We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Assisted clients to back to normal life
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2019
Drove a lot.
Up early and back home late. Lot of free time in between.
Shifts kept changing depends on the clients' improvement.
Clients were appreciated your works.
Pros
Run errant when no shift
Cons
Need a well-equipped car
Cca
CCA (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 March 2019
We Care Home Health Services, is a great company I loved my job there in Halifax, the pay was amazing most of the staff was amazing, the only beef I have with is the manager, I got injured on the job had a very large man fall on me, that was legally suppose to have a electronic lift, because he could not walk or stand, I was sent there by my self and I had to try and hold him from hitting the floor and calling his wife to come home to help me get back into his bed. I ripped my Rotator cuff in 2013 and here is 2019 I still cant use my arm and we care lied to the workers comp board and said it was all a lye, and I got denied treatment. That's what happens when you work for them.
Pros
everything
Cons
managment
The patients I worked with were great
LPN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
Can't really review other staff members as this is home care. not enough hours and poor pay for length of time needing to travel to patients, get sent half way across the city for a 5-10 min job, then have no clients for hours.
WeCare
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 January 2019
Typical day:

under staffed, under paid.

Management:

One sided - plays favourites.

Workplace Culture:

The people I worked with were great, and able to work as a team.
They play favoritism and the wages are the lowest
RCA (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC25 January 2019
Please do not bother with this company. they play favorites. the wages are the lowest in the industry and if you agree to work for their terrible wages they will put you to work. Starting in one location and going 50 km to another location. You will never know what your wages are.
Pros
Cons
favoritism, no hours unless you agree to the lowest wages, management is never the same and unable to meet management
Great supportive team
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 January 2019
We care was a great place to work, they value their employees in every way. Management is great and always there when you need them, very understanding.
Pros
Great pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2019
Overall great place to work for the following reasons:
1. Competitive salaries
2. Flexible work hours
3. Team atmosphere
4. Great support when on the road
5, Always training opportunities.
Once a great company. Now no longer.
Field staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2018
This company is now owned by CBI Home Health. Please read the reviews on that site before you consider applying for any job here. They’re heartless and uncaring.
Cons
The company operates all over Canada
Assist bathing, Respite Palliative Patients (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2018
The company is very stable who takes care of people with chronic illnesses and people with disabilities. Plenty of room to get ahead and be promoted because they allow their staff to go to school
Pros
Recognition every month who has no absenteeism
Cons
Always get ready to be called to work
new mgmt ruined a great caring team of amazing employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2018
bad management, uncaring office staff, zero attention to the care of the clients. not following up with urgent matters or any phone calls on office staff phones.. unorganized, training of new office staff is next to none.
it was so much better before CBI came in a let go 3/4 of the office staff.
for no reason. UPPER SENIOR MGMT DONT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE. ONLY MONEY.

the best of the best is gone and the idiots hired to replace are useless.

zero appreciation.
it was not for me
Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  leduc5 September 2018
I was not strong enough to work in the health care field I was very emotional and seen a lot of stuff doing it I did get fulfillment knowing I helped others but I was too emotional
All about customer,
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
No consideration for employees, While the company claims to care about people that only proves true when they are being paid not when they pay employees,No appreciation towards staff.
Pros
salary would be acceptable if not for the level of stress and demand
Cons
Mentally and physically stressfull
Unprofessional management, gets involved with workers personal life, and much more
Caregtiver (Former Employee) –  British Columbia16 June 2018
Worst scheduling, Be prepared to work only a few hours per day, usually all spread out,.
Management sending you out to houses that do not have proper transfer equipment, expecting you to work anyways. Working in areas you are not trained in and them saying, "Oh we will just show you how."
Management/the office ignores calls and emails.
Management telling lies about you to other people who work there and starting unnecessary drama.
Pros
Not a single one
great clients, poor scheduling
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 June 2018
most clients were wonderful, but staff cordinators were not. They did not take in to consideration how long it takes to get from one location to the next, if you needed any amount of time off that was more then a couple days you could pretty much forget about it. no breaks, no time to travel, hard to get a day off.
Pros
okay hourly rate
Cons
long hours, poor scheduling
Productive and friendly work environment
Nursing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
My experience was good with we care. The pay rate was good, I appreciated how much the agency cared for the staff and the individual's safety. I enjoyed working one on one with special needs children and the elderly in their homes.
Pros
staff meetings and advancement training
Cons
they had very few locations, only accessible on a certain part of the city
Home health Care
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 May 2018
Home health care, providing several types of service to allow an individual to remain independent within their home and community. Opportunities to advance in this organization as a whole,
poorly managed
PSW (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON28 February 2018
great clients to work with each da, did not like the way it was run. loved working in community, but left this job because of how I was treated as a psw.
Home Care
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
A typical day was taking care of Clients, I learned every day each client was unique, Management was always ready to help , hardest part of the job was making sure clients received the help they needed. and the most enjoyable part was when you walk in the room and the client was happy to see you.
Really fun enviornment of staff and clients
Lead Staff (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 January 2018
I learned how to manage a household and multitask really well, understand and also became a leader that staff and management looked up too and spoke highly of. I do whatever is needed to benefit the company.
Pros
Made our own food
Cons
would consist of 15 hour days
Unclear policies sometimes but good support and teaching from the agency
Companion/Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2018
Company policies were unclear (ie you can't accept anything (food, coffee, gifts) from a client but at Christmas something for under $10 was OK). Yet, at any other time if a client wanted to have a cup of coffee with you (much less than $10), you had to say no as a worker. If the client was a private client you could accept a gift.)
I believe this is how it was, but at the time it seemed that the lines were unclear. And strange.
Pros
clients needs are matched to the skills of the workers, good support and teaching from the agency or managers
Cons
had to sometimes travel from one client to another in a short span of time, at a further distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Care Home Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.