Warehouse One - The Jean Store

Warehouse One - The Jean Store Employee Reviews

Canada165 reviews
Questionable Tactics
I was employed for Warehouse One for a short period of time when I first arrived to Powell River, British Columbia. The experience I gained from the supervisors, manager, and upper management where different as when the store was successful they didn't appreciate their staff. Many times called in when it was not busy & then having 4 people on wasn't necessary & we didn't turn much out in profit.
Great job great memories
I started as a temp seasonal employee and worked my way up to store manager. It was a great job and wonderful experience. I only left because the company closed most of the Ontario stores.
Definitely wouldn't recommend
This is going to be long. When i first worked there, it was fine for the most part. Management was iffy but the customers were great, the assistant manager was good as well as the staff. The training was okay and pretty laid back.

When i first started i was part-time. But due to reasons i was looking for another job while still wanting to work this one. I told the manager and she immediately refused. Saying she'd give me full-time hours instead, but she didn't want me to get another job. At the time it seemed good.

Working there i saw just how terrible the manager would treat certain staff. She'd pick on a single person until they quit. And when the last person quit i was picked on. I got blamed for things that weren't my fault, accused of sleeping on folding tables (I'm a overweight insecure person and those tables aren't strong). And no matter what i said, because theres no cameras and the person who accused me worked there longer. They refused to believe me. I got accused for so many things to the point where i thought i was in the wrong and i did something. Its only now that employers after had said they had absolutely no problems with me that i realize, I had done nothing wrong.

So many things had happen there. And especially i highly recommend not working there (a regular customer who is a known friend of the manager would come in, and her child called me a n***er and other staff had heard. When i told my manager she laughed.)

I remember asking her why no guys worked there and she had said it was because boys were incompetent and lazy, and if a boy had good
 - more...
Pros
Customers, some staff
Cons
Terrible management, unpredictable schedules, sexist
amazing workplace
it was always a welcoming place with amazing people, always getting things done and always had that work/life balance. The hardest part about working in this workplace are the not so positive customers but the positive ones really help balance it out and make it all worth it.
This company is hands down one of the best I’ve worked for. They are committed not only to their customers but also their employees. I’d definitely recommend to anyone looking for a retail position
Collabortive and fun
I really enjoyed working here. There was a small staff but they were all very friendly and knoweledgeable. The only reason I left was becauseI needed more hours.
The worse to be employed
I started working there as a high school student transferring over from the fast food industry. As months went by management made up new rules everyday, talked behind employees backs , and even hid clothing items or threw them in the damaged bin for donations when stock just came in hours before for them to take later as they where the only once allowed touch the donation bin. Sometimes you would work open to close all by yourself as they do not have reliable staff including management. District manager was useless when it came to common complaint with actually proof like management stealing and formed new rules around it to justify actions overall that is the utter most beginning and I would not recommend to be employed at Warehouse One and do not even think to support them as a local Canadian business
Pathetic management , bad pay, and you are replaceable .
Warehouse one doesn’t care and treats alll employees like pigs. Brutal job environment at the Thunder Bay store. I can go on and on... ask any employee.
Pros
Paid break and employee discount
Cons
Management, replaceable
Overall
Warehouse One is a fun working environment, you’re almost like a family. You’re always helping new costumers and the positive feed back really improves the way you feel and work. Everyone is supportive and friendly
Pros
Friendly, always busy or helping someone.
Cons
Sometimes not guaranteed hours.
Only take this job as a last resort
Tons of favouritism with the DM and certain managers, horrible pay, no work/life balance, managers get a ridiculous workload for little pay. You’re expected to make this job your life, your physical and mental health does not matter to them.
Good In-Store but Poor Upper Management
I quite enjoyed my job for the most part - flexible hours, good coworkers (most of the time). But the upper management was not very good, and do not show appreciation for staff members. They took away the one staff meeting per year that we got (also used as a christmas get together) because they "couldn't afford it". If a customer complains about you (even if it's not true), you'll likely get written up for it.
Great Place
I have been with this company for almost 2 years. I love the atmosphere, the people, most of my customers , but most of all the higher up people ( DM/RM ) They work hard, my DM is supportive, there when I need someone to bring me back up with energy, enthusiasm and to relax a little. I think we create our own stress, change is everywhere and I enjoy my job and working for this company
Easy going but still structured to complete tasks.
Typical day at work included receiving stock, stocking shelves, cleaning change rooms, putting customers into change rooms, put backs, assisting customers at the till, cleaning, and closing of the till. I learned a lot about how to deal with difficult customers, become comfortable at the till with returns and exchanges. For the most part the job was relaxed, no part of the job was particularily difficult. I loved the people that I worked with; they made the long days go by much faster.
Pathetic
Everything about Warehouse One is pathetic. Management is terrible, this includes higher up management . They do not care for their employees. Other than the 50% employee discount , it is a the most stressful job , constantly walking on eggshells. It’s very laid back and easy, but every little thing is turned into stressEveryday there’s always some new rules , everyday higher up management is mad. There is so much victimization here. The pay is brutal. Manager and assistant manager hardly make more than part time people. They treat you terribly with no respect and higher up managemen job seems to do the blame game and yell, call us names. Not fair. management will yell and call you names. Warehouse one is a disgrace and does everything wrong, never “by th
Enjoyable work
The discount was great, employees were good but upper management was not. Was definitely not worth working for, made work very unpleasant but overall the rest of the work was awesome
Not worth the toxic environment
Management here is a joke, I had worked here for two years prior and once they got a new manager I was basically bullied out of my job. I don’t recommend every one there isn’t even happy to be there and it’s very disappointing
Poor
I was hounded for a year by the store manager to come and be her assistant manager I finally came, leaving my full-time job of 37.5 -45 hours per week with the prospect of a 40 hour per week Asst Mgr position. As full-time I am only guaranteed 32 hours per week...unbelieveable! I am lucky if I get 35 hours per week. I am stuck until I can find full-time with benefits elsewhere

Terrible district manager and manager
Worked there for many years, I neve had an issue with the job and I absolutely LOVED it until we received a new manager and district, they are bullies
I enjoyed this job,
This is a great place to be employed if you are a lover of working with the public! My manager was outstanding and I learned ALOT from her! I was relocating to Lloydminster so that is why I had to leave the company! I would love to be back as part of the warehouse one team!
Terrible.
I'm sure this isn't the case for every Warehouse One store, but the Courtenay location is one of the most unprofessional places I've ever worked. The management is lazy, most of the employees are flat out rude and very unhelpful to new workers. There is next to no business and you will find yourself standing around doing absolutely nothing most days, the odd time there is a customer, management expects you to practically harass them to an extremely uncomfortable level for all parties involved. Easily the worst retail store I've ever worked in.
Fun place to work at
Typical day at work is serving customers, doing stock and making sure to upkeep the store. Learning new things about the business sector everyday.
New management in this store.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the great staff that is currently there. They are awesome people to work with
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warehouse One - The Jean Store. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8