WATERLOO REGIONAL POLICE SERVICE Employee Reviews

With a class action lawsuit against them, nothing left to say
Police Constable & Use of Force Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 February 2018
I brought to managements attention that internal investigations were being conducted unethically. As a result of me reporting it, I was disciplined and constructively dismissed. To much autonomy for authority at WRPS. The truth is coming out in the class action. Things will have to change.
Pros
Pay is good, if you can sacrifice your morals to keep getting it
Cons
Ignore corruption by senior people
enjoyable
Safety village supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 May 2017
the children were great and very fun and easy to work with and teach
the management of the safety village was very awesome lenient and understanding
and the co-workers that we worked with were very very nice and made the job very enjoyable
the job wasn't too demanding as long as you understand how to teach in a classroom setting
Pros
great work environment
I just did this review?
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 January 2017
See previous review. Terrible upper management, lack of support for members, no morale, no guarantee of promotion/advancement or courses. Frustrating to see others golf with a manager and get advanced without true skills.
Joe (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 November 2015
fun work place with non supportive management who could care less about you and your well being.
would not recommend this police service to anyone who was interested.
Cons
Civilian employee front desk? No respect & no advancement unless you are one of their favourites
Front Desk Clerk/Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Kitchener/Waterloo1 January 2014
This experience with Waterloo Regional Police Service taught me to grow a thicker skin and to be more selective of whom I trusted not to mention that if you were lazy and not loyal to the service you received more recognition and more advancement opportunities than when you did your job and did it very, very well. Evaluations are a joke and never get you anywhere.

Best advice? Don't apply - work in the private sector not the public! Just saying.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work....with no recognition and or appreciation