WASTE CONNECTIONS OF CANADA Employee Reviews

Watch your back.
Everything (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 December 2018
You come in and management loves you everybody says hi to you by your name then boom your fired if you want a secure job look some where else managment tell you they are all ex drivers and that are like you,Its a lie,bait and switch,once they turn on you it's over.
Worst place I have ever been employed ....Everyday when you wake you wonder .Will be fired next?Highest employee turn over in business...
Pros
Going home after 14 hours work
Cons
Managment...
Horrible condition
Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 November 2018
If you want to live to work drive junk that should of been off the road years ago this is your place. Most drivers there can't mind there own business and think they are the best. The management lies to you attracting you in with fake promises and lies and then when your there you can take the truth or leave. Guys running out of hours 4 days into the week so all work and no life .
Pros
Salary and benefits only
Cons
Everything else
Do not care about employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 September 2018
Management and supervisors offer no support work you 12 to 14 hours a day when you say you had enough yell at you. Management and supervisors talk about you badly to other employees. If workplace happens management requests you don’t go through WSIB if you do you get targeted if you don’t they supply thrower then make comments of your faking it .
They have 5 core values which mean nothing to them no care for employees
Pros
Cons
Lots
Major Accounts Sales Coordinator at Waste Connections of Canada
Major Accounts Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  British Columbia12 October 2018
When I started at Waste Connections, it was actually named BFI Canada at the time. Through many acquisitions, the company has grown to what is now Waste Connections of Canada. Although my workload was sometimes overwhelming, I always had full support of my manager and the management team.
Anywhere is better than here
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 August 2018
Terrible place to work! Forced to work 10-12+ hour days, little to no guidance, management is a joke, no care or respect for employees, new staff get treated badly till they leave, don’t except to have a life outside of work you live to work for waste connections.
Benefits
Cons
Management, hours, broken trucks, forced long days, pretty much everything
Poor Management
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2018
No management during evenings,No holidays except Christmas,if garbage spills onto road mechanics clean it up. Garbage smells!They will pay for school.
Pros
Pay for school
Cons
It’s really smells, no statutory holiday except Christmas
Dont bother. Its a really aweful company.
curbside collector (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 October 2018
dont believe me? try it out. you will see. managment sucks. very hard job. no support when needed. customers constantly making your job harder. the general public makes a simple job horrible.
The grass isn't always greener
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 May 2018
All in all this has been the best job I've had. It's not always perfect, no job is. But it is stable, good pay, challenging work and they've really changed their culture and seem to sincerely strive to train us to be better drivers, better people.
I left my role and worked elsewhere for a while, that experience made me realize how great it was, I was given my old job back and I am happy for that.
Pros
social activities, pay, benefits, bonuses, training programs
Cons
coworkers are arrogant/entitled, management should let go of the bad apples
It wasn’t a very busy and productive workplace
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 July 2018
Working at waste connections of Canada was very insightful. It also gave me the work experience I needed to graduate high school. I would work here again if I was given the opportunity
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Very long hours
Worst management ever
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
I still work here and everyday im in constant fear of losing my job. Expect no help if you fall behind due to break downs or anything. Management threatens and treats you like trash.
Cons
Poor management no consideration
It was a great place to work
FEL Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON20 April 2018
Safety first
Driver accountability
A typical day would be that you clock in, get your paperwork, go to your truck and do your circle check. Go do your route marking any complications as you go. when complete, dump out, fuel up and circle check your truck again. any problems report on DVIR and hand it in. Report to dispatch and go over route with dispatch. Clock out.
Great place to work.
Garbage Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC26 July 2018
Good group of people. Management is understanding and helpful. They don’t make you do anything unsafe. Can be hard work. But rewarding if your a hard worker and good with people.
Don't work here if u want an easy job
Side load driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 April 2018
The days are long with broken trucks , management issues. And staff that fight. It's like high school all over again. The pay is good and the benfits are alright. If you need to get experience driving this company will give you that.
Pros
Benfits, pay, free uniform
Cons
Long hours. Management, trucks
Do NOT work here
Residential garbage collection (Former Employee) –  BC, Canada7 June 2018
You won’t have a life outside of work. Expect 12-14 hours daily and back breaking labour. You are out in all weather conditions with trucks that break down all the time.
Pros
Cons
No life outside of work
We hire for Culture!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 February 2018
Honestly, I am very happy to be come to work everyday. It has been the an amazing opportunity to work here. I love the culture of both empowerment and accountability. Waste Connections of Canada will provide with all resources you need to do your job effectively and safely. Our operating values truly reflect our culture and commitment to safety and people.

I am very grateful to be part of this amazing company.
Pros
culture, values and good benefits
Conciliation famille travail nul
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC13 July 2018
Non respect des congés déjà établis, non respect des heures de conduite, être traité comme un moins que rien et finalement salaire bien ordinaire
Work day
Front End Driver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 June 2018
This company tends to terminate staff very easily. It is a unionized environment and management should develop on their leadership skills.fvsvfdvdvdsvds
well paying decent place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2018
management focuses on safety sometimes to a fault.
unionized and well paying salaries range from 22-29$ per hour
would suggest if looking for steady work and are ok with lots of overtime 12-14hrs a day
Pros
good pay
No culture no values
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 April 2018
Company does not operate according to the 4 values preached. Servant Leadship does not exist at Head Office. Employees are overworked and under paid.
Pros
Cons
Untrustworthy
Great Culture. Great compensation. Overall great place to work.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 March 2018
Waste Connections really is a great place to work. I have been employed with the company for only 2.5 years but at the same location for 20 years and our company was acquired through an acquisition in 2016. Over the years I have worked for 3 other companies which have all been sold but I remained on with the new company. I speak from experience when I say that out of the multiple companies I have worked for, Waste Connections is the one that I can truly say cares about its people. The Servant Leadership culture has taught me a lot about how to be a better manager and also a better person in gereral. I have read a lot of the other reviews on Indeed about our company and I noted that most of the bad ones came from former employees who likely couldn't get on board with company expectations or culture. Their loss. If you are considering making the jump - DO IT! You won't be dissapointed!
Pros
Culture. Compensation. Stability. You get to make your own decisions.
Cons
Work-life balance but it's partially my own fault!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WASTE CONNECTIONS OF CANADA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6