Warehouse One Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2018
Managers not interested in growing their employees. More interested in putting you down to make themselves feel better if your sale statistics are better than theirs. No interest in protecting employees from shoplifting and abusive customers. Constantly blaming employees for theft rather than employing better procedures like locked changerooms and security tags. DO NOT GO INTO MANAGEMENT HERE
Pros
Full benefits for full time employees
Cons
Poor management, mistreatment
Poor management, bad environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2018
Company isn't run well - managers are young and immature, unable to fully lead a team to success. Not much availability for hours, yet copious amounts of staff are hired.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB15 February 2018
This company makes for a great starter job for people in high school, but is also an incredible company to work at no matter what stage of your life you are in.
Warehouse One
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 February 2018
Warehouse One was an excellent place to have started for clothing retail job experience, they taught everything from taking inventory, having a new floor set to do, to awesome customer service.
Good start
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB5 January 2018
I only worked here part time while in high school.I learned a lot of people skills and how to assist customers. I built relationships with each person i helped.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2017
Warehouse one is a great company to work for. The company ensures employee happiness. Most locations are managed extremely well aside from the odd location.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Can be slow at times
Very productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB7 November 2017
A typical day at work for me was to fold clothes and keep the tables tidy. And to help customers into there dressing rooms. What i learned is how to deal with customers and fold clothes properly.Management is very important in a work place. Workplace culture goals and dealing with the business. The hardest part of my job was to deal with the customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was to meet new people.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
not long hours
Productive full-filling work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB1 November 2017
The work was a very calm place that was easy to work with. The people you worked with in my opinion definitely made things easier especially when not all people are easy to get along with. Management really did care whether or not you were happy and tried their best to resolve possible issues with little to no harm between co-worker or customers. my favourite part of the job is always those few customers you get to take special care of in order to make sure they were happy with their choices and they left with smiles on their faces; excited to wear their new pair of jeans the next day.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Some heavy lifting required
Learned about the retail industry.
Sales Associate (Seasonal Help) (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB29 October 2017
I would promote clothing and sales, as well as helping customers find the right size and style. Also would run the cash register, typing in promotions or coupons. Would clean up after the end of each day (mirrors, floor, garbages). In addition would process stock and put it on hangers or fold.
Pros
Bettered my customer service
Cons
Very few hours and only a seasonal job
warehouse one
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2017
well, I was at warehouse one, I worked in the back unpacking the clothing, and then putting the items on the hangers, I got an hour break, well I was there the other coworker liked me.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
cold in store
Warehouse One the Jean Store
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 September 2017
Very good place to learn and build confidence as a individual. Enjoyable and fun. Helps you grow and learn new things on the daily. Everyone that you work with strives for perfection like any good retail store should.
warehouse one
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2017
Good place to work. A typical day consisted of putting away stock and keeping the store clean while helping customers with their needs. Slow paced job.
First job with amazing results
Acting Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC27 August 2017
Warehouse One was my first real job experience at the age of 15. I started as a sales associate and was given the opportunity to progress with opening and closing duties. I was about to be promoted to Senior Sales when we got word that the store was closing down. This job taught me how to handle a lot of responsibility at a young age as well as spawned my love for making every customer happy.
not fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2017
workplace is unprofessional and management is laughable. it's not fun and for a male in this workplace, it is vary controversial and they are willing to hire almost anyone regardless if they have the skills to be in a retail setting
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
management is laughable and vary unprofessional
was a good company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 August 2017
Warehouse one, had some great people, with next to no conflict between us. our managers were respectable but pushy. i was in high school and they were not considerate of my school hours and homework time.
Pros
split breaks
2 thumbs down
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2017
I had a terrible boss when I worked at warehouse one. The staff was awful and so was the pay. staff had zero respect for anyone walking through and training was horrid.
Productive, friendly place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 June 2017
Despite the all girl team, everyone is friendly and hardworking. Would be nice to have male staff due to girls liking gossip. Fun fast paced job that's good for first time workers or long time employment.
Pros
Paid breaks
Not the greatest
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB22 June 2017
Store manager was wonderful, we got along great. However, the head office management was not very productive and didn't seem to care about the staff. I had some personal issues and i felt as though I had been looked down upon. I ended up being full time key holder, and I lost hours, my full time hours had been given to a part time employee who had only been there a short time, and I feel it was because I needed to take some personal time (which had been discussed in advance). If they wanted to take my hours, they should have informed me first.
Cons
Unfair treatment
worked there a long time ago
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
i worked at warehouse one over 7 years ago, so i do not remember too much about it. I loved getting discounts on clothes and the management was amazing
Great management and staff also clothing line is amazing
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 June 2017
The upper management at Warehouse One were always helpful and quick with responses to any and all problems that would arise. The customers were always friendly and loved the clothing line. The staff was trained properly in customer service, health and safety and everyday tasks and duties. There were perks like Christmas parties and purchasing perks such ad friend and family day. this is where friends and family would, for one day , be able to take advantage of the same discounts on clothing the management and staff received on a daily basis.
Pros
extremely high price discount