Wawanesa Insurance Employee Reviews

Great Employer to work for.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2018
Nice place to work. Very cooperative and willing to help/teach senior staff employees. corporate support and encouragement to improvise knowledge by pursuing courses leading to CIP/FCIP designation.
Pros
Tuition fees reimbursement for industry related courses.
Cons
Pressure due to tight deadlines set by Dept. of Insurance.
Really nice working environment
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2018
It's my fortunate to worked as a co-op student at Wawanesa Insurance. Really nice working environment, friendly people, willing to help. I have learned a lot from there, and I wish my future position can have the same environment that would be perfect.
Wonderful Group of people
Bilingual Inside Claims Rep I (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 September 2018
Love all the employees, just a large load of work, not often off work on time. No travelling. Great workings hours. Bilingualism is a need to work in the Moncton office.
Productive. Busy.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2018
Good place to start out in an insurance company. Good breaks. Cafeteria. Good and friendly staff. Good environment. Medium paced. Not hard work. Good values.
Pros
Friendly staff and co- workers
Cons
Not very good pay.
Great
Quality assurance analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2018
Great Company to work for. Great work life balance. I enjoy the challenges and result oriented culture. The company has a great learning plan and helps employees meet its goals.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not much opportunities to grow
The only reason I am considering leaving is I am considering relocating and there is no position for me in the area I am relocating to
Assist supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2018
great company, great culture, Wawanesa goes above and beyond to make this a great place to work, lots of opportunity for advancement depending on your interests.
Pros
great culture
Cons
no current option to transfer to another office
Manque de leadership
Agent en assurance de dommages (Former Employee) –  8585 decarie28 May 2018
Gestionnaire sans aucun leadership et sans expérience en gestion
''Micro-managers'' avec une vieille mentalité (old thinking = old results), franchement si vous êtes jeune motivé et ambitieux, ne perdez pas de temps Wawanesa Qc n'est pas pour vous.
Confusing work environment
Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2018
The management of our team doesn’t appear to know their function. Morale in the department continues to plummet due to questionable or non existent decision making. Unsure of direction or purpose. Piles of work but no direction or vision. Time for a change.
Nice place to start
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 April 2018
For Winnipeg, it is not bad. Some manager does not promote their employee. Benefits are good but they paid less that same positions in the market. Some of equipment and rooms are pretty old.
good management
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2018
Nice work culture
Good work life balance
nice salary benefits
scope of learning new things
Leadership is Excellent
supportive Team Members
No discrimination
Fun workplace
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
I enjoyed my time working at The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company. The environment is very social and collaborative. The organizational structure is pretty flat so there isn't as many opportunities for advancement. Overall I would recommend it.
Good working experience terrible manager
Buisness Operations Support (Term) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2018
I worked here on a 6 month term position. The work was interesting and co workers seemed friendly. My Manager how ever did not get to know her staff and had a personality that made it very hard to strike up a conversation with. I hope anyone who works here does not get this particular manager as she made the work environment a very bad place to work in.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
Terrible Manager / leader
In-Deepth Training, Career building, Relax
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 January 2018
I currently work at Wawanesa, and I must say I do enjoy myself here. The supervisors are very supportive, work atmosphere is comforting, and training ensure you understand the information before you actually deal with the client. The call center manager of the department took the time to know me by name, and formaly introduced herself.The only real complaint I have, is that we are at a temporary location, and wish we could have a fixated spot. Otherwise, it is a great place to work.
Questionable activities
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
Don't expect support or truthfulness from HR in this extremely stressful IT work environment. SVP of IT was pulled from a branch after investigations of collusion started. He's known to demand loyalty to him or you're fired. Another IT VP is know for his intimidation techniques while the 3rd IT VP has a reputation for hiring pretty women to have around him and lying to his staff. It doesn't make for a satisfying environment. It's a shame really because the staff is great except for the upper management levels. VPs are apparently fighting at all levels. Company performance is poor which is troubling. This is not what I signed up for.
Dysfunctional workplace with corrupt management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2018
Salary and benefits decent but work environment is impossible expectations and poor management at many levels. Examples of multi-million dollar projects where 1 deliverable out of 20 is achieved. Lots of contractors used for project who r friends with internal management and charge double and more above employee salary. Wasted resources internally. Benefits become a noose. Avoid if you like your free time.
Healthy work environment
Sr QA Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 December 2017
Nice place to work, employees are friendly and co-operative. learned a lot personally and professionally. I wish I could work some more time. I will work if I get an offer in the future
Challenging, interesting but engrossing
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2017
Great place to work be ready to sharpen your organizational and time scheduling skills. Can be all encompassing in regards to seasonal events that can precipitate into long unpaid hours just to stay afloat. Considerable emphasis on customer care and with recent administrative changes the workplace environment has improved.
Pros
Benefits, will train
Cons
Considerable work loads need to be proficient in tasks
busy fast paced
Level 2 Auto Claims Telephone Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2017
check new claims/coverages
call all parties involved
get all paper work
set up appraisal rental injury
pay invoices
return calls/ emails/ mail
Pros
extra coaching
Cons
extreme claims for hail
It is multicultural company with good management.
Test Analyst/Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
I worked in this company as a contractor. I was happy there. They give equal opportunity to every individual. Their processes are very well defined and easy to work with a systematic approach.
Suitable workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Suitable workplace for beginners starting out their career. Continual training is provided, and they have a casual workplace with opportunity for fun bonding activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawanesa Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.