.
Pros
salary would be acceptable if not for the level of stress and demand
Cons
Mentally and physically stressfull
Unprofessional management, gets involved with workers personal life, and much more
Caregtiver (Former Employee) –  British Columbia16 June 2018
Worst scheduling, Be prepared to work only a few hours per day, usually all spread out,.
Management sending you out to houses that do not have proper transfer equipment, expecting you to work anyways. Working in areas you are not trained in and them saying, "Oh we will just show you how."
Management/the office ignores calls and emails.
Management telling lies about you to other people who work there and starting unnecessary drama.
Pros
Not a single one
great clients, poor scheduling
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 June 2018
most clients were wonderful, but staff cordinators were not. They did not take in to consideration how long it takes to get from one location to the next, if you needed any amount of time off that was more then a couple days you could pretty much forget about it. no breaks, no time to travel, hard to get a day off.
Pros
okay hourly rate
Cons
long hours, poor scheduling
The company operates all over Canada
Assist bathing, Respite Palliative Patients (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2018
The company is very stable who takes care of people with chronic illnesses and people with disabilities. Plenty of room to get ahead and be promoted because they allow their staff to go to school
Pros
Recognition every month who has no absenteeism
Cons
Always get ready to be called to work
Productive and friendly work environment
Nursing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
My experience was good with we care. The pay rate was good, I appreciated how much the agency cared for the staff and the individual's safety. I enjoyed working one on one with special needs children and the elderly in their homes.
Pros
staff meetings and advancement training
Cons
they had very few locations, only accessible on a certain part of the city
We Care was great - but it's now CBI
Client Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 December 2017
When I worked for We Care, the culture was open, friendly, caring and consistent.
Once CBI took over, their morals, ethics, standards became questionable and upper management took an "I don't care attitude", its all about making money, not caring for their office staff/nurses and the hostile/bullying atmosphere that has made an incredibly high staff turnover, and a large amount of "stress leaves" due to incompetent management and HR!
Cons
HR not acknowleging harrassing/bullying atmosphere and not dealing with the culprits
Once a great company. Now no longer.
Field staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2018
This company is now owned by CBI Home Health. Please read the reviews on that site before you consider applying for any job here. They’re heartless and uncaring.
Very unprofessional management
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2018
Coordinators and supervisors have zero regard for confidentiality and are mostly just talking behind your back with fellow colleagues.
Too much favouritism and if you’re not an a** kisser you go nowhere and so called a** kissers get away with anything and everything and are mostly the laziest on the job
They take it personally when you’re not able to go for a shift they randomly call you for despite not even having a chance to breath from all the hours you’ve been working back to back
Overtime pay is a myth and sick days as well
You get blame for not reporting something when you did but it was just another lousy coordinators fault for not doing their job and guess what, blame will be on you
All in all, lousy management but I got to work with some of the most amazing seniors
Pros
Seniors
Cons
Lousy management
it was not for me
Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  leduc5 September 2018
I was not strong enough to work in the health care field I was very emotional and seen a lot of stuff doing it I did get fulfillment knowing I helped others but I was too emotional
Terrible management - no work/life balance
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2017
Constantly had to work over time (10 hours a day) and most weekends to keep up with the amount of work load. Was expected to do the job of 4 people. I was left alone in the office for days at a time answering a multi phone system and work cell phones. When someone called in sick in the office I was expected to pick up their slack and do my job effectively and efficiently with no hiccups. Called in sick once in the entire year and felt like I was shamed for it for a week.
Management didnt listen to my concerns and then made me feel like I was making everything up because they were never there to actually see what was going on or how the office was being run. They would hire any caregiver that walked off the street. They fired 4 essential office staff in the year I was there and expecting me to pick up the slack while they tired to hire more office goons. No support. Always left alone and never any help. Also I was expected to train the new office staff instead of the manager. Then they asked me to train the manager. Will never go back to this place anywhere in Canada!
Pros
The clients.
Cons
Long hours, way too much work for one person. Horrible management.
Home Care
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
A typical day was taking care of Clients, I learned every day each client was unique, Management was always ready to help , hardest part of the job was making sure clients received the help they needed. and the most enjoyable part was when you walk in the room and the client was happy to see you.
satisfactory work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2017
Great team ...Management care deeply for their clients and employees
refresher course are given and paid for by the company which is a big plus.
.if for any reason you or a client is not please they find a replacement without pressuring you
working for the company has also provided opportunities .
.I am please to be working for We Care and would definitely recommend We Care Home Health Services
Pros
More experience ..
Cons
Not enough long hours
Really fun enviornment of staff and clients
Lead Staff (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 January 2018
I learned how to manage a household and multitask really well, understand and also became a leader that staff and management looked up too and spoke highly of. I do whatever is needed to benefit the company.
Pros
Made our own food
Cons
would consist of 15 hour days
I think the management of Wecare are killing the company
Infusions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB3 May 2017
I love working closely with patients and building a rapport of trust and caring with them and their families. You can't do that with this company. The budget is so tight, the pay so low, the staff support so poor if any. Most staff are daily afraid of being fired since the new management turnover. The staff do their best and the patient seem content, but nobody feels assured that their position is stable.
Pros
able to build relationships with patients
Cons
staff hate the Management and feel threatened and intimidated
Unclear policies sometimes but good support and teaching from the agency
Companion/Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2018
Company policies were unclear (ie you can't accept anything (food, coffee, gifts) from a client but at Christmas something for under $10 was OK). Yet, at any other time if a client wanted to have a cup of coffee with you (much less than $10), you had to say no as a worker. If the client was a private client you could accept a gift.)
I believe this is how it was, but at the time it seemed that the lines were unclear. And strange.
Pros
clients needs are matched to the skills of the workers, good support and teaching from the agency or managers
Cons
had to sometimes travel from one client to another in a short span of time, at a further distance
The best place to work for
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 October 2017
The best company to work for, excellent stuff, benefits, if you really want to work you will have lots of hours. Management very understanding clients very nice and kind I am proud to be part of this company.
Pros
Benefits flexible hours
Cons
Zero
Productive, job oppurtunities
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 August 2016
A typical day at work was when I met my first Resident, and that was my first day at work in Canada as a Health Care Aide. The client appreciated my services to her. At the end of my shift with her, she offered me money, but I refused because it was against our job ethics. As I Left, she called my office to complain about my refusal to take money. She further told the office that the kind of services I rendered to her worth compensation. My office was happy at that, and called me to the office to show appreciation.

From that incident, I learnt it is always good to put in your best at work to make your Clients/Residents happy.

Management is perfect. They appreciate staff dedications at work..

Good team co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is driving from home to home to render care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when Clients recommends hard workers to the Employers.
Pros
Good recommendations
Cons
Driving, especially, during winter
Productive Workplace
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 October 2017
Flexible scheduling, positive work culture, Training & Development-Focused.
As social beings, we naturally seek support from our peers and seek to belong to a group. Come tough times, the team should come together to deal with whatever problems are out there. This is where a sense of unity is evoked in the team and employees will no longer just feel that they’re working for themselves. They are now working towards something bigger than themselves, and as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Care Home Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.