WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Review

View all WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD reviews

A wonderful job that has potential for me to grow, learn, and advance in my career field.
Supply Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 October 2012
I have not worked many hours with the Waterloo Catholic District School Board. Based on my limited experience I have enjoyed my job. A typical day at work is directed by the delegation of the teacher or principle. I would assist students in their school work. Some students required assistance with toileting. It is my job to ensure the well being of the student and help them to achieve their learning goals. My coworkers have been an outstanding support and have also taught me how to be more effective in my role.
The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent hours and job opportunities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team to achieve a goal of assisting a student in their education.
Pros
room for advancement and various opportunities, ideal hours for family life, coworkers to collaborate with, an atmosphere to continue in my own learning and improvement.
Cons
supply/casual work does not always provide consistent hours, are required to go to many different locations weekly, it is difficult to establish working relationships.

Other WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Approachable environment
Occasional Teacher - Elementary and Secondary (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 April 2019
The administration team I worked for were exceptional. They were approachable, helpful, professional and willing to assist in any way they could whether it was professional or personal.
A typical day really varied as a teacher. It was unpredictable when you are teaching three classes of 20+ students. I would say that would be the most challenging part of my job is the unknown in a classroom environment.
I enjoyed working with my colleagues, interacting and sharing resources. As well, collaborating ideas with other teachers in my department and coming up with new lesson plans, tests and assignments.
I also very much enjoyed interacting with students, getting to know them on a personal level. As a teacher, it is always rewarding to see them grow and development within a semester/year.
Pros
Never a dull moment, as an educator, you are always learning, developing relationships with students and colleagues
Cons
Marking at times took many hours
Great Environment at workplace and flexible with work ours
Web Designer/Developer (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 March 2019
I like to work here with my team members of the IT department. I collaborative work here with them and learning lots of new things every day.
I assist a customizable and innovative Content Management System in WordPress for the main WCDSB board office and other 45 elementary schools and secondary schools.
I Create a hierarchy structure for a new website to provide maximum user experience while maintaining the W3C standards and AODA.
I love to spend time with my colleagues during my office hour.
I am enhancing my knowledge and having growth in my skills after joining this organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2