Wawanesa Insurance

Wawanesa Insurance Employee Reviews

Canada90 reviews
good place to work. new computer system to learn
this is a good company to work for, management is very supportive. different type of business underwritten here with an eye on packages and smaller accounts.
Great company to work for!
Our company is just as passionate about our staff as they are about our clients.

This is a face paced environment that adapts to the changing work force.
Good corporate job
Great company to work with. Supportive management & leaders. Everybody is a team player. Collaborative and supportive leaders and work colleagues. Encourages personal and professional growths.
Pros
Agile
Cons
parking
You must assimilate...
Working for Wawanesa is like working for the “Borg” You must assimilate You must do things the “Wawanesa way” even though that is ever changing

Unit managers are weak and usually castoffs from other companies who only know how to be acquiescent to those they report to
stressful
if you're the friend of a friend, then you have opportunities, if not then you don't. a lot of work from the start to the end of your shift. Not much support
Pros
food almost all the time
Cons
stressful
Productive & fast paced environment
They're a great company to work for and have many pleasant members to work alongside. They have great benefits and job security. Pleasant and changing environment.
I love working here. My team is fantastic, and I love what I do. The vision for the future is so bright and the CEO is humble and visionary at the same time.
Great company to work with. Supportive management & leaders. Everytbody is a team player. Collaborative and supportive leaders and work colleagues. Encourages personal and professional growths.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wawanesa Insurance?
great expeirence
enjoyed working at this organization , learned a lot of knowledge, management was veery friendly, enjoyed working in a positive and collaborative work environment.
Good people to work with.
The typical day at work requires a lot of flexibility. I have learned to lead a diverse team of people. The people are friendly and nice to work with.
Poor enviroment
I had a short term contract at Wawanesa and it wasn't very enjoyable. I was trained by someone who was being trained and it was a horrible experience.
Easy, laid back job for a student with no experience.
Worked here during the summer while on break from university. I enjoyed this job, it was M-F 8-4 and fairly easy. Management was extremely nice, and made good friends with coworkers. No vacations as it was only a 3 month term which sucked so you cant have any days off. They train you very well and its a good job, i'd come back again next year. Above minimum wage too, not too much but better than just minimum.
Productive and Insurance Standard courses

- Unprofessional

- Awards bad behavior

- Bad management

- Stressful

- Lack of knowledge and structure

- Boys club
Pros
Cons
Bullying, Favoritism, Bad management
I'm so glad I left
This company is rife with corruption especially in IT within the Winnipeg branch. Stress levels are high, morale is low and demands are unreasonable. The management is the most clueless group of executives I've ever experienced. Workers are treated poorly and the old school mentality has driven many to stress leave.

I was with the company approximately 4 years. It started out good but has turned an environment full of back stabbers and liars.

Be warned, especially if you are seeking an analyst position.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No work life balance at all
It could use ALOT of improvements
The job itself is good, different everyday and is interesting. The cons is the supervisors and management. They definitely do not offer equal opportunity to everyone and display a huge and obvious amount of favoritism. People who have all the certifications (cpp's) and have been there for years stay in the same position while people with no background in insurance or any qualifications move up quickly within in a year. the company itself has become alot less customer friendly, and is becoming like all the other insurance companies that only care about money and their customer service is terrible. the company is going downhill and needs to seriously think of the customer FIRST
Pros
managment and supervisors
Cons
potlucks, team activities
Okay experience
i worked on a contract basis through Staffmax which Wawanesa treated people on contract differently then those were actual employees and they lied about why they couldn't hire.
Pros
Decent Wage, Downtown location
Cons
No Christmas party, was treated differently, no benefits, no holiday time
- The company is people caring. There's a culture of listening to employees and valuing their opinions. People respect each other.
- Employees have opportunities to grow and develop.

- Achievements are celebrated.
Pros
GOod salary
Cons
Productive and hard working environment
great working environment, flexible hours for students and just an all together great company to work for. Everyone is very kind and always willing to help.
There should be an option for zero stars
If you are in IT in any capacity, I cannot stress this enough. Walk the other way! The management team is ruled (I use the term in the true autocratic sense) by a unqualified SVP who has surrounded himself with sycophants who are equally walking disasters.
If you do decide to join regardless, expect a high stressed environment with no direction and management looking to blame anyone but themselves.

Don’t say you weren’t warned.
Pros
The only real pro of a DB pension plan was taken away for new employees
Cons
See above. You want work/life balance? Forget it here!
not a good company to work for
Unless you're friends with management or a male you will not get anywhere in this company. Many people have left for this reason. I have many complaints and they will not hesitate to ambush you to try and force you out. I do not recommend this company and they do not look after their staff or care about their concerns
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawanesa Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.