Wartsila North America, Inc Employee Review

View all Wartsila North America, Inc reviews

Happy to work
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 August 2018
Work should be something you look forward to, enjoy and learn. Wartsila has a very good work life balance and it gives importance to its employees. The management has an open door policy and most importantly I enjoy what I do as it allows me to interact with everyone in the organization.
Pros
Flexible work hours

Other Wartsila North America, Inc Employee Reviews

Solid company with good values, can be tough working away from HQ
Area IM Manager, Americas (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2019
Wärtsilä is a fantastic company and you will find yourself working alongside great people who truly embody the ethics and values of this almost 200-year old company.

If you are willing to relocate, opportunity abounds and you will be given chances to advance and evolve into new roles. However, if you work outside of Finland or some of the other larger officer centers, it can be difficult to find advancement opportunity.

One ongoing challenge was the time zone difficulty in managing meeting coordinate with differences up to 10 hours back to senior management and 14 hours across our team. This can be stressful to stay in the loop of what is going on while respecting the boundaries with your family.

Overall I would recommend Wärtsilä as an employer, I would just encourage people to go in with eyes open and realize that there are both big positives but also challenges.
Pros
Great company culture, international opportunities and dynamic business
Cons
large time zone differences, limited opportunities without relocation
Great Place to Work
Controller (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 November 2018
Company believes in its employees. They promote education and mentorship. They like to promote within, but they also expect an honest days work. You stay until the job is complete and missing deadlines is not an option
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
can be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wartsila North America, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2