Warehouse One - The Jean Store Employee Reviews

met some nice people
Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2018
I was a senior sales associate supervising young co workers
making bank deposits, redoing the inside of the store, greeting new customers, cleaning, putting clothes away
Pros
only 1 half hour break
Cons
longs days, no benefits
Fun staff but horrible management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 August 2018
To prepare for this job is grueling. About 24 hours of reading which most of it is forgotten within the first day of working.

The staff was fun, friendly, and energetic people. Loved everyone I worked with. The managers were a different story. At my story we had 3 managers and all 3 had different plans for the store.

I'd be told by one manager to fold clothes but the 2nd manager would tell me to deal with customers, the 1st would come back and complain I wasn't folding clothes. The 3rd would ask me to clean then the 1st would come back and give me trouble for not folding clothes. The 2nd would ask why I'm not dealing with customers.

When I was cleaning or folding clothes I was told to IGNORE customers that approached me and tell them (politely) to find another staff member.

It gave me a headache just working there.

They'd also force help on customers. I had plenty of customers tell me that they were fine and did not want help but the managers would then get mad at staff for not helping the customer.

I felt like the managers were toying with me. Once got told to hurry up and put clothes away but then got told I was moving too fast and doing the job too quickly and to move slowly, then got told I was going too slow and move fast and get the job done ASAP. As well as folding clothes the one manager stood beside me with a timer cause she wanted to see if I could meet her requirements. (about 10 boxes of clothes in 25 minutes.)

You got decent amount of breaks which are paid. It's a huge bonus.. Bonuses if you sold the most items in your store (though if you
  more... work part time you don't have a chance.) And it is a fairly easy and straightforward job.

To take time off or request for different shifts was a hassle. The managers would make the shift and that was it. If you wanted it changed, you'd have to hunt down and bribe other staff members to take the shift and then ok it with managers (half the time they said no.) I even requested time off a month in advance and got put on the days I asked off and got told I had to find people who would cover my shifts then.

Advancement is also questionable. One of the girls I worked with had been working there for a year and a half and got a 10 cent raise and that's it.

If you land a store that has decent managers, this job is fantastic. It's fun, easy, and enjoyable. If you are a people person than you are going to adore every moment of working here.
Pros
Paid breaks. Easy.
Cons
Management. No advancement opportunities.
Terrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON7 December 2018
Terrible management. Mangers think they’re better than everyone else when they make an extra 2 dollars than us. Company doesn’t care about employees as were easily replaced. Management is allowed to get away with things without worrying about regional managers and general managers reprimanding them as they’re all best buddies.
Pros
Paid breaks and 50% off clothes
Cons
Terrible management, regional managers are terrible
Okay environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT24 December 2018
Warehouse one is good for a person who wants to come out of their shell . A typical day at work, everyday is different it could be really busy or it good be super dead meaning nobody comes in. I've learnt to do bank statements something I never thought I'd do. Management inst the great I find. I find they have favorite within the team members which I dont like.
Cons
Not enough pay, or hours
Fun and upbeat places to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB25 January 2019
Amazing people, both the customers and the employees. Great management and just a fun environment over all. A typical day is pretty standers for a clothing store. Sizing, returns, customer interactions, and cleaning. The best part of the job was by far the atmosphere. Very laid back and comfortable.
Comfortable and fun job!
Sales rep, keyholder, and shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC26 September 2018
Working with Warehouse One is extremely hands on, and goal oriented which makes it a fun but demanding position. An awesome company to begin your journey into sales with!
Pros
Discount, flexible hours, wage increases
Cons
Management, communication
Horrible management experience, but good company
Part time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2018
Besides the horrible management dealt with in the year of working there, I would say it was a really great job to have as a part-time job in high school. Was trained well and would recommend for sure.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
management can be iffy
Difficult Team, District Manager unsupportive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK2 November 2018
Liked the environment and pay, but found the staff cliquey and unsupportive. District Manager provided little to no support and training. Found it difficult to adjust to the company and had expectations to do that without any support.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad corporate
Great work place not so great managment
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK22 July 2018
I loved everything from the customers and the products and the duties needing to be done. The management was the only reason I left. I loved that job.
Pros
Great products
Cons
management
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  British Columbia15 June 2018
This is a great company to work for! They are very fair and the head office support office has a genuine interest and care in their employees. Would highly reccomend it if you are considering a job with them.
Pros
Paid breaks, 50% discount, flexible hours, great co-workers and manager
Cons
Mediocre Pay
Productive and fun
Sales Assosciate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2015
When working at Warehouse One the Jean Store, everyday was a fun experience because we always had something to do. We were either helping out customers, cleaning out the change rooms, re--folding clothes or re-stocking our shelves. Every day was fast-paced fun and we of course had some customers that didn't like us that much but we still smiled and helped them out. We learned how to use the register in almost all of its entirety's except for management. We learned how to fold the clothing, re-stock and do inventory. The hardest part of the day was probably when it slowed down to 1-2 customers or none because you could finish everything and then couldn't help but get bored. The most enjoyable was when we were in our rush hour time because we got to help lots of customers make them smile and always had things to do so working was easy and the time flew by during those times. It was also good at those times because of the community the co-workers had with each other we were basically like a family so no one was afraid to ask the others for help. All in all it was a very fun motivating experience.
Pros
Great community and understanding
Cons
Short lunch break
Great environment and great people
Managment (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB1 March 2017
Helping customers in a fast and courteous fashion
I learned so much in my many years there. From payroll, to every style of jean and how they will and should fit each body type.
The management was excellent, I was than promoted to assistant manager, and than to manager myself.
The hardest part of my job as a manager was to do evaluations, and have to let people go.
The most enjoyable parts were the staff and regular customers.
Great place to gain sales knowledge
Keyholder/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB28 October 2013
Open and close the store, monitor daily sales, attend to customers' needs.
I learned a lot of great fashion tips, that perseverance pays off and that it's okay to reward myself for a job well done.
Management was spectacular as well as co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was folding all the messy clothes!
The most enjoyable part was the staff, more or less a second family.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Part time
Decent temporary job
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC23 July 2015
Sales targets and customer service are the number one goal. Direct manager was great but upper management had conflicting views. Had some really good coworkers. The hardest part of the job would be not being appreciated/compensated for hard work and goal achievements..
Pros
Willing to work around school schedule.
Cons
Minimal hours (new employees got more hours) and no wage increase in two years.
Warehouse One the Jean Store
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 September 2017
Very good place to learn and build confidence as a individual. Enjoyable and fun. Helps you grow and learn new things on the daily. Everyone that you work with strives for perfection like any good retail store should.
Very nice place to work clean and tidy. Good Benefits and friendly staff.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gander, NL24 January 2017
I enjoy working at Warehouse one, very accommodating and friendly. Management is very understanding and willing to help.
Pros
Bonuses when applicable, scheduling, Medical
Cons
Focus on hit rate
Great place to work, very team oriented
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON22 February 2013
The hours were flexable but not available.
The people were fun to work with.
I learned great customer service and people skills such as conflict resolution.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being left with a job to complete, there was employee-employer trust.
The worst part of the job was the varying hours.
Pros
great atmosphere, very clean and organized.
Cons
not enough hours, and sometimes lots of drama between employees.
Productive, friendly place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 June 2017
Despite the all girl team, everyone is friendly and hardworking. Would be nice to have male staff due to girls liking gossip. Fun fast paced job that's good for first time workers or long time employment.
Pros
Paid breaks
Great job, no room for advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  BC14 January 2017
Great place to work, however no room for growth after manager. Management is not payed well for the work load. Learn lots,
Great associates
Interim as assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB9 December 2015
Great associates, But can be challenging making sure everyone has their best attitude during long days. Company is not about how much money you can spend they are based on making sure the consumer looks and feels great about them selves.
Pros
Great team and promotes self confidence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warehouse One - The Jean Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Warehouse One - The Jean Store Reviews by Location