WalterFedy Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
N/A (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 January 2018
Great company. Supportive staff. Great company perks. Work life balance. Social club which plans fun events like paint nights and golfing. Benefits
Pros
Great Perks, Free refreshments (coffee, tea, juice etc) Casual Fridays, Ping Pong Table, Social Club, Work Life Balance, Supportive Staff, Christmas Week Office Closes...need I say more?
Cons
Systems are outdated
Great Professional organization
Asset Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON22 December 2017
I joined WalterFedy about 6 months ago and it's been the best professional experience of my 20+ year career. There is a team of dedicated, diverse and motivated professionals that work together with the full support of management. The project work is always changing, keeping the days interesting, and providing lots of opportunity for new professional learning.

Management supports a good work-life balance, and I've never experienced any pressure to sacrifice my family and social activities because of a project need..
Great Place for Professional Growth
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 December 2017
If you are looking for a company that will challenge you and invest in your growth then WalterFedy is a great place it be.

Because it is a multidisciplinary firm, there is lots of opportunity to work with and learn from a broad range of different professionals. People in the organization (from all disciplines) are really willing to collaborate and answer questions. As a professional, this is something that I value because it leaves me feeling like I am putting out higher quality work as a result of this collaboration.

It is a fast-paced environment so if you aren't the type of person who likes to work hard and be consistently challenged by your work, then you may not be the right fit at WalterFedy. But if you enjoy new challenges every day and a fast pace at work, then you will find WalterFedy to be a great place to be.

There is also a great social environment at WalterFedy. The organization runs a number of fun social events throughout the year and there is good comradery among the team. Throughout the summer months, there are weekly soccer games once a week at a nearby soccer field. There are always ping-pong competitions underway.

One last item to mention about WalterFedy is that as an organization, we are really committed to sustainability and community involvement. All permanent employees are allowed two paid days per year for volunteering and the firm is active in a number of community events throughout the year.

I feel a lot of pride when I see WalterFedy's logo out in the community and on projects that we are working on. I have had the opportunity to
  more... work on some great projects with this team.  less
Great culture and work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 December 2017
WalterFedy has come a long way in the two years that I have worked here. The culture is great and the learning and growth opportunities are plentiful. I have worked for a number of large Multi-discipline engineering consulting firms over my 15 year career span and this is the first company that I have worked at that truly values collaboration and employee engagement. Great office environment.
Pros
Social engagement and activities for families and individuals, Opportunities for technical and leadership advancement, Good leadership and clear overall direction, Office space is nice, Strong community support and altruistic opportunties
Cons
Some decisions/approvals can be slow and cumbersome at times in a partnership organization, The company doesn’t historically take a lot of risks, Current office spaces is close to maximum capacity.
Great Learning Experience
Project Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 November 2015
Working at WalterFedy is a great learning experience. As a recent graduate, WalterFedy has helped me improve a lot in my skills and knowledge.
People freindly and many Lunch and Learns
Senior AutoCAD Technician / Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario10 July 2013
I think that Walterfedy should have an idea what they intend on doing for their future goals within the company and not lead new employees on thinking that they have a secure job. To have moved to Kitchener after commuting over 8 months back and forth from Mississauga, and to get an apartment close to work, to be accessible for working extra hours… then to be notified that there is no work for my job description.
Pros
Good product knowledge
Cons
No appreciation to helping co-workers or Co-op students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WalterFedy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3