Ware Malcomb Employee Reviews

Great Company - Great Management
Job Captain (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO23 February 2018
Everyone in the Denver office is great to work with. Everyone is very helpful and there is an atmosphere of teamwork. This office is not set up in “Silos” where only certain people work on certain things, in a tight deadline the whole office is willing to pitch in to help. I believe this atmosphere is created and enhanced by our management. We hold weekly staffing meetings with the entire office and go through all of our tasks for the week. If one person is swamped and another is a little light on work we spend that time working out who can help where. This is a rare find in an architecture office and the management is the reason why this works so well. Besides the fact that the management is kind and understanding, they are also open and transparent. I came from a firm where management had secretive closed door meetings and if someone left no one addressed what had happened. It becomes unnerving. At Ware Malcomb none of this happens. The management is here to help you grow in your career and they are exceedingly helpful in helping you reach your goals. That is something that is hard to find in some offices. We have fun with everyone in the office both during the work day and outside the office. It is a great group of people. We have a few fun activities every month to get out of the office and enjoy each other's company. Whether it be a happy hour, bowling, etc. there's always something fun for everyone.

I can't say there are too many negatives. You are expected to work hard and speak up with you need help but that is something that should be expected in any
  more... job in any industry. If you work hard, you will be appreciated and it will not go unnoticed.  less
27 February 2018

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Ware Malcomb. We appreciate the positive comments about our Denver office and its strong teamwork atmosphere, management’s open communication, and the pleasant work culture. We will continue to do everything we can to make our Team member experience as rewarding as possible. Thank you again for your feedback and for everything you do for our clients and our firm. We wish you continued success at our firm.

Great people
Senior Job Captain (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 February 2018
The people at Ware Malcomb are very supportive of each other and happy to step in to help on projects. Very fast paced, hard working environment. You will be expected to put in long hours.
Revit is the primary tool for projects. Outside education is encouraged but not reimbursed.
9 February 2018

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback on your experience at Ware Malcomb’s Chicago office. We appreciate the endorsement of our collaborative spirit and the strong teamwork atmosphere. Ware Malcomb remains committed to ensuring that each of our Team members can design a fulfilling career and achieve a satisfactory work-life balance. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors.

Ware Malcomb is a great place to grow! .
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 January 2018
Here is what I love about WM:

-You make your career what you want. If you have a goal in mind- management and other staff will help you reach it!

-Resources all across the country to help.

-Great company culture in Oak Brook/Chicago! We pretty much celebrate every holiday in some way. We participate in a variety industry events as a team.

-Management is on your side. Your success is their success.

-WM has an advanced Revit training program and organization process for projects which is helpful for all levels. Revit is the main drawing platform for the company.

-Junior Staff are exposed early on to all aspects of design & take on more responsibility than your typical firm which makes this a great place to grow!

-Mentorship Program: Everyone is given the opportunity after their first year to work with another leader in a different office. This is an awesome way to get more advice from another source outside your own office.
Pros
Growth, Management, Resources, Culture, Revit Program, Mentorship
31 January 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on your experience at Ware Malcomb. We appreciate the positive comments about our Chicago office including the opportunities for career growth and the pleasant work culture. We strongly believe our people are our greatest asset and we continually invest in our culture through leadership development, our firmwide mentorship program, wm active program, and other people-oriented programs. Thank you again for your feedback and for everything you do for our clients and our firm.

Horrible Management - RUN!!!
Senior level position (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO3 December 2017
If you’re up for an experience in toxic office culture: this is the place for you. If you want to work with a great/support/functional management team; pass.
Pros
Other folks in the office
29 January 2018

Ware Malcomb’s comment: We have reviewed your feedback about your experience at Ware Malcomb. We are sorry that your time with the firm did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your positive comment about our staff, who we strongly believe are our firm’s greatest asset. We respect your candor, though we disagree with your assessment of our Denver office and we promise to share your comments with the firm’s leadership team. Please know that we continue to seek new ways to cultivate a positive work culture. We wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors.

Lack of Leadership unless you drink the Kool Aid
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY30 November 2017
Salaries are low for industry standards. A firm that wants to become known for their design aesthetic needs to rethink the standard tilt-up commercial building format. Only certain individuals are selected to move up in management, standard boys club environment. If you think against the grain or challenge the Ware Malcomb way, you will be pushed aside.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership management, not willing to think outside the box, very little designer / project manger cross over
29 January 2018

Ware Malcomb’s comment: Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience at Ware Malcomb. We appreciate the positive comment about our benefits. While we disagree with your assessment of our project work, and believe that the numerous accolades and awards our projects have garnered indicate the level of innovation and creativity we always strive for, we respect your right to voice an opinion. Please know that we continue to seek new ways to invest in all of our Team members and to give every person at Ware Malcomb the opportunity to pursue their passions and grow their talents. We encourage you to express your ideas and feedback with your department and regional leaders.

Wouldn't recommend
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 June 2017
Zero work-life balance--employees are staffed for 12+ hrs a day, as a matter of routine and management thinks this is reasonable and normal. Managers are very negative towards employees and never recognize successes. Company culture is pretty depressing--there's no camaraderie or joy. Pay starts out acceptable, but there are no (or very little) bonuses or raises.
Pros
healthcare plan is decent. good opportunities for interns.
29 January 2018

Ware Malcomb’s comment: We have reviewed your comments on your experience working at Ware Malcomb and are sorry it wasn’t the right fit. While we strongly disagree with your assessment of our Chicago office, we promise to share your comments with the office’s leadership. Ware Malcomb remains committed to ensuring that each of our Team members can design a fulfilling career and achieve a satisfactory work-life balance. We wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors.

Great work environment, extremely organized and efficient company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA31 May 2014
Fast-paced environment, lively company culture, large team comprised of Interior Designers, Architects, Engineers and Graphic Designers.
Good Place for Recent Grads
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 May 2014
Not such a great place for professionals. High turnover rate was not disclosed during job interview. Marketing Dept. has a revolving door. Upper mgmt relegated duties to jr. staff who were over their heads and unprofessional. Advice to mgmt. - get off your iPhones and social media channels and pay attention to what is going on within your department.
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
healthcare costs higher than industry standard
Open to various project types but I specialized in healthcare.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  irvine, ca17 March 2014
Good company to work for. People were very nice and team sprit. Hardest part of the job is working on to many projects at one time. The most enjoyable is a successful project.
Flexible and traditional place
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA7 May 2013
Very intensive schedule.
Always in haste to meet the due dates.
Highly productive, enjoyable, highly beneficial working and learning environment
STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA29 November 2012
Although, just an internship I learned many things on a daily basis.

This is truly a great firm to work with, extremely diligent, efficient, talented and renown.
Pros
great team, optimal learning and experience
Cons
unpaid internship but the best experience i've had yet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ware Malcomb. Our community is ready to answer.