WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Great place to work, friendly and helpful co-workers
School Information Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 July 2015
A typical day at work was constantly having to multi-task the various duties of the job. I learned how time management is crucial in the IT field.
A great place to work
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 June 2015
Dealing with Children's behaviours and disabilities on a daily basis. Helping to educate children with disabilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the kids get what you are trying to teach them. I loved being part of the social aspect of the school, planning social events.
I have learned so much in this job, mostly patience.
I love Special Education, but miss the office aspect of the jobs I use to do.
Pros
summers off
Cons
not being able to take a holiday when you need it or want it
Group Home Counsellor
Intensive Support- Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 June 2014
Supported youth living in the Lutherwood group home. Offered 1:1 counselling when needed, while recording all necessary paperwork. Maintained open relationships and communication with staff members.
Pros
youth
Cons
A wonderful job that has potential for me to grow, learn, and advance in my career field.
Supply Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 October 2012
I have not worked many hours with the Waterloo Catholic District School Board. Based on my limited experience I have enjoyed my job. A typical day at work is directed by the delegation of the teacher or principle. I would assist students in their school work. Some students required assistance with toileting. It is my job to ensure the well being of the student and help them to achieve their learning goals. My coworkers have been an outstanding support and have also taught me how to be more effective in my role.
The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent hours and job opportunities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team to achieve a goal of assisting a student in their education.
Pros
room for advancement and various opportunities, ideal hours for family life, coworkers to collaborate with, an atmosphere to continue in my own learning and improvement.
Cons
supply/casual work does not always provide consistent hours, are required to go to many different locations weekly, it is difficult to establish working relationships.