WAXON WAXBAR

WAXON WAXBAR Employee Reviews

Don’t waste your time here

I dealt with a lot of discrimination working here. At the beginning of 2020 the owner was backing up a manager that said a racial slur in the work place For months the owner was defending the use of the slur and backed up the manager until she left on her own terms. I had to end up leaving because of a lot of unequal and unfair treatment from the owner

Cons

Unequal treatment amongst employees

Waxon Culture: Not what they Claim it is

I don't like posting negative reviews but this place deserves 1000. If you're looking for a minimum wage job, retail is less stressful than this. We were worked 8-12 hours without a break, not given pay stubs consistently, had rules and standards changed without notification, and management made it impossible to achieve bonuses and rewards. Every shift you wonder if you might get fired because of the reactive boss. Management claims you can bring issues to them then retaliates when you speak up. I never got to sign a contract or any performance review documents and therefore had no clear expectations of what I needed to do ro work on. This job will give you anxiety if you don't already have it. Overall a very negative environment and I would tell anyone to stay away.

Pros

The job isn't too hard

Nonstrategic, unfocused, disingenuous management

The team was the most disorganized and unfocused I have ever worked with. There was no strategic vision or any type of plan (annual or long-term (i.e. 5-year plan)) shared by leadership and there was a feeling of constant uncertainty and chaos. Communication was extremely poor and overall, any kind of leadership was severely lacking. After 7 years, the business should be tighter but it is run like an early, bare-bones start-up, without necessary resources or planning. The amount of business critical information kept from franchise partners is alarming. The culture was overwhelmingly hypocritical: the leadership is very unprofessional, disingenuous and have no idea what they're doing from one day to the next, there was no 'team' or 'family' and any advertising of 'empowering women' was completely false. I would never encourage my network to work here or be serviced at their locations.

Great Company

I love working for Waxon. Compared to competitors I have worked for they are very organized and supportive. Waxon has amazing benefits, bonuses and contests/ incentives. There is room to advance in the company as Waxon continues to grow. Corporate is continuously evolving their policies to ensure they have the best systems in place. Deffinitely recommend.

Absolutely fantastic company to work for

Absolutely fabulous place to work! Amazing, positive, fun environment filled with wonderful people! I love everything about WAXON and would definitely recommend to anyone!

Amazing Work Environment

This is honestly the best company I have EVER worked for. It has flexible hours, offers AMAZING benefits/ incentives/ perks. The employees and HQ team are unreal and truly listen when you have an issue or an idea. It is like a home away from home, I love my WAXON girls! Highly recommend and encourage WAXON as a place of work!

Pros

Monthly bonuses, Monthly incentives, Benefits, Flexible hours, Contests/ Prizes for employees . Room for advancement in the company

Great Waxbar Job!

Love working at WAXON! Flexible hours, great pay, great environment and amazing staff / clients. Would recommend a job at WAXON to anyone. They really care about their staff and are invested in professional development.

Pros

commission, compensation structure

Terrible Environment

i never write reviews but this place really deserves one. ive never worked somewhere so toxic where people are so unhappy before in my life. The bad review under me is so true, there are so many other spas in the city you could work for, don't bother with this one. Catty environment and people especially the managers

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WAXON WAXBAR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement
  • WAXON WAXBAR
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?