Wawanesa Insurance

Wawanesa Insurance Employee Reviews

Good job, ok benefits and ok work but don’t expect upper mgmt to be on the same page as front line managers. They rarely consult their staff and insist on driving service while grading you on odd factors that are often well out of your control I would give them a higher score based if the culture which is quite positive but the treatment by mgmt just made it difficult.
Pros
Good culture, great introductory role
Cons
Disconnect from mgmt to front ljne
The team's within Wawanesa are friendly and supportive, I can easy say I would recommend applying there. Great benefits, personal days provided. Very casual environment.
- supervisors micro manage - don’t trust employees do their job- supervisors and management discriminate against medical conditions - supervisors have no underwriting knowledge and rely heavily on underwriting technical specialists and senior underwriters- unorganized all over the place, expect processes and procedures to change everyday you work- no promotion within and hire unqualified candidates for higher positions - overall toxic work environment
Benefits
Cons
Toxic Work Environment
Anything you think you know about insurance companies - throw it away. Wawanesa is an amazing company to work for, caring for our owners (policyholders) is in our DNA, and it permeates through every decision we make. I know I can feel secure making the right call for a client because my manager will have my back. This is a company that cares about you - not just your productivity, but how you are doing as a person.
Pros
Amazing management, great training, awesome events
Cons
Still a little segmented regionally
This was a great place to work. I started on a contract, but was hired on permanently before the contract ended. There are many perks of working for this company. Good pay/ raises, benefits, pension, occasional lunches, depending on your department you can get invited to a sporting event or free dinner. Very nice place to work. Good vacation time plus sick days and personal days. Low stress so everyone was easy to get along with.
Pros
Room for advancement, good time off, good pay
Cons
My training experience (from a co-worker who was also learning her own new position) was not ideal.
Wawanesa has a culture of “that’s not how Wawanesa does things” They don’t like thinking outside the box or new ways of doing things. If you leave be prepared to be shunned like an Amish teenager who left the colony They will think you broke up with them and be hurt.
Pros
Work hours not overtaxing
Cons
Cult like atmosphere
Everything is alright except the fact that you're on a project based account and ni health coverage, but if you do well in a year then chances of being a regular inreases and they do regularize people that desrves it.
Pros
Work, culture, people
Cons
No health coverage for non regulars or project based
The company itself is wonderful. Great benefits. The computer seems to care about employees, however certain supervisors do not seem to care. The main CON is that the pay is not competitive with other insurance companies in Winnipeg.
Pros
Benefits, Work/life balance
Cons
Pay is not competitive
Good place to work and employees are great, training was in depth. Workload can be at times stressful and very high level of competency is needed to do the job.
Everything is great besides the fact that they are discriminatory towards people with disabilities or medical concerns that are not physically seen I.e neurological.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Discriminatory
Wawanesa is a very successful insurance company. People are very nice and friendly and work is interesting. They use modern technology in their daily work activities and they provide excellent training. They make sure that their employees have the tools they need to accomplish their tasks successfully. The managers are great leaders.
Our company is just as passionate about our staff as they are about our clients. This is a face paced environment that adapts to the changing work force.
this is a good company to work for, management is very supportive. different type of business underwritten here with an eye on packages and smaller accounts.
Great company to work with. Supportive management & leaders. Everybody is a team player. Collaborative and supportive leaders and work colleagues. Encourages personal and professional growths.
Pros
Agile
Cons
parking
Working for Wawanesa is like working for the “Borg” You must assimilate You must do things the “Wawanesa way” even though that is ever changing Unit managers are weak and usually castoffs from other companies who only know how to be acquiescent to those they report to
if you're the friend of a friend, then you have opportunities, if not then you don't. a lot of work from the start to the end of your shift. Not much support
Pros
food almost all the time
Cons
stressful
They're a great company to work for and have many pleasant members to work alongside. They have great benefits and job security. Pleasant and changing environment.
I love working here. My team is fantastic, and I love what I do. The vision for the future is so bright and the CEO is humble and visionary at the same time.
Great company to work with. Supportive management & leaders. Everytbody is a team player. Collaborative and supportive leaders and work colleagues. Encourages personal and professional growths.
enjoyed working at this organization , learned a lot of knowledge, management was veery friendly, enjoyed working in a positive and collaborative work environment.
The typical day at work requires a lot of flexibility. I have learned to lead a diverse team of people. The people are friendly and nice to work with.
  1. Employee reviews