Warehouse Services, Inc Employee Reviews for Material Handler

High stress job for low pay.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, IL23 April 2019
12 dollars an hour, you can get that at McDonalds. Just go work there. There is absolutely no reason you should stress out your body to the point of extreme exhaustion for this wage. A fair wage should be 19 dollars an hour for all of the work you do.
Cons
Swing shift 7 days in a row, horrible boss, horrible pay, constant 12 hour shifts
Understaffed and under paid
Security clerk / material handler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, IL29 January 2019
In my short career with WSI, I was lied to from the start. I was hired for days and and was told they were switching to 12 hr shift in 2-3 months. A month in an I was switched to 12/hr and nights. The company is full of nepotism and they have the highest turnover rate while keeping the company at minimum staff. The pay rate is the lowest in the area compared to the other warehouses in the area. I unfortunately developed blood clots in my leg and my lung while employed and was terminated while on medical leave. They waited until the day before my 90 day period to term me. If you’re in security like I was you work every holiday while the entire warehouse closes and you will NOT get holiday pay or anything to compensate. Cheap company that doesn’t care about their employees.
Poor training
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington IL26 January 2019
If you can deal with very POOR TRAINING, UNORGANIZED situations, unpredictable hours, lack of communication and a very stressful environment then WSI in Wilmimgton il is the place for you.

Lack of equipment, system issues, inventory problems are just some of the many frustrations you will face working there.

The site manager and Senior ops manager are the most INCOMPETENT and UNQUALIFIED managers I have ever worked for. They expect to resolve all the issues right from the comfort of their office.

JUST A LITTLE ADVICE TO THE MANAGERS: Leave your offices more than twice a year. Talk to your employees on the floor, ask questions, get more involved with the operations, know the facts, stop being so arrogant and do not push training to the back burner.

Between the lack of employees and the HIGH turnover rate expect to work lots of mandatory OVERTIME. Let me warn you; This is not your typical 40hr job.

The benefits are good, 401K, medical, profit sharing, quarterly bonuses. They do a christmas party for the kids.
Benefits
Cons
Incompetent And Unqualified Managers
Great Workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, IN18 October 2018
A typical day at work would be bagging powder, using a forklift, building boxes, etc. You can get signed off on different tasks for merit increases. I really enjoy working a rotating shift, it makes it easier for scheduling things on my time off of work. WSI likes to take care of their employees.
Pros
cookouts, benefits, profit sharing, company events
evansville
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN17 October 2018
I just got hired in Evansville. It's a pretty easy job overall. The benefits are good and you can move up if you want to. There's some cool bonuses you can get too for perfect attendance and safety bingo.
Pros
benefits, profit sharing plan
Awful Job site to work at.
Raw Material Handler Inner Plant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, IL15 August 2018
I would not recommend this WSI job site in Ottawa IL, for sabic. The pay scale is totally off. You do more than what a warehouse material handler have to do. You’re working at a plant. Backing in your own trailers, and spotting rail cars can be stressful due to the lack of employees. Hearing employees complain. Walkie Talkies not working. Vending machines stealing your money. Bathroom ceilings leaking badly. Scanners don’t properly work on forklifts. Having to work 12hrs shift when you don’t want to. Not only you work around resin and breath it but youalso work in the hot and cold while wearing all your PPE.
Pros
Experience
Cons
12$, 7 days on 2 days off, Nights, Weekends, 12hrs Shift, Resin powder
Great Company to Work For!
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, IL19 July 2018
WSI has a great benefits package along with a fantastic leadership team that makes working for this company a wonderful experience. The culture is very family oriented and the company loves to give back to its employees. Safety is their number one priority and that differentiates them from most other places to work in the area. I am very happy to keep working here at WSI!
Benefits are decent. Management is terrible.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, IL9 July 2018
The health benefits are decent.
The place is ran like a frat house, if you're not one of the frat boys you can be targeted, and if you ask for paperwork to back up their claims, they make excuses and act offended. There is no structure and the motto is pretty much "whatever works for today"
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Everything else
Machine Operator
Material Handler/Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IN4 June 2017
Hang bags to fill with plastic pellets or powder, tie bags and fork truck to a trailer for shipping. Build boxes for other lines to fill with plastic materials. Load pallets on palletizers. Make labels for each bag or box. Call out/in trailers for loading and shipping.
ware house services
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  aiken sc3 October 2015
A good job for people just getting into the workforce or out of jail. The starting pay was very low for the hard work. It was a great way to enter the work force and build your work history.
CDL Class A Tractor Trailer Driver
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MD13 April 2015
This company does not have a good work/life balance.
This company does it compensate well.
This company does have great benefits.
This company does not have job security or advancement opportunities.
No Appreciation
o Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC14 July 2014
They do not have any appreciation for their employees, and do not offer any employee benefits or incentives.
Good things happened when i was there.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC18 August 2013
Chance to work hard, lots of overtime. Co-workers worked hard. The hardest part was having to spend so many hours there whether there was work or not.
Pros
Christmas rewards, Health insurance, Reliable paychecks.
Cons
Unpaid hours, attendance was strict.