Wapiti Gravel Suppliers Employee Reviews

Can be okay
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 August 2018
Can be a good job... I was let go randomly because the foreman had a personal problem with me. No call for work and then told to go hand in work clothes. If you can find a good crew that you clique with then this is a great job. Long hours, great money. Sucks when it rains though.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Drama, no breaks, long hours.
Good place to start and gain Operator experience
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 August 2018
Worked for Wapiti for 4 seasons on a base crew in Grande Prairie. Was able to move up from a shovel to machine with almost experience pretty quickly. Management always seems terribly unorganized especially when it came to project completion dates. I don’t think that I have worked on a single project that we finished on time. So overtime is very limited at the beginning of projects but near the end sometimes we are working 12-16 hour days. I left due to the frustration of lack of opportunity to be trained on different Equipment specifically a Grader.
Pros
Long hours decent pay. Long weekends off
Cons
Seasonal, only have long weekends off.
Fast past environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 August 2018
Typical day at work fast past action lots of multiple task jobs, multiple machines moving. Short staffed everyone always had to work extra hard. very little down time. good learning environment for new machine operators
Pros
shift work
Cons
long hours no breaks short turn around days
Awesome place to work.
Flagged/ packer operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 February 2018
Everyone got along at work, which rarely happens. Very helpful group, Great wages to go along with the hours!!! Always kept busy and great to see the production that was accomplished in short periods of time.
Rainly, spirited, high adrenaline
Asphalt Roller/Packer operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 June 2017
learnt how to run a packeroller on a rainy single highway from grande cache to hinton for a month. Boss was just doning his job just as we were, but we did our best not to make things worse.
fun an d very safe
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 January 2017
do a walk around inspection of the loader and use in a safe ordinarily mannaor . u used loade ron busy highways . load super b trucks and stockpile asphalt, loader feed the paver if needed
n/a
Labourer/Operator/Flag Personnel (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 January 2017
Friendly atmosphere. I learned many plu codes. Management seemed very involved and caring. The hardest part of the job was being on call and the most enjoyable was the interaction with the general public
Fun place to work with great people
Flagger/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 May 2016
This job was all about determination. The days were extremely long and at times boring and hot. Was a great job to meet new people as you stop traffic all day.
Pros
Fantastic Co-workers
Cons
Very Long Days