Wawanesa Insurance Employee Reviews

QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2018
Nice work culture
Good work life balance
nice salary benefits
scope of learning new things
Leadership is Excellent
supportive Team Members
No discrimination
Fun workplace
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
I enjoyed my time working at The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company. The environment is very social and collaborative. The organizational structure is pretty flat so there isn't as many opportunities for advancement. Overall I would recommend it.
Good working experience terrible manager
Buisness Operations Support (Term) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2018
I worked here on a 6 month term position. The work was interesting and co workers seemed friendly. My Manager how ever did not get to know her staff and had a personality that made it very hard to strike up a conversation with. I hope anyone who works here does not get this particular manager as she made the work environment a very bad place to work in.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
Terrible Manager / leader
In-Deepth Training, Career building, Relax
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 January 2018
I currently work at Wawanesa, and I must say I do enjoy myself here. The supervisors are very supportive, work atmosphere is comforting, and training ensure you understand the information before you actually deal with the client. The call center manager of the department took the time to know me by name, and formaly introduced herself.The only real complaint I have, is that we are at a temporary location, and wish we could have a fixated spot. Otherwise, it is a great place to work.
Questionable activities
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
Don't expect support or truthfulness from HR in this extremely stressful IT work environment. SVP of IT was pulled from a branch after investigations of collusion started. He's known to demand loyalty to him or you're fired. Another IT VP is know for his intimidation techniques while the 3rd IT VP has a reputation for hiring pretty women to have around him and lying to his staff. It doesn't make for a satisfying environment. It's a shame really because the staff is great except for the upper management levels. VPs are apparently fighting at all levels. Company performance is poor which is troubling. This is not what I signed up for.
Dysfunctional workplace with corrupt management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2018
Salary and benefits decent but work environment is impossible expectations and poor management at many levels. Examples of multi-million dollar projects where 1 deliverable out of 20 is achieved. Lots of contractors used for project who r friends with internal management and charge double and more above employee salary. Wasted resources internally. Benefits become a noose. Avoid if you like your free time.
Healthy work environment
Sr QA Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 December 2017
Nice place to work, employees are friendly and co-operative. learned a lot personally and professionally. I wish I could work some more time. I will work if I get an offer in the future
Challenging, interesting but engrossing
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2017
Great place to work be ready to sharpen your organizational and time scheduling skills. Can be all encompassing in regards to seasonal events that can precipitate into long unpaid hours just to stay afloat. Considerable emphasis on customer care and with recent administrative changes the workplace environment has improved.
Pros
Benefits, will train
Cons
Considerable work loads need to be proficient in tasks
busy fast paced
Level 2 Auto Claims Telephone Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2017
check new claims/coverages
call all parties involved
get all paper work
set up appraisal rental injury
pay invoices
return calls/ emails/ mail
Pros
extra coaching
Cons
extreme claims for hail
It is multicultural company with good management.
Test Analyst/Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
I worked in this company as a contractor. I was happy there. They give equal opportunity to every individual. Their processes are very well defined and easy to work with a systematic approach.
Suitable workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Suitable workplace for beginners starting out their career. Continual training is provided, and they have a casual workplace with opportunity for fun bonding activities.
Decent workplace for steady career
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
I found Wawanesa to be a good employer, company culture is good, management is helpful. No extra hours work required.
Catastrophe season could be stressful, wish they had more staff. But due to nature of industry there are always people leaving.

Lots of changes happen and sometimes you are confused about the correct processes.
Movement
Inside Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2017
Currently there is not a lot of chances for movement up to other positions.

The pay is good for the amount of work that is excepted from you.

They have great benefits and have a good work life balance.
Telephone claims adjuster
Auto Telephone Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
Great company to work with
Benefits were amazing
Management made for a great work environment
Employee appreciation was key and was great for moral
Great team work environment
Good place to work with great people
Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
I learned all of my insurance experience at Wawanesa, so I'm thankful to them for that. The company was very good to their employees and made a lot of friends that I still see.
Best place to work
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
Best place to work
I am glad and blessed to work here. I like everything the company offers. From salary, hours, co-workers to job it self.

The bad thing is just the location. I have to take the bus to work
Pros
flexibility
Cons
location
excellent mentoring and employee benifits
Intermediate Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge Alberta10 August 2016
Wawanesa Insurance is a very good company to grow in with an insurance career. I was sad to leave however I had to relocate across the country.
Pros
Pot luck lunches, Summer BBQ's, Employee Games days
Cons
TIme management when a Catastrophe happens
Fun Workplace
Application Developer II (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 July 2016
Every day is very stressfull due to tight project schedule. I have to do self study for new software. I have learned lot of new programming language because of new training provided. Some of co-worker always discriminate me. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things everyday.
Pros
Learn a lot about IT
Cons
Long hours of work
Management was poor
Telephone Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2016
It was a great company overall. Training was not enough because I wanted to learn more about the position before I start. Management was very poor also and that is why most people quit.
Pros
Salary
Productive and Inspiring
Claims Adjuster Automobile (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2016
Would recommend to anyone who is seeking a career in insurance to work at Wawawanesa. Great staff and learned so much. Surrounded by very knowledgable and supporting staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawanesa Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.