Warehouse Services, Inc Employee Reviews

High stress job for low pay.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, IL23 April 2019
12 dollars an hour, you can get that at McDonalds. Just go work there. There is absolutely no reason you should stress out your body to the point of extreme exhaustion for this wage. A fair wage should be 19 dollars an hour for all of the work you do.
Cons
Swing shift 7 days in a row, horrible boss, horrible pay, constant 12 hour shifts
buen ambiente
Bramli USA (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA18 February 2019
buen lugar para trabajar y muy amables todos los empleadores
Understaffed and under paid
Security clerk / material handler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, IL29 January 2019
In my short career with WSI, I was lied to from the start. I was hired for days and and was told they were switching to 12 hr shift in 2-3 months. A month in an I was switched to 12/hr and nights. The company is full of nepotism and they have the highest turnover rate while keeping the company at minimum staff. The pay rate is the lowest in the area compared to the other warehouses in the area. I unfortunately developed blood clots in my leg and my lung while employed and was terminated while on medical leave. They waited until the day before my 90 day period to term me. If you’re in security like I was you work every holiday while the entire warehouse closes and you will NOT get holiday pay or anything to compensate. Cheap company that doesn’t care about their employees.
Poor training
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington IL26 January 2019
If you can deal with very POOR TRAINING, UNORGANIZED situations, unpredictable hours, lack of communication and a very stressful environment then WSI in Wilmimgton il is the place for you.

Lack of equipment, system issues, inventory problems are just some of the many frustrations you will face working there.

The site manager and Senior ops manager are the most INCOMPETENT and UNQUALIFIED managers I have ever worked for. They expect to resolve all the issues right from the comfort of their office.

JUST A LITTLE ADVICE TO THE MANAGERS: Leave your offices more than twice a year. Talk to your employees on the floor, ask questions, get more involved with the operations, know the facts, stop being so arrogant and do not push training to the back burner.

Between the lack of employees and the HIGH turnover rate expect to work lots of mandatory OVERTIME. Let me warn you; This is not your typical 40hr job.

The benefits are good, 401K, medical, profit sharing, quarterly bonuses. They do a christmas party for the kids.
Benefits
Cons
Incompetent And Unqualified Managers
Great Workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, IN18 October 2018
A typical day at work would be bagging powder, using a forklift, building boxes, etc. You can get signed off on different tasks for merit increases. I really enjoy working a rotating shift, it makes it easier for scheduling things on my time off of work. WSI likes to take care of their employees.
Pros
cookouts, benefits, profit sharing, company events
wilmington
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, IL18 October 2018
I really like my job and my team. Management is nice and they provide a good workplace culture. I look forward to working my way up to being a shift lead one day.
nice company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, IL17 October 2018
I work at the wilmington warehouse. A typical day is moving tires around or driving fork trucks. The managers and HR are super nice to you and they even give you vending machine money when you start. They catered lunch to us already too since I've been here. You can move up to.
Pros
vending machine money, insurance, bonus
evansville
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN17 October 2018
I just got hired in Evansville. It's a pretty easy job overall. The benefits are good and you can move up if you want to. There's some cool bonuses you can get too for perfect attendance and safety bingo.
Pros
benefits, profit sharing plan
It's a joke
Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, IL29 September 2018
Stay away, this place has no idea what they are doing. They'll hire anything with a heartbeat just to keep stuff moving. They look down on staff and treat you like you have the plague
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Everything, even the dirt on the ground gets treated better than employees
could be alot better
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elwood, IL16 August 2018
they start you out with orientation like any other company after that they try to place you some where in the warehouse usually not the job you want to do just where they need you. so 13 dollars and hour is what you will make unless your throwing tires then you get paid by the weight of the truck. Where you could make good money if you could move enough tires fast enough. but over all some supervisors can be good while some are absolutely horrible and ask way to much and try to intimidate you. so if you cant handle that this job is not for you. most of the warehouse office staff is all related so moving up is very unlikely unless you do some major but kissing. the benefits are the best part about the job blue cross blue shield so theirs that. other then that i could not recommend this company for long term. If your fresh out of highschool and you need your first job would be a great place. Or even if your hurting for money it can help till you find something better. I do have some friends who still work there but most have left and found much better jobs. either way find out for your self enjoy!
Awful Job site to work at.
Raw Material Handler Inner Plant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, IL15 August 2018
I would not recommend this WSI job site in Ottawa IL, for sabic. The pay scale is totally off. You do more than what a warehouse material handler have to do. You’re working at a plant. Backing in your own trailers, and spotting rail cars can be stressful due to the lack of employees. Hearing employees complain. Walkie Talkies not working. Vending machines stealing your money. Bathroom ceilings leaking badly. Scanners don’t properly work on forklifts. Having to work 12hrs shift when you don’t want to. Not only you work around resin and breath it but youalso work in the hot and cold while wearing all your PPE.
Pros
Experience
Cons
12$, 7 days on 2 days off, Nights, Weekends, 12hrs Shift, Resin powder
Best Job I've Ever Had
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN20 July 2018
I started at this company with little experience and have become very educated on how to operate a forklift. Management is always there to help you out and so are your co-workers. I enjoy coming to work every day and feel like I'm in a very safe atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, benefits
Great Company to Work For!
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, IL19 July 2018
WSI has a great benefits package along with a fantastic leadership team that makes working for this company a wonderful experience. The culture is very family oriented and the company loves to give back to its employees. Safety is their number one priority and that differentiates them from most other places to work in the area. I am very happy to keep working here at WSI!
Great place to work!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, IN18 July 2018
WSI truly cares about their employees. They offer great benefits and several different bonus opportunities. Employees are taken care of - lots of cookouts and quarterly events. WSI also promotes from within, so there is plenty of room for advancement. I highly recommend working for this great company!
Benefits are decent. Management is terrible.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, IL9 July 2018
The health benefits are decent.
The place is ran like a frat house, if you're not one of the frat boys you can be targeted, and if you ask for paperwork to back up their claims, they make excuses and act offended. There is no structure and the motto is pretty much "whatever works for today"
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Everything else
Old fashioned values in a new age
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, IL22 January 2018
Family owned business with engaged ownership and top executives who grew up in business. They all work hard and expect you to as well.They offer bonuses for all employees and many other perks you don't see much any more but expect a lot from employees. You won't be around long if you don't fit their profile but the folks who stay around have good opportunity to succeed. Owner will personally help associates when necessary and has on many occasions but is very unforgiving if you cross him, his company his choice. I wish I had found them earlier in my career.
Pros
Engaged Executives who have been there themeselves
Cons
some top managers manage by intimidation
Great place to work overall
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC24 July 2017
WSI is a great company to work for if you work hard you can climb the ladder. They do take care of their people and management will usually help you and get you where you need to be job wise. its hard work and sometimes a lot of hours but it wont kill you. Ive learned a lot at WSI. Some aspects of the company I don't agree with such as lay offs and bonus and pay freezes. The Michelin account where I am a supervisor at corvette is currently undergoing a lay off due to a lost account at another company. This is the only reason I would leave the company.
Pros
Management cares about thier employees, benifets
Cons
lay offs
Machine Operator
Material Handler/Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IN4 June 2017
Hang bags to fill with plastic pellets or powder, tie bags and fork truck to a trailer for shipping. Build boxes for other lines to fill with plastic materials. Load pallets on palletizers. Make labels for each bag or box. Call out/in trailers for loading and shipping.
Family Style Atmosphere
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PA10 May 2017
Very tight group. Great place to work. Not a lot of locations on the east coast in major cities. Rewarded for good performance. Takes care of their people. Not a number, but a name and face. Growing company.
Pros
Family style atmosphere
Cons
Not a lot of locations
Friendly and Helpful employees
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, IL14 January 2017
Everyone works as a team. 401K and profit sharing, paid lunches
They keep you busy so the day go by fast. The management team treats you like family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warehouse Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.