Waterford Senior Living Ottawa
View all Waterford Senior Living Ottawa reviews

Waterford Senior Living Ottawa

Waterford Senior Living Ottawa Employee Review

My experience working at Waterford

Working at Waterford has been very rewarding compared to the other jobs I had in the past. My manager at the time was very understanding, and cared for employees. I even had the opportunity to work as both a server and activities assistant, but I felt more comfortable with serving the residents. Working as an activities assistant is a great job especially if you want to know the residents on a “deeper”, but professional level. Also, working as server can be fun, but also stressful… if you can’t handle stress properly I wouldn’t recommend working as a server. I worked with great people who communicated well, but at times when things would get stressful communication can be hard. Overall, there’s no such thing as a “perfect” job, but working at Waterford Retirement Community on Bank and Hunt Club was very rewarding with some challenges throughout the way. You’ll definitely develop a lot of new skills, and learn a lot of things while you work there. I recommend giving it a try because everyone’s experience is different.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

A lot of stress

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

stressful and terrible, terrible management

the salary was terrible for the amount of work we had to do as receptionists, lack of training made it extremely difficult considering we were dealing with vulnerable people in the misdt of a pandemic.new management seems more promising. hopefully they are better than the previous ones.advocate for yourself, and make sure you know you're rights as a worker.

Not very good

Not a very good place to work. Turn around of staff and management is very high, which is indicative of the work environment. Very stressful work environment, under appreciated staff.

Same location

Absolutely the worst working experience i have ever had in my 25 years of cooking

It was unfortunately the worst working experience I have ever encountered in 25 years of cooking. Horrible management the Family who owns it also has no prior experience in the Retirement industry and it showed when I worked at the establishment it was cold heartless and unwelcoming, absolutely a visibly beautiful home on the inside but unfortunately that was the only good thing about this place. I would never recommend this place as an employer.

Pros

Cons

Constantly watching employees withnthe camera's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waterford Senior Living Ottawa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement