We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Home health Care
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 May 2018
Home health care, providing several types of service to allow an individual to remain independent within their home and community. Opportunities to advance in this organization as a whole,
poorly managed
PSW (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON28 February 2018
great clients to work with each da, did not like the way it was run. loved working in community, but left this job because of how I was treated as a psw.
Home Care
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
A typical day was taking care of Clients, I learned every day each client was unique, Management was always ready to help , hardest part of the job was making sure clients received the help they needed. and the most enjoyable part was when you walk in the room and the client was happy to see you.
Really fun enviornment of staff and clients
Lead Staff (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 January 2018
I learned how to manage a household and multitask really well, understand and also became a leader that staff and management looked up too and spoke highly of. I do whatever is needed to benefit the company.
Pros
Made our own food
Cons
would consist of 15 hour days
Unclear policies sometimes but good support and teaching from the agency
Companion/Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2018
Company policies were unclear (ie you can't accept anything (food, coffee, gifts) from a client but at Christmas something for under $10 was OK). Yet, at any other time if a client wanted to have a cup of coffee with you (much less than $10), you had to say no as a worker. If the client was a private client you could accept a gift.)
I believe this is how it was, but at the time it seemed that the lines were unclear. And strange.
Pros
clients needs are matched to the skills of the workers, good support and teaching from the agency or managers
Cons
had to sometimes travel from one client to another in a short span of time, at a further distance
Very unprofessional management
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2018
Coordinators and supervisors have zero regard for confidentiality and are mostly just talking behind your back with fellow colleagues.
Too much favouritism and if you’re not an a** kisser you go nowhere and so called a** kissers get away with anything and everything and are mostly the laziest on the job
They take it personally when you’re not able to go for a shift they randomly call you for despite not even having a chance to breath from all the hours you’ve been working back to back
Overtime pay is a myth and sick days as well
You get blame for not reporting something when you did but it was just another lousy coordinators fault for not doing their job and guess what, blame will be on you
All in all, lousy management but I got to work with some of the most amazing seniors
Pros
Seniors
Cons
Lousy management
variety
Housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 December 2017
enjoyed working with seniors and hours were flexible. wage was not to bad, also union job . was able to work alone. paid bi weekly. ok

different clients every day, no traveling expenses, out of town
We Care was great - but it's now CBI
Client Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 December 2017
When I worked for We Care, the culture was open, friendly, caring and consistent.
Once CBI took over, their morals, ethics, standards became questionable and upper management took an "I don't care attitude", its all about making money, not caring for their office staff/nurses and the hostile/bullying atmosphere that has made an incredibly high staff turnover, and a large amount of "stress leaves" due to incompetent management and HR!
Cons
HR not acknowleging harrassing/bullying atmosphere and not dealing with the culprits
Home Support
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC26 November 2017
Too much job overlap times, unprofessional management and staff when dealing with personnel issues. Underpaid and overworked. Scheduling not good at all.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid
not a fun workplace
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2017
They don't keep up with clients time
Not bad
Not beening able to communicate with the time
To visite your client
But some of the rn/lpn and the supervisor are good
Productive Workplace
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 October 2017
Flexible scheduling, positive work culture, Training & Development-Focused.
As social beings, we naturally seek support from our peers and seek to belong to a group. Come tough times, the team should come together to deal with whatever problems are out there. This is where a sense of unity is evoked in the team and employees will no longer just feel that they’re working for themselves. They are now working towards something bigger than themselves, and as a team.
Fun working with clients in their own home.
Licensed Practical Nurse / Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
Hard to get a schedule. Learned different skills since seeing different clients with different conditions. Enjoyable part is driving around the city. It will improve communication skills.
The best place to work for
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 October 2017
The best company to work for, excellent stuff, benefits, if you really want to work you will have lots of hours. Management very understanding clients very nice and kind I am proud to be part of this company.
Pros
Benefits flexible hours
Cons
Zero
good job
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC29 September 2017
Open store, count float in till, put away any clothes in changing room, open store, make sure dressing rooms are clean. If any new stock, unpack boxes, do inventory and put it out to sell.
Pros
worked with a close friend
Cons
low pay
Dont bother
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON22 September 2017
I worked with company for almost 1yr. And it started off good just like and company.. And down hill after that, would play around with your schedule, avoid your calls, short on travel pay hours. Pretty much sums up we care
Pros
Travel pay
Cons
Not organized, rude staff
satisfactory work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2017
Great team ...Management care deeply for their clients and employees
refresher course are given and paid for by the company which is a big plus.
.if for any reason you or a client is not please they find a replacement without pressuring you
working for the company has also provided opportunities .
.I am please to be working for We Care and would definitely recommend We Care Home Health Services
Pros
More experience ..
Cons
Not enough long hours
We Care was a great place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 September 2017
We Care Care have me the chance to do alot of different things and learn alot about health care.I took the home aide course through them.I only left because the lady I was taking care of died.
Pros
I could pick who i wished to look after.
Cons
She started trying to send me to to many different places.
Heavy work load, many changes in management, very little support.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2017
Was a great company to work for until changes were implemented earlier this year. Very stressful work environment. I would not consider working in this office again.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Staff are very helpful, management is very considerate
preposee aux beneficiaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 July 2017
It's a humbling experience to be able to become a part of the team. The management takes care of their employees concerns. They always provide the needs of their employees that concerns work.
Pros
Very accomodating with their employees concern
Cons
Sometimes employees cannot get regular shifts
Enjoyable workplace
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 July 2017
I had to leave due to medical issues. I have now been cleared for work and would like to get back full time. My job was not available to extent i needed it to be when battling my medical issues ended
Cons
A lot of driving clients were sometimes 1 to 2 hours apart

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Care Home Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.