Waycon Manufacturing Ltd. Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work, staw far away from Waycon!
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC2 May 2019
I worked at Waycon for almost a year as a fabricator, there's some great people there but management is the worst I've ever seen. They are in it for themselves only. You will never advance past your way below average starting wage and there is absolutely no perks or bonuses for working here.

Save yourself the headache
Pros
You live in the Okanagan
Cons
Greasy management
can we just take a minute to notice the only positive reviews are from management..interesting?!
employee (Current Employee) –  floor28 April 2019
this is not a fair or fun place to work, true there is many very talented employees on the floor, but they will never be recognized as so, despite how much we do or how hard we work, there is no appreciation, there is no raises,bonuses or perks of any kind.

the basic benefit plan is just that, the very basic and covers only a couple hundred dollars of annual reimbursements and only covers basic "generic brand" everything. this was enacted as a "save money on the backs of our employees" scheme,as we used to have an incredible benefit package prior to this change

The management seems to be clueless to everything that happens in the shop and what it takes to get the job done correctly, but are sure they're always right,and will seldom see reason or be willing to make changes or simply communicate..because of pride..?! This is a 3 part management team,and honest to God, that's also the number of years in management between the three of them and it blatantly shows. Everything is about saving a dime at the expense of the employees, be it by changing tje benefit package,not properly paying vacation pay percentages
(an illegal offence) ,vac pay on stat holidays,fudging your overtime hours,cheap tool replacement and my favorite of slowly dampering our coffee breaks down from 15 min to 12 min to 10 min and further explaining that these breaks are a luxury and they are not obligated to provide more than the half hour unpaid lunch outlined by the employment act. so we should be thankful

We receive drawings that are incomplete or all together wrong and come down on you and belittle
  more... you for not knowing better. Mistakes are a rampant daily occurrence and almost nothing leaves on its deadline...and that's your fault.there is no foresight at all,it's the blind leading the 20/20 ,and its incredibly infuriating. In the past this has led to a temporary 15% Reduction In Pay,and though it was in fact repaid to employees a time later, it's a glimpse into who you're looking at as an employer.

"new management" has managed to chase away many key long term employees in their ignorance over the last few years and are constantly in hot water with their customers,and all of this together makes for an interesting shop atmosphere with little to no morale.

there is however some unique jobs and work all around in all departments that are pretty interesting and challenging,and that may be the only "perk"

I would personally recommend you not waste your talent and potential in this thankless gong show of an operation as over the many years ive been here nothing has changed or even been faced in a positive direction, I feel like I'm just waiting for the day we show up an the doors are locked for good
Pros
entertainment via the decision processes of management
Cons
awful management, in office and on floor
Working at Waycon is a great job !!
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC6 April 2019
I've been at Waycon almost a year. I love this job. The hours are good. The pay is good. The workers are nice and friendly. Management is always smiling and happy towards me. I hope to be working here a long time .
Pros
The people here are awesome to work with. It's a fun and happy place :)
Welder (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC4 April 2019
Good projects
Good crew
Good hours
Pay / benefits fair
Steady work year round / no lay offs
Management care / look after employees
Safety important
Work / life balance good
Pros
Good hours, benefits, steady work
Cons
Communication can be improved
Great in town business with quality products
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC29 March 2019
Having done many years of work away from home I have found a good balance of working hard for a decent wage and being home every night with my family. The variety of projects that come through the door keep things interesting and steer the mind away from the monotony of some other manufacturing facilities. The family based management seems to be working hard to accommodate a variety of new projects and to take care of the many employees.
Waycon is a great and fair place to work. Awesome crew of talented people, we manufacture high quality and diversified projects.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC26 March 2019
Our people are very important.

Safety is important.

Feedback from our people is important.

There has been a lot of positive change in the last few years. Looking forward to seeing more positive improvements.

A lot of machinery and equipment, this year we got a new brake press and Haas CNC machine.

We manufacture high quality industrial parts, machinery and equipment and see a lot of opportunity for the future.

We’re diversified in the types of projects we work on – logging equipment, sawmill equipment, food processing equipment.

The job brings a lot of job security year-round, hours are good, and the company are flexible when time off is needed.

Looking forward to a bright future at Waycon.
Pros
A lot of opportunity, fair and work on exciting diversified projects.
Room for improvement
Fabricator/Welder (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC5 March 2019
Shipping recieving (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC4 February 2019
Big potential
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC2 August 2016
A lot of potential in this company, but total chaotic management. Many very knowledgeable employees working there. Nothing more to say
Not well managed
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC3 August 2015
Not well managed, Blue prints incomplete or incorrect, unrealistic deadlines, poor methods and procedures, no raises, no compliments on a job well done.
Pros
Living in the Okanagan
Cons
Not well managed
Nice people to work with
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC13 July 2015
Floor and manufacturing good, senior management absolute horrible.
There are not willing to make changes what is required for the future.
Pros
potenticial
Cons
no changes to make are aloud
Designer (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC12 December 2013

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waycon Manufacturing Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5