Warden Woods Community Centre

Warden Woods Community Centre Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
This is a place where you always interact with people. If you want to improve your communication skills, this is the right place. Staffs are nice as they are working in community support. Management is helpful and care about you as a person.
Overall, very nice experience working here.
It was great organization alot meaningful trainings. It always felt like the organization was on its last legs. Never enough supplies funding was strict
Learned new skills in a supportive, diverse, inclusive environment. Management is affirming and grateful for efforts. Rounding up information was often difficult due to busy schedules. Colleagues helpful and supportive. Allowed me to give back in support for other staff experiencing difficulties.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Contract only one year
This work environment defines community. This community centre is great place to meet new people and work environment ugh a diverse group of people. If you want a more cultured work environment, this is the place to be.
Pros
Free programs
Cons
Glad to have met people who are passionate in doing their jobs. I hope that more people will be able to use and benefit from the services that this centre offers.
Cons
Pay
Get the feeling that the agency is understaffed, underpaid, and management think that “thank you” pays for bills. No room for adv, staff (especially new hires) leave as soon as they can secure another job at a better agency, facilities are... more or less disgusting. Their kitchen is roach infested but continue to serve food to their own staff, seniors, children, parents... And the Director justifies poor wages by enforcing that the work culture should be “giving”. It’s hard to give when you can barely survive the wages, on top of which is barely worth getting attacked verbally and physically by clients and walking into bedbug infested client’s homes -COMPLETELY BARE without any insect protection whatsoever. Either management is aware and can’t do anything about it, or they are and just too lazy to do anything right.

Staff moral is so low you can see the awkwardness at staff meetings and events.
Pros
staff are able to support each other, secretly hoping things will change.
Cons
Too many to count. Ridiculous.
Quite a challenging and rewarding environment to work in. dealing with a wide array of clientele with assorted needs made it a never a dull moment job.
It is cultural and family oriented place to work, or volunteer. I never regret one day working there because I meet different people from different background.
i learned a few techniques while working there and improve my organization skill the only hard part of the job was that the daycare staff been asking a lot more then the time i was given for me to clean certain spots.
Pros
quiet space personal access to the cleaning supplies
The Warden Woods Community Center was a great place to work. My case manager was direct, understanding and passionate. There were a couple of events organized by the center which were excellent networking opportunities. I felt appreciated and satisfied.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Warden Woods Community Centre?
I learned how to enter data using a different software program. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing positive results of the effort I put in. Also, seeing youth and community members' happiness and well-being.
Schedule transport for Seniors; Medical, Shopping and programme appointments..

I learned nothing.

Management is wanting.

Co-workers are committed and truly wonderful.

Hardest part of the job... Seriously I scheduled two small buses.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Community events were often a highlight at Warden Woods, Always a pleasure to see the community at play rather than coping with the violence that has troubled this neighbourhood.
Pros
If you enjoy community service, this is a wonderful community centre
Cons
Please see ratings.
the experience was great had a great summer. we would play games have small prizes for the kids. we all enjoyed the outdoor activities.
management was great has to be when we are working with kids safety matters most. the hardest part i would say is when a few kids were having bad days but its part of the job. i enjoyed being around the kids they always put a smile on my face
Pros
snack time
Cons
when some of the kids were having a bad day
Cleaning the Community Centre. Great management. Nice co-workers. I learned about all kinds of different people. Enjoyable working with co-workers.
long days
the ability to multi-task

creating portions of the program from ground up was a privilege

Non-profit organization is a negative

staff turnover is high
Pros
doing whati love, working with youth
Cons
the job was really enjoyable. the kids were great and as long as they're satisfied its an easier time for the whole staff in general
Pros
being active
Cons
cleaning dishes
I truly believe in the work i do for Warden Woods and am proud to be part of it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warden Woods Community Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9