Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 235 reviews matching the search See all 3,947 reviews
not a fun place to work
circus driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2019
good pay, long day,s . if you like getting treated like a kid then this is the place for you .Dash camera,s watching you 24-7.new driver,s get the tuesday- saturday shift, and slip seating is expected, alway,s in a dirty unit. Planing a holiday here is terrible-seniority has first crack at holiday time off, driver,s must chok tire,s when vehicle is stationary, such as lunch break, etc. 60% of bin,s are compactor,s. the other bins are open top and usually have garbage in them from winter or are damaged and un useable. if you like the circus life then this is the 3 ring circus youv,e been looking for...
Pros
good pay
Cons
dispatcher and management is horible
run do not walk RUN
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON14 May 2019
worst place i ever worked, rush through their so called training even thought you already know how to do the job but now have to change how you do it and conform to their way. and you must remember everything in their "safety books" so hope you have a good memory to remember every single rule the deem to be acceptable.management is a joke other drivers were awesome.
do not go here they will use you and as soon as you stand up for yourself they find any reason to get rid of you.
Great structure and training
Route Manager - Commercial / Industrial GTA (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 April 2019
can be very rewarding when overcoming challenges on a daily basis. Continuous improvement is a part of every day. Very professional work environment with lots of support structures in place
Pros
company vehicle, great safety culture, good training program
Cons
Organising and controlling or staffs football and watchhing movies
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryland Lagos state14 April 2019
Strive In other to attend goal at all time in other to achieve the company aims and objectives to earn a good living of life and carrying out daily activities..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
Negative work environment and under paid employees
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2019
No motivation of employees
Employees under paid compared to market
Top management doesn't care for employees. Employees are just another number
Work culture is how to steal money from clients by adding unjust surcharges
Ethics are questionable of top management as well as employees
Pros
Cons
Too many
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 April 2019
Management has double standards on how things should be done from one employee to another

would not recommend this place to work for as they do not treat nor respect employees you are basically using you and when they don't need anymore they will find a way to terminate you without compensation

think twice before applying for this company
Hard Work with low salary
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 March 2019
When I worked at Waste Management, I got a lot of hours, but I didn't believe the pay reflected the intensity of the job. Workplace culture was what you'd expected from a garbage management company.
Pros
Long hours, Multiple Breaks
Cons
Low salary for drivers helpers
work at WM
Customer Service Representative/Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Carp, ON19 March 2019
Life at WM was fairly easy. Sales type envronment was always competitive in nature and the bonus structure was well established and encouraged a work hardy relationship with clients
It was good
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2019
It was good. I liked keeping the environment clean and knowing I was helping. I was doing my job for the world and getting paid for it too. It was a good place to work.
overall good company with good pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 March 2019
fast pace environment requiring efficiency and physical abilities. company pays well for work that is completed and good benifits. overall good place to work.
Friendly place to work
Labourer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON2 March 2019
I found the work here quick and easy to learn. Employees were friendly and pleasant. A typical day here was loading the belt with recycle and sorting off the conveyer belt. Most enjoyable part I would way was having friendly co workers, make the job more pleasant and go more quickly.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
cold weather
A nasty place to work from!
Front end driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2019
WM bought out the company I was working for, I heard nasty things about them but decided to give them a chance, a month in I wanted out, they don’t want to buy me out so they are trying to make me quit, spying on me with drive cam and cutting down my run it’s a nasty cooperation I work out of Danville, Mississauga stay away from this place if u want to keep your insanity.
Pros
Nothing b.s
great work place
Residential Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 February 2019
the best job i had i was not happy the company closed down i would have liked to retire there but the show must go on so on to bigger and better things if they hire again i will apply
money good, environment trash
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 January 2019
Red seal mechanic typical day includes scrambling around try to fix a dying fleet, where management questions your judgement even if you are licenced or qualified. Even when you are right with diagnostics of a problem, you won't get acknowledged and even get blamed for down time of vehicles. Money is great, got multiple signing bonuses but they will work you till you die! Mentally draining job too. Do it for a short term and you'll be alright, anything over a year and it will feel like you've wasted your life with waste management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else, politics, gross smell
good place to work
Driver/Loader - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 January 2019
all in all this is a good place to work management actually treats you right (your not just a number) they take safety seriously and they work well as a team
Pros
food meals provided sometimes
Cons
dirty work
fabulous place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON11 January 2019
I worked at there transfer station from the day it opened to the day they closed it down. I loved my job there and all the people were wonderful. very good working environment
Pros
free lunches
Micro Managed!!! stay clear
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2018
Worked there somewhat recently and had been there for many many years. This place is micromanaged. All drivers are great. Upper management has good intentions but the message is lost with local management ignoring corporate ways to suit local situations. Expected to work in an unethical manner by overcharging customers as a way of generating more revenue. The moral is very low there. NO safety bonuses anymore, NO barbecues anymore, NO Christmas party anymore. Once was a great company now gone downhill quickly.
Pros
drivers, customers, pay
Cons
management, hours
Okay place to work
Recycling Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 November 2018
If it wasn't for the people I worked with I probably wouldn't have been there as long as I was.
The set up wasn't the greatest, we had a lot of downtime
Front Load Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 November 2018
The managers were so nice and considerate. You are praised when they like things you do. My favourite job I've ever had, I'd reccomend working there for sure. Pay is really good too!
Produtive, loosing business
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 November 2018
Over all good place to work . Due to tough market competition its hard to make some extra hours , Management is very helpful but very straight when it comes to safety . No room to grow
Pros
Cons
40 hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K