Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 214 reviews matching the search See all 3,506 reviews
Challenging and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2018
Typical day on the job is to take an incoming call or email, sometimes both at the same time, and processing the clients order. It is clearly a high demanding job and must be able to adapt fast to keep up with company policies and client needs. This job requires me to be mentally organized and focused. The hardest part of the job is when clients are not satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team. What I learn from this job is that the company continues to adapt and grow in many ways for their clients and employees.
Cleaning routine
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fogo30 August 2018
In my routine at Hotel Cabanas I worked on cleaning the rooms, helping in general services within the Hotel.
The work was good, in a beautiful hotel, I received many tourists, because my city in Brazil is very touristy because of the beaches.
Pros
the hotel was on the beach and had a nice view.
Cons
it was not easy to get to work. I was far from my house.
great place to work
Plant Maintenance Mechanic Sr (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2018
I enjoy working for this company am treated fairly etc.
the position consists of preventative and breakdown maintenance.
the most enjoyable part of the job is going home with a feeling of accomplishment
Produtive, loosing business
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 November 2018
Over all good place to work . Due to tough market competition its hard to make some extra hours , Management is very helpful but very straight when it comes to safety . No room to grow
Pros
Cons
40 hrs
good company... branch management was incompetent.
Fleet Operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 October 2018
Managed by people that couldnt do the job themselves so they have zero idea of what it takes. Because you read it from a book should not qualify you to manage.
Pros
Cons
lots
Front Load Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 November 2018
The managers were so nice and considerate. You are praised when they like things you do. My favourite job I've ever had, I'd reccomend working there for sure. Pay is really good too!
fast physically demanding job. independence
Curb Side Waste Collector / Recycle Driver (Former Employee) –  KW17 May 2018
During my time with waste management I found them to be a very good employer in a fast paced hardworking environment But they treated their employees very fairly. the work was demanding but you got to work independently.
Pros
Uniforms, Fair compensation, Safety Minded
Cons
Dirty Job, Long days
Horrible, Especially Brampton Locations!
Driver Rolloff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2018
I'm a professional driver, 15 years AZ experienced, i was lured to Waste Management by a recruiter promising me the world and lots of compensation. What they actually are is a CULT, the way they do things will make anyone with half a brain run.

1. No Job Security( Your at the bottom of the Union Seniority, no assigned truck, no role, they lay drivers off while hiring new ones)
2. Generations of family members employed, who are deeply entwined with management to get dedicated routes and favouritism.

Stay Away, you will feel lost!
Over worked underpaid
Assist riggers, platforms, pipework, Oxy (Former Employee) –  CA17 August 2018
under paid over worked ....the hire employment agencys so tht they dont have to cover you if you get injured on the job...worked into the ground manually throwing garbage
Good Office culture & staff
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 May 2018
Started 8 am everyday. Enjoyed the team environment. I learned how to lead a team and out proform quota's every month. I enjoyed the management vision and goals set. Hardest part was only 8 hours in a day to perform job. Enjoyed incentives and company functions.
Pros
Commission structure and bonuses
steady job
Residential driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2018
Great drivers, and management. Steady work, new equipment, knowledgeable staff. Decent pay and benefits. Its a great job to have living in and around the Edmonton area.
Well organized in terms of direction
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 July 2018
Good culture in making sure everyone works together and contributes.There's benefit in being able to watch firework after work at stampede and also have tickets to rides on the last day
American values in canada
Yard Labourer (Former Employee) –  Exeter. Rd london20 March 2018
I worked for this company for 6 months as yard man. The pay and benefits are top notch. The problems i had was with the site manager and his two subordinates. It was like the three stooges. No daily planning , fly by the seat of thier pants attitude. Very frustrating. No respect for the night mechanics . the site manager was harrasing employeess and corperate wiped it under the carpet, the drivers do nothing but complain about management
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Management sucks
n/a
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
A good company to work for but a high turn over rate. Low on staff so more is added to a person but never extra pay. the office is full of gossiping women
Great Staff
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2018
This job is hard work but pays well. New Site Manager this past year has made a big difference. The last one was horrible. She would not listen to her people. This one is not afraid to get dirty with us.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long hours, hard work
Good benefits, lot of work to do though
Strategic Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2018
Nice team to work with, good benefits. Management of workload and resources can be improved further. Communication between the headquarters in US and offices in Canada will help the company get even better.
Management sucks
Maintenance Department (Current Employee) –  Ontario28 February 2018
Absolutely disgusted by the management at this company. From Managers hiding threat complaints from friends of the managers to HR doing nothing about it. I also have had the pleasure of watching the management team openly racist and sexist. Stay away from this company even if it’s the last place hiring.
Pros
Wage, benefits
Cons
Management, job security
This Company lied to me.
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 February 2018
Accepted a RollOff driving position with Waste Management in Brampton, Ontario.
Left a great job with 20 years experience (5 weeks holidays)
and a dedicated daily run - Monday - Friday.
Just prior to the end of my probationary period (3 months) I
was told I was fired - no warning,no reason.
Be careful, this Company is all about PROFIT.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours, every Saturday, lies by Management
Exremely hard work
Truck Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS27 February 2018
I was on the back of the truck slinging garbage.

I have never enjoyed work so much, until I pulled out my back. once that happened I had to leave.

the hardest part was the physical labour, and having to go help out other routes once you finished.
Pros
I was the most fit in my life during this job.
Cons
extremely hard physical labour
a green company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK15 February 2018
Worked for them for 13 years ..12 as a driver and 1 year Osr..good company with lots of experience in the waste and recycling,of unwanted products..like wood,plastic,cardboard,paper,drywall..so many different products from special handling of asbestos to oilfield to garbage and recycling compactors ..over all a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.