Wawanesa Insurance
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Wawanesa Insurance Employee Reviews

insurancesalarypersonalculturebalancetrainingcareerbenefit

Excellent company

Great work environment ....management is tough on you but learnt a lot.....good productivity.....good ambiance.....overall I enjoyed my career.....salary and benefits good.

great place to work

great environment to work. friendly and hardworking staff. flexible work from home and hybrid arrangement. Staff are motivated and happy to come to work.

Insights into Wawanesa Insurance

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

Best employer

I love working here! Schedule is so flexible, I work 100% from home permanently. Employees are given choice to work from home, on site or hybrid. Company supports education for employees growth CIP, FCIP. We have an excellent compensation and benefits. Leaders, Supervisors and Managers are very supportive and will truly help their staff to achieve their goals. This place provides such a positive workplace, prioritizes mental health and really great workplace culture

Pros

Employees have option to work from home, on site or hybrid. Excellent leaders and really supportive with my goals

Productive and fun workplace

Overall my stay at Wawanesa was short, due to covid-19, but the company seemed nice and had good benefits and work culture, as well as having good work life balance

Pros

Nice coworkers and culture

Cons

Not many options around their building to have lunch

Genuinely Awful Company

This company is toxic. Especially as a Customer Service representative. For the amount of work you do, the pay is abysmal. Policies and procedures are consistently changing and often times they make no sense at all. Management seems to have a complete lack of understanding or guidance. The metrics you are expected to meet are completely unreasonable. You are given no time to breathe between calls and the call volume is extremely high. The PTO policy is very unforgiving and your sick time and paid time off come out of the same bucket. Not to mention every move you make is micro managed. It’s no wonder the turnover in this company is so high and it’s really no wonder they cannot retain employees. I really question the ethics of this company.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Micro managing, unreasonable expectations, poor management.

Claims department lacked leadership

Things have hopefully changed; the company as a whole seemed to be run like a “mom and pop” shop as opposed to a medium sized, multinational insurance company. Claims department was turned over to an ineffective and inept team of transplants from another insurer and it quickly became apparent why that company had cut them loose - the department became toxic. Subsequent horribe engagement surveys were likely why most were removed or shuffled off to different departments.

Pros

Great benefits, pay and pension.

Cons

(At the time) poor leadership, toxic work environment, long hours, no backup - you’re on your own.

Very top heavy company

A great place to work if you want zero career advancements and if you love to be micromanaged to death. 1 out of 10, do not recommend working at this organization.

Highly motivated staff to produce the best outcome. Coworkers are great, enjoyed and good team atmosphere. Ability to promote based on performance standards.

Amazing company

I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for work. I feel valued and appreciated and I di have work life balance................

Good communication and I am treated like a person

I put in many unpaid overtime hours at Wawanesa. That said they kept me employed full time when they did not have to through the Covid 19 pandemic. They also recognize my efforts and they have many awards and perks for high performers. I love my job and would only leave Wawanesa for an opportunity in Hawaii!!!

Pros

Employee rewards program, scheduled reviews, managerial support

Cons

Company with good intentions/ but poor results

Wawanesa is a company with great intentions, they have committees for employees to meet and bring problems to managements attention, however movement on the changes are VERY slow. QM’s are very unrealistic and often times a stress point for many representatives, due to the knit picky scores. And the scores mean EVERYTHING ( promotions, pay, being apart of groups, scheduling …etc) call volume is extremely high and stressful.

Great company with remote work growing pains.

Definitely enjoyed working remotely, but with their transition to remote work management faulters. Additionally, their was a lot of room for upward mobility.

Decent place to work

Decent place to work. They could definitely pay more. Benefits are great. Flexibility it great as well. Managers are extremely supportive for the most part

Great place to work with a lot of great managers.

The majority of management is supportive and approachable, but I have been bounced from manager to manager a handful of times and sometimes it is hard to adapt to a new management style and personality. Right as I get comfortable with a specific manager is when I get switched to a new one… it can be very stressful even for a person who is adaptable to change like myself.

Great Pay, Benefits

Best benefits out of any company I have worked for, hands down. Call center work is tough, but you can easily move to different departments or positions. Birthday celebrations not allowed in my department, that is sort of a weird thing. But overall, not bad!

Change is constant and erratic

Working for this company is very stressful, they change direction every 3 months, do it this way, then switch do it the opposite, constant changing of rules. Very difficult to remember what we are doing in underwriting from one week to the next.

Toxic work environment

Not a healthy place to work. Was being treated unfairly the entire time I was there. The person who had trained me treated the two people before me the same way. Management did nothing to stop the employees behavior.

Mutual Employer

Fast paced environment with frequent changes. Supervisors / Leaders are flexible for schedule arrangements. Employer cares about the welfare of its employees

Office culture that genuinely values its employees

Every supervisor and manager I worked under was uncommonly communicative, and it's clear to see that open communication and teamwork is valued here. Neither I, nor anyone I talked to felt stressed or overworked, or pressured to take on more work than they were comfortable handling. This is easily one of the healthiest office cultures I've ever encountered!Unfortunately as a contract worker I was rarely considered for advancement within the company, and there were no raises or benefits made available to me either. For regular employees they cover the cost of courses and training if you want to advance, but not having that available to contract workers meant that I had very little way to go any further.That being said, still one of the best companies I've ever seen. Bosses are all very willing to trust their employees and empower people to make a lot of their own decisions.

Not a good place to work if you want to be free to adjust with client care.

As a mutual they have lost the focus on the members. Profit first and customer service comes at the cost of profits. Recent management style changes have killed employee morale. Glad to have left the toxic environment they have developed.

Moyen

Pas Mal moyen avant qu'ils ferment le department des ventes. Proche de la maison.

Pros

Bon salaire

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawanesa Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement