Warren Gibson Ltd

Warren Gibson Ltd Employee Reviews

Fast pace trucking company lots of work hauling automotive parts

Good place to work..lots of miles but home time is minimal..want you to max out your logs every week (70 hrs) usually give you just enough time to reset your logs (36 hrs) and want you back on the truck

Not a fun place to work.

They always try to cut your pay check, often fighting for your dues (receipts). They never satisfied in your work, no recognition. Not a good company to work for.

Pros

Good equipment

Cons

Worst ELD system ever. Bad management and Safety but great Dispatchers

Great place

I worked as a mobile mechanic for Warren Gibson. It was a great job. Worked local in the Honda yard most of the time but also went for service calls outside of town. Great group of techs in the shop. Nice newer shop and had a brand new service truck while I was there.

Pros

Working outdoors, got to travel a lot on service calls. Weekly pay!

Cons

Working outdoors

Bosses dispatch and safety Dept great .. but

The people who actually run the company are great and good to work for but if added stress from outside sources bothers you the company has a lot of drivera who are rude and place rediculas demands on newer drivers ..

Pros

Good people to work for

Cons

Bad people to work with

Great Company

Great company to work for. The owners really take care of their employees and you’re treated like a person, not a number. The work is fast paced and there is plenty of it.

Frustrating Company To Work For

Told upon hiring that extra runs are completely optional, yet I get FORCED to do extra runs on a regular basis, without any warning prior to starting my day. Same excuse everytime, "we have too much local work and u have to do this". If that is truly the case, than hire more local drivers who only do those extras and stop forcing them on your drivers who want nothing to do with them. Also being a Canada only driver, I am not able to smoke marijuana (off the job clearly), even though it is legal in Canada. That rule should only apply to their American drivers. If you have any trailer issues, even though it's a quick fix, you have to bring it to the shop and wait, when they could have fixed the issue b4 u even picked it up.

Pros

New Equipment

Cons

Company Is Ran Horribly

Good place

Hardest part of the job is being away from home 5 or 6 days a week.. but that's trucking. I loved working there and I made some long lasting friendships in and out of the office.

Very good company

I'm only looking at leaving again because, my bills are more than my pay and I love to travel and being honest love the fact that driving goes me a chance to see the country and still be paid.

Pros

Canada is so big and I want to see more of it before I retire

Cons

Not enough traveling now I'm not crossing the border

They go out of there way to make you feel at home. Three days intence orientation.All payed for by them. Everyone is is nice and will to answer your questions.

Pros

Home daily

Cons

Open board for a good year

Don’t waste your time

Family owned typical....you won’t keep your job if a family member wants in. Accounting managers are a joke. If you don’t agree with her always you will be picked on constantly. Micro managing can’t know more then her even if it helps your job. They care only about the owners than the employees. Work Load vs pay is terrible. Manager fakes health conditions to get attention. Also she will whisper about you right in front of you. Be warned.

Jobs at Warren Gibson Ltd

See more jobs

worst dispatcher ive ever dealt with. Above average pay for flatbed.

very good pay on flatbed. very efficient trip scheduling. all waiting time paid. NO TIME ALLOWED OFF had some issues with the dispatcher lying, bullying etc., and quickly found out management cover each others backs. drivers are not valued

Good

Good place to work. Fast paced and fair, decent dispatch. Focused on safety, modern fleet with e logs, well maintained fleet. Decent runs with decent pay and bonuses.

Hard days work for a good days pay!!!

I am a current a local driver with Warren Gibson LTD. For just over two years now, I have yet to find a reason to leave this company. Steady work, great equipment and a scheduled. You don't find that everyday in the trucking industry. If you have any experience with trucking you will find that Warren Gibson LTD is a great place to work.

A honest local driver review

Warren Gibson has decent equipment and very understanding local dispatchers, but sadly, that's all they have to offer. The HR and Safety departments are cold and impersonal. To them you are just a number, which you would not expect from a mid-sized carrier in a small town like Alliston. Sadly, the work culture here is very negative, which is too bad, because they could easily become a great company to work for. Given that quality drivers are currently hard to come by, I hope they realize and correct these problems one day, and start to appreciate their drivers.

Pros

Nice equipment, great local dispatch

Cons

Low income, bad management, no home time, unapproachable safety and HR department

This section irratates me isn't the star questions enough

I really liked working at warren Gibson the pay scale was pretty was decent although could have been a bit better the dispatchers I delt with were great they were helpful funny and friendly

Fast pace

Awesome place to work me and two of my brothers have worked here 30 27 24 years fast pace New trucks and trailers always rolling in every year mechanical issues dealt with in a timely fashion

Low pay

employer sucks, dispatchers suck. Garage staff suck. Everyone miserable all the time Worst job I ever had, one and only good thing is good equip don’t

Had a fun time here. Learned lots about border crossings, (and dispatchers)..lol New equipment and a very well maintained fleet. Good people there that are always willing to help. Highly recommend working here.

Not a bad company to work for.

If they paid better and had more runs it would be a great job. My run takes 9 hours to do and although i have asked for extra work many times,they simply dont have it. As far as the bonus system they have in place,well,lets just say they will do whatever they can to make sure they come up with any reason to take it from you.

Busy invironment

Work needed to get done in timely manner, staying focused was important because of working with numbers. Very close to home and and the hours worked will with my children (when tthey were young)

Great company to work for .

Great company to work for. Would still work there but we moved out of Province. Heavy Loads , moving Honda Car parts. Benefits, bonus, Training, Great Equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warren Gibson Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement