Walmart Employee Reviews

Nothing but DRAMA
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC19 April 2018
Very clicky, treat you not so nice. Dont train people properly. Pay sucks. List goes on forever but not gonna bore you with it. Nothing good about this place!
Cons
Everything!
welcome to walmart
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 April 2018
working at walmart was hard and comforting place to work and you needed to have very good customer experience since it was like 50% of your job. you also always need to smile no matter what.
Pros
discount card
Cons
no full time
Vendor in walmart
Cell phone sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
Worked for OSL retail services selling cell phones. Constantly yelled at by Walmart customers due to the fact that I was unable to help with electronics and Walmart employees were never around.
flexible workplace
Electronics Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2018
very friendly staff
very flexible hours
very supportive

you many opportunities to grow and move up in the company.

vacation pay and profit sharing is another bonus
Its a great place to start!
Shipping and Receiving/In-Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
If you are looking for extra money then its a best place for part-timer. Expect to deal with customer by helping to locate their desired products. Ensuring the shelves are stock. As a associate, you will educate yourself on varieties of products to execute excellent customer service. Due to multicultural workplace, You will be meeting different people and their various attitude to work/deal with. Difficulties that most employee encounter was getting a chance to step up in the ladder through top management. I enjoyed most of my time meeting new people.
Pros
profit sharing, 10% discounts and 50% on Store Anniversary
Cons
Not Enough hours, No benefits
Miserable
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 April 2018
Walmart was a very stressful environment and did little with bullying issues. I became miserable when working there and dreaded going to work. I personally, would not recommend working there.
good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 April 2018
nice and friendly staff
always give its employees more hours and always looks to hire new employees.
chance for career advancement.
Difficult experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
Being a single mother and also having a disability Walmart Canada did not want to work with my hours to pick up my son from school or when i would get sick i would always have to fight with management to get better hours or try and switch with other associates working at Walmart Canada was a nightmare. Management made it very difficult for me to work at there store
Good place to work.
Sales Associate and Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 April 2018
Appropriate training program.
Friendly environment.
Very useful benefits.
Fun staff events.
Free snacks (once and a while).
Great employee opportunities.
Not bad
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
Not a bad place to work if you're just looking for a pay check. There's a lot of unnecessary drama but I'm sure that's everywhere. The biggest issue I have found working here is the lack of accountability for associates who do not perform at Walmart company standards. You end up with unmotivated associates who feel unappreciated because they do more work than others and management does not care.
Pros
We have a lot of potlucks, Plenty of opportunity for overtime, It is difficult to be fired once you pass the probation period.

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
Walmart Cashier
Cashier / Photo Lab / Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 April 2018
Good employer, fast-paced environment. Good experience and opportunity to cross train in different departments. Opportunities for advancement within the company.
Company all about the bottom line
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 April 2018
Worked very hard for the company and got paid out for no reason at all. Never had even one discipline with this company. Confused. Worked at the Sarnia, Ontario location. After four years with the company they told me we needed to talk. They then gave me a severance letter with no reason for the dismissal. I later found out they had promoted someone of the opposite gender the same week they had let me go.
Pros
Two days off a week
Cons
No recognition
interesting take on customer service
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 April 2018
Although the management did not care for loss of product or even if employees attended work they only care of the overall money they make that day and if it beats out the year before's overall total
very busy placeof work
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
a typical day at work would be me cleaning down my register. then opening, having face to face contact with customers. I learned a lot about how the store works, codes. I also learned where everything is. The hardest thing about the job is dealing with rude customers. People who do not understand how the store actually works. I learned a lot of patience working at the job. I don't really attend any of the work parties or anything.
Pros
close to other great stores.
Cons
Good
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 April 2018
I am really happy to be a part of Walmart. Family atmosphere in the work place is the highlighting part the job. There are no words
thanks
Suncy Sunny
The Company move away from Family
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 April 2018
When I started with the company the culture was about family and the customer. When I ended my job it was only about money. The company did not care about the community.
Fun, Sociable, Flexible
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 April 2018
Walmart is a very well organized environment to work at, very kind employees and very flexible hours. The management are very kind and generous people along with the workers
Good company for young people looking to make good habits
CSM, Floor Stocker, Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB17 April 2018
This company although the pay was not sustainable was a great job to work for to help with my Customer Service skills. There is also lots of opportunity to move up and there is generally something for every type of person
Decent place to work with fair salary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 April 2018
Walmart was very good about giving schedules far in advance and accommodating vacations, sick days, etc. Management was very good and overall it was a good place to work.
Asking more then you can give
Overnight Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 April 2018
always fast paced and expected you to work miracles within time frames. Not enough staff for to much work. work assignment sheets with unaccounted time and not enough hours is the day to get everything done.
Pros
Free work out
Cons
bent to the will of people who do not do/know your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

537.4K