Waste Connections

Waste Connections Employee Reviews

breakfast on wednesday, hotdogs and chili fridays

assigned a truck. given work for the day. mechanics are awesome. dispatch is very reasonable and understanding. you are pushed to the point of exhaustion. no life but great pay

Pros

good pay

Terrible Management

Where do I begin, the job itself is a good job if you can hustle and don’t mind hard work in all kinds of weather. The management is the worst I have ever seen and had to deal with at any job. They play games, favorites, and give the best routes and treatment to bad workers who kiss butt. They target union stewards and fire good workers for stupid reasons. They work the good workers like dogs and the bad workers get sent help at the end of the day.

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Long hours, terrible management

Official response from Waste Connections

9 November 2020
We appreciate your feedback and have passed this on to local and division management.

Poor management (not all)

I absoloutley fell in live with my job and career changed. However even if you are doing amazing they will let you go two weeks before your probation is up without reason and with you standing there begging for one. Even when you state all the things you have done well and thinga you have been doing the management agrees but yet no reason is offered because they do not have to. They say how they care but it is clear this company was sadly a waste of my time and i should never have been apart of a team that was not a team. If there were things i needed to work on or improve on i should have been informed however i was not. Was also terminited after being told i was getting a bonus so yea thats cool.... time to work for the competion and bring my speed, efficiency, positive outlook on life and work to a company that will appreciate all the hard work and extra hours pulled without pay.

Pros

Coworkers

They Say They Care and They Show It

I recently lost my job at Waste Connections in Kitchener after working there for many years. I lost my job due to my own fault and now after working at two jobs since I realize that Waste Connections really was a great place to work. I’d give anything to have my job back. They treat people really well here and you aren’t just another number. Management is fair and the maintenance department really takes care of the equipment. I would recommend working here

Pros

Culture, stable, good work team, fun

Cons

Early mornings

Lifes too short

Yes they pay well but at the sacrifice of your mental and emotional health. Cameras in the trucks, disciplining guys for as little as a sip of water on route. If you are ok with low level jail time it's a great company to work at because you are watched like your in a cell, despite telling you that's not the case, .... I've seen the videos.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Selling off too many personal liberties for a job

Not the right place for me

Lots of work. We’ll keep equipment. Fast pass industry. Vary friendly work environment. Down faults are early morning starts. Management lies. Favouritism.

Sales Department

This is a terrible company to work for. Salary is very low. They only pay a low mileage and have to wait to receive pay. They do not welcome new employees well. Everyone has worked there for 20+ and feel entitled. Lots of backstabbing. Lots or wear and tear on your car with no compensation. Lots of late night data entry work that is not recognized or compensated. Very very poor training. Worst training possible. Manager is inexperience ans very difficult to work for. Entitled

Great job

Good group of people! Treat you right and take the time to train you. The only thing that sucked was the smell of the dump sites, and working the odd Saturday.

Would gladly be happy there

Good people helpful, appreciative good management very safety minded Very good maintenance programs for their equipment always on top of ant problems

Great

Great place to work if you like a slow paced job, nice people to work with as well. Fair lunch brakes and are able to take frequent water and bathroom breaks.

Jobs at Waste Connections

See more jobs

Long story

Will discuss if I meet with a company in person . It’s not a good policy to discuss a former company online. There were good days and bad days is the easiest way to put it.

Great Company

Love being on the road and the hardest part of the job is always weather related, example- snow , rain etc. I learn how to drive other vehicles in the yard when needed and get along with fellow employees.

Pros

love to drive

Great Workplace Culture

I love the corporate culture and Servant Leadership Model which holds managers accountable to employees. They take care of their employees, look after them and always looking to better their journey.

good place hard work

good job i think it is the best pay off all garbage and best trucks management could be better i feel so much money being wasted i wish i could run i would double profits if not more. 25 years experience i believe i know it all and more not always and office guy can do what i can i was was a swing driver all this time doing 120 call front end no carry overs. and roll off 8 calls a day. and more i was fired for working to hard 10 years 7 days a week no vacation this is to say the harder you work the more likely you will get fired. all the slow doggers are still there and they will not call me back for job even though i asked to come back . and they need drivers

Pros

good pay

Cons

union and company work together not for employees

Great Company

Good place to work with great work life balance. It is a big company with the small company feel. Management is supportive and do not micro manage. Would recommend working her.

Hard to manage work/life balance

This job is very demanding of your time. consistently working 10-13 hour days in any and all weather conditions. Management does not take into consideration how hot it could be and still expects the job to be done with no change in your pace throughout the day

Cons

Long Hours, Difficult Management

A joke of a company to work for

This company makes a living off of firing and hiring. They lie constantly to their employees and tell them there are chances to move up. Lol. Ya right you will never move up to anything. If they don't like you for any of thousands of reasons they will find a way to push you out. Certain management needs to be fired due to harassment but never will be. Good paychecks are the only thing worth working for here.

Pros

Benefits and money

Cons

No work life balance, horrible management

It's your License. Get Paid For It

Companies Like Waste Connections are not paying enough for your Class 3 license since there are fewer people getting them and trend is to continue into the future. This company is like any other multi-national that are traded publicly. Profits before people at all costs.

Pros

Cons

Publicly Traded company on stock markets. Profit before people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Connections. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement
  • Waste Connections
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?