Warehouse One Employee Reviews

RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE & KEYHOLDER, PT (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB11 May 2019
Working at Warehouse one was very enjoyable, the manager there made it easy to come to work and enjoy it. She brought life and happiness to the store. There was never one complaint working with her.

On a typical day you come in you check the log for the tasks that need to be completed for the day. We would get stock everyday that would get put away either that day or the next, depending on shipment size. Keeping the store clean and tidy was a big part of our daily tasks.
Customers were always our number one focus, and we would always attend to them first.
Enjoyable Work Place
Part-Time Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB13 April 2019
You go in an help other customers find suitable styles and outfits. I learned a lot about clothing and fabrics. The management was alright, nothing way to serious. There wasn't really anything to hard about working at Warehouse One. The most enjoyable thing, was trying on clothes during the break and hanging with the other co-workers. Work hours that can be scheduled around your time and school.
Pros
Discount, Free Schedule, Co-workers and Customers
Cons
Customers that are rude and come in at the last minute.
Put in their C.A.R.E.S
Full Time Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB8 April 2019
Low wage but great company.
Benefits were quick and easy to work with.
I really liked what the company stood for ( diversity, Body positive, consistent charity contributions)
Amazing Manager at time of employment
Pros
Intent of good work enviroment
Cons
Low wage.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT6 April 2019
I absolutely loved working here, the job was always great to come to. Days were short and easy as the staff and fast paced environment made the work days fly by.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB22 March 2019
Cleaning, folding and greeting customers was a typical day. Management was great! Don't really have anything else to say. Never a bad day there! Learned a lot of tips and tricks about retail
Will screw up your tax return -A real review
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 March 2019
The job overall isn’t bad if you want something stress free and easy. That being said you also are getting paid minimum wage unless you are in a manager position. Unless you are a diehard fan of their clothes the discount doesn’t make up for much. There’s not much room for advancement in pay or position, with the higher up positions being held by people that have had that position for many years. Pay increases generally aren’t given depending on length of employment, only if you move up in position or if minimum wage happens to go up. If you do choose to work here you will have to get them to take an excessive amount of extra money taken off for taxes just so you will not owe anything. Multiple people including myself that work for them end up owing, even after we’ve already had them take extra off of every cheque. They do not take even the minimum tax percent off your pay. In store management that I experienced was good, higher up management like district managers can be hit and miss. You either get someone that cares about you or someone that does not. No in between. Definitely NOT a full time job, even if you have a “full time” position you are not getting 40 hours a week. Unless you have another job you cannot support your life off of this job alone. Employment here is ideal for anyone looking for part time only. Hours vary every week as well, you usually will not have the same hours every week. The till can be extremely confusing, they don’t have their system set up to properly accommodate some transactions, you will end up doing math and cut around processes just to do  more... a return. Adding to this, they do not give you clear instruction on who to call during certain situations, or back up options if someone isn’t available. If you end up contacting the wrong person, even just sending an email to the wrong department or store you will get scolded. There are a lot of times where you will not get an answer and have to figure problems out for yourself. You listen to the same annoying songs all day everyday. Rarely do they drop a song or add a new one to the mix. You can be listening to the same thing for a year. Higher up management can have impossible high expectations for a lower volume store, resulting in more discipline than praise. There is too many expectations for you, and goals you have to meet, to be getting little to no reward for it.  less
Pros
Discount, stress free, easy, fun co-workers
Cons
Not full time, no advancement oppertunities, low pay, confusing, staff is low priority
Warehouse One Summary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT19 February 2019
It was a decent job. a lot of organization and tidying up a lot as well as folding clothes and being able to eye out matching clothing pieces together that would ceate a good outfit.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC5 February 2019
working at warehouse one was a change but the job atmosphere was fun great place to be friendly co-workers there isn't a bad/mean thing to say about my time there
Fun work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB29 January 2019
Selling clothing retail is a great first job experience, the environment is so much fun. Every day was different and presented new challenges but the management made it so much easier.
Great company to work for
Drayton Valley - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB27 January 2019
Great company to work for. Would recommend. Benefits are amazing. A lot of room to grow in the company. I enjoyed working for this company more than any other company so far
Benefits
I love WH1
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON10 January 2019
Overall a very enjoyable work place. I was the Assistant Manager for almost 2 years and we had a great staff and great customers. Feels like a family business while still being very professional.
Pros
Small staff, very friendly & regular customers.
Enjoyable work environment
4th Key Holder/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 December 2018
Great environment to challenge yourself professionally and watch yourself grow through improving statistics in your sales ability. The company itself is very wholesome and understanding. Everyone feels like your friend, even associates from other stores that you communicate with often.
Wonderful colleagues
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2018
I enjoyed my time at Warehouse One but the salary was very low and the work/life balance was poor. They lost many people during my time there and did not replace them as they should have but just spread the work out amongst those remaining. Employees were badly underappreciated and undervalued.
Amazing place to work in
The Warehouse One (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 December 2018
The people at warehouse one are the best. The employer and company cares for their employees. The pay is minimum wage but the store is amazing. Very chill and fun to work in
Terrible place to work. Terrible management, terrible company.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON7 December 2018
This company allows people to get away with serious and illegal actions. Nothin is ever done because the management is too close. Once you get higher up to regional managers they dismiss you saying you’re a child and a liar. They should not be allowed to get away with this but they do.
Pros
None. Other than 50% off clothes.
Cons
Terrible management, terrible regional managers
productive an fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2018
overall its a good place to work. the company is great and the management is awesome. working in retail is fun and hard both . you get to meet lots of different people everyday.
Nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 August 2018
This was an enjoyable place to work The store was always kept tidy and organized. Daily cleaning was done to ensure the store was up to standard. This is in a shopping center.
Nice ladies to work with.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 May 2018
It is overall a good place for jeans, not so much clothes but that’s okay. the ladies there are nice (to your face) felt like I was lied to and talked about behind my back but, what can you do right?
Pros
50% off clothing
Cons
Liars
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK15 May 2018
I love working for Warehouse One. I love my manger and she is flexible with my schedule with needing days off for doctor appointments. My co-workers are very nice to.
Not a good palce
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 April 2018
Not a good, job didn't like the environment. They would give me full-time hours when I was a part-time, as a student going to school full-time that was not okay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warehouse One. Our community is ready to answer.