Waters Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun,not much mon
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wexford ireland15 April 2018
As a manager I am responsible for large scale production. Comparing responsibilities to the average operator my salary is not far away from theirs. Waters rebalance this by "rewarding" those on staff with the privilege of working day shift only.not great incentives for career advancement im afraid.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Waters
Business Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA8 April 2018
Great place to work. Recent changes in management are changing the culture. I enjoyed working with IT personnel and my peers as well as learning new software.
Pros
flexable
Cons
culture changes
great place to work
Documentation Configurations Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA15 March 2018
Waters Corp is a great place to work. Had it not been for family health issues I would have stayed working there. My Manager was understanding as to the time off I needed to care for my family.
nice place
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA20 February 2018
very nice place to work, managers were great, people who i worked with were very helpful in learning their system and standards. pay was great should of pushed harder for them to hire me full time
It's where you go to retire, not innovate
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA14 February 2018
It's like a throwback to the corporate culture of 1970's or 80's.
No recourse for settling disputes
Extremely hierarchical
Mean-spirited and exclusionary
Waters is not a well run company with senior management not engaged and out of touch with employees.
Management (Current Employee) –  Milford, MA3 February 2018
Waters is not a well run company with senior management not engaged with employees. Strategic innovation and lack of quality management and employees is deteriorating the organization as a whole. Select positions carefully, as pockets of the corporation work well, others are a poor place to work. Engineering is good, R&D good, sales poor and marketing poor.
Waters control its own reviews
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Wexford ireland1 February 2018
It seems indeed does not tolerate bad reviews of this company.Wexford site is intolerable to work in.daily, ignorant people walk its corridors bullying and harassing.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Positive work environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Milford, MA1 January 2018
Collaborative, smart people. Hard working bunch. Management on the weaker side. Lots of organizational change taking place (for the positive.) Many layers in the organization makes it challenging to connect with sales organization/customer, and senior management.
Customer Education Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA26 December 2017
I worked through a staffing agency at Waters. Loved working in the education department. Wonderful co-workers. Unfortunately, the company dissolved the position I was working. I was an assistant to the head of the department and they felt she could do all the work herself. I was laid off.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons to post
it's an average corporate environment
Corporate Finance Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA21 December 2017
The part of my job I enjoyed the most was analysis and working with the global colleagues and building reports in MS Excel using SAP and Analysis for Excel. I learned a great deal from my manager re: to Foreign Exchange analysis.
World class innovation
Director of Worldwide Training (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts15 December 2017
Waters began as a small start-up company to a world leader. Its work culture became highly competitive as it grew. It merged with the Millipore Corporation in 1980 offering better benefits and advancement opportunities. Its global recognition grew quickly and more international sales and marketing required more travel and global communication expenses.
Pros
Highly innovative
Cons
Very political
terrible management
Chemistry Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, MA28 November 2017
Management is terrible. They don't care about their workers. Only visceral numbers to show upper management who don't understand what their employees do on a regular basis. Harassment. Stuck in the 80s.
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
no vacation time
Poor work atmosphere
Operator (Current Employee) –  Wexford ireland27 November 2017
As a foreign national I have felt biased against and notice no foreign nationals being promoted to key positions. Iam 12years here with no wage increase.a very unfriendly manager and office staff make for a unpleasant work atmosphere.gossip is widespread especially about personal relationship s.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Unfriendliness
Fun place to work
Design Quality Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA 0175720 November 2017
Great place to work, Great training programs. The worker are willing to help if you run into any difficulty.I was a contractor but from from my friends who were permanent had great benifit
Waters
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milford, MA8 November 2017
Good company. Terrible Advancement. Poor management, Dock rock the boat mentality. I don't really have anything else to say about this company. It's not a bad place to work.
Pros
Stable
Cons
No where to go.
Rewarding Company
Senior Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA8 November 2017
When I went to work for Waters in 2000 it was a much different company than the one that I left. The company has lost a little bit of it's customer focus and traded that in for metrics and CYA paperwork.
Pros
Interesting customers, personal autonomy
Cons
micromanagement has ruined a great job
flexible work hours
manager) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmslow, Cheshire8 November 2017
great place to work provides free gym and free fruit. great career progression prospects offered not to mention subsidised lunches for all employees and car pooling of course
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
managers
nice place to work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA2 October 2017
I was a temporary agency worker and it was a seasonal job so they laid me off after the season ends i wish they could have hired me as a permanent worker but it didn't happen
Pretty Average
Rental Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KS26 September 2017
Team support can be frustrating, they can't seem to get their problems figured out. Management was great, coworkers are great, pay isn't enough for everything expected of you. Overall it's a decent niche job, not really one you want to make a career out of.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay
Detailed oriented place to work
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Milford, MA26 September 2017
Because Waters is a publicly traded company in the pharma space we are obligated to produce at the highest levels. Our Instruments and consumables that are manufactured go through many rigorous checks to ensure they meet all of the specs and are reproducable
Pros
work life balance
Cons
advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waters Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.