Waterfront Hotel Employee Reviews

I loved working at the waterfront Hotel it’s a best place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA19 July 2019
The manager supervisor your coworker They are wonderful people to work with, they always celebrate your birthday, they make you feel at home, I don’t know how to describe the place, but it’s very very great price to work, I wish I can go back but I can’t, because I’m a nurse Assistant now.
All over the place
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Deal19 June 2019
Working at the Waterfront Hotel, can be very intimidating. The boss was very fussy about who the presentation of the food looked, when i first started the job as a kitchen porter, i had my boss come up in to my face and making complaints about the food. At this point i never got shown how to do the presentation of the food.

The boss can be a bit suspicious with his staff, he will be all happy and joy with everyone and then the next thing you know is he is not talking to anyone.

The working hours are not set, you maybe working from 9am until 12pm. But you will be working longer then your allocated times, sometimes if it gets busy the chef who is on, will send you home, leaving the other two staff to run around trying to cover for you.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Hours are all over the place
take it from me
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA1 May 2019
I was recently let go from my job after 24 years the management is corrupt . If your considering working here the management is awful take it from me I was working there since day 1. They are racist , and selfish employees .
when the hotel is busy it is a great work place
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Salem, MA17 January 2019
The hotel is a great work place when it is busy. But when the down season comes there is a lack of hours for employees. And a big change over in management.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
not much for benifits
Challenging, Fun, Productive
Warehouse Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philippines31 December 2018
We will be the one who will supply all the requests items in every single departments of the hotel. From Purchasing the products to Receiving the products , we will be the one who's responsible for that. And also the Inventory.
Pros
Free Lunch, Transpo, Accomodation
Cons
8 hours per day
Welcoming, friendly and productive work place
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Dungloe, County Donegal10 October 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the time i worked at The Waterfront Hotel. Haven't a bad word to say about the place or the people. Would highly recommend going there for work or pleasure. Either one will result in satisfaction.
Pros
Free dinner every day
Productive fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN20 June 2018
Nice pace fast workers nice customer service they always had a helping hand for one another and they are very clean and live well. Respectful and well mannered
Fun workplace
Performer (Former Employee) –  Labuan Town17 January 2018
I enjoyed my work so much because i love to perform and entertain people. But sometimes it was a bit frustrating because my team and i always get calls in the last minute and we have to rush
Pros
Free foods and gets discount for rooms
Cons
Late informs
its a good place to work
Head of security (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD10 January 2018
it was cool starting out cause of the live music and very chill and diverse crowd that comes in and the food was good, drinks was great, and some and or most of the employees was good to work with
High Expectations
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA19 September 2017
It's difficult to work with the people in the housekeeping department at the hotel. There's certainly a language barrier with a lot of them & that's annoying
Cut throats
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA11 September 2017
Dogie Dog World there.... If your not in the click or a yes man.. You will be blacklisted and your time will be horrible... Too many backroom deals.... Private Ownership....
No stress job
Front Desk Host (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA2 August 2017
work at the Waterfront hotel was really pleasure, i enjoyed everyday working there, i love the people i work with, i have learn a lot from my co-workers and managers.
Work at the front desk was fun, no stress from my bosses, everybody very friendly, i had no other complaints at all about this hotel...Waterfront will be in my heart forever!!!!
I just wish they pay better salaries, that's all.
Pros
NO stress from the managers.
Cons
bad pay
workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Deal, Kent10 June 2017
A day at worked was great i use to love getting up in the morning to go work but after a month of working there it went down hill. The only part i hated about it was the management and the people around you. They did everything in there power to get rid of me and a few others, i was on £4.50 a hour.
Fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Portpatrick, Dumfries and Galloway18 May 2017
I loved working here when I was at school as they made my working hours really easy to work with whilst I was studying for my important exams. The owners are very nice people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Far away from where I lived at the time
very active place
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Manila5 January 2017
I learn how to be a active person when it comes to work and how to know your priority and to be a team member to my co workers sometimes I handle 17 vacant room and there was a time that I cant take my lunch because I'm focusing of what I'm doing so the time pass by but after that I realize that is worth coz I finished my task on that day even if I know to my self that is so hard
Pros
free lunch
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV29 December 2016
Great company. Very friendly workers and a very caring management team. Loved the work emjoyed interactions with guest. I always made a lot of tips. Guest always complemented me on how well I was doing my job.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Downton15 November 2016
Lots of experience with the people good an bad
Multitasking .
On time
You get lots of overtime some people don't show so you do there an your job..
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hr
Purchase all Needed items from different departments
Puchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cebu City23 May 2016
I've manage to bust my confidence by working here and communicate with supplier's and co peer's. excellent service begins with ME.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very long hours 9 hours of duty
FLexable workplace
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CA29 February 2016
The Waterfront Hotel is a great location to work in. It is central to where I live and is good for the experience I need to further me in the career path I am on.
Pros
central to where I live
Cons
no growing opportunities
life style changes
Working Student (Former Employee) –  lahug water front and casinos5 October 2015
i have learned to be decent and proffisional base on the hotel customers from deffirent kind of people u are incountering..i deelop more skills from time to time..i hae met lots of american people as my friends..it was never been hard for me while evwn if its just a small time for me working there...at first it was difficult..but i realize it can neer be so called work if u haent haed a hard time...
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small time