Wawanesa Insurance

Wawanesa Insurance Employee Reviews for Adjuster

Adjuster9 reviews
Canada9 reviews

insurancesalarypersonalculturebalancetrainingcareerbenefit

Good place to work with great people

I learned all of my insurance experience at Wawanesa, so I'm thankful to them for that. The company was very good to their employees and made a lot of friends that I still see.

Claims department lacked leadership

Things have hopefully changed; the company as a whole seemed to be run like a “mom and pop” shop as opposed to a medium sized, multinational insurance company. Claims department was turned over to an ineffective and inept team of transplants from another insurer and it quickly became apparent why that company had cut them loose - the department became toxic. Subsequent horribe engagement surveys were likely why most were removed or shuffled off to different departments.

Pros

Great benefits, pay and pension.

Cons

(At the time) poor leadership, toxic work environment, long hours, no backup - you’re on your own.

Insights into Wawanesa Insurance

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

Terrible employer

- No training - Old-school mentality/ micromanagement - No life-work balance - Hard work is not even recognized - No place for professional growth - Company will overwork you - Salaries are low - Everyone hates it here. People keep quitting from all departments

excellent mentoring and employee benifits

Wawanesa Insurance is a very good company to grow in with an insurance career. I was sad to leave however I had to relocate across the country.

Pros

Pot luck lunches, Summer BBQ's, Employee Games days

Cons

TIme management when a Catastrophe happens

Management was poor

It was a great company overall. Training was not enough because I wanted to learn more about the position before I start. Management was very poor also and that is why most people quit.

Pros

Salary

Great Management Support and Room for Advancement

Flexible work hours here, so ability to pick what start time works best for you. Each Adjuster handles his/her own file and follows them through to completion. Face to face interaction as well as over the phone with Insureds. Open concept of the office sometimes is a downside as there's not a lot of privacy with calls. Satisfaction in handling a claim and putting Insured's back on thier feet and allieviating thier stress.

Pros

Hour long lunches

Cons

Co-workers are close and office can sometimes get really loud.

Adjuster

Very high file load, HR is good but management is fairly unqualified the few that are save the day. Heather the trainer has to fix many managers mistakes.

Cons

not multi lines anymore

Pay is bad and workload is unreasonable

Work over time with no pay, don't have the proper equipment for the job. Unrealistic work load and way under paid. Don't be a adjuster here.

Pros

short work days

Cons

pay, workload

Great People, fast paced and busy claims department

Good training program is in place.Supportive team leaders and coworkers.Typical day was very busy dealing with phone claims that came in.Felt good to help people get their claims resolved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawanesa Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement