Walmart Employee Review

Extremely productive
WebOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Bruno10 August 2012
Most team members I have known over the last 6 years work 80+hour weeks to deliver on projects. I have met some amazing people come and go while at my tenure here, but due to the excess in expectations and the constant driving to deliever below cost solutions they get burned out and leave.
Pros
walmart brand
Cons
work life balance - they talk a lot about work life balance, but it is not possible based on managements expectations.

Other Walmart Employee Reviews

sports injury
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB22 May 2018
overall good experience , lots of hours to fill, busy workplace but good environment and nice people to work with, lots of hours, but hard to get shifts off
Terrible work environment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
Walmart has no work/life balance as they claim. They are constantly changing schedules without your permission and when you ask for a day off they say no. Walmart doesn’t care about its employees they only care about profits. They keep trying to lower their budget so the management get big bonuses and the front line staff get nothing. Management is lazy meanwhile piling more and more work to their workers.
The only way to advance is to be friends with the store manager. If they don’t like you forget about moving up. When workers do get promoted they are sent for training and they are trained to treat their workers horribly. I would never recommend working for Walmart.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, poor pay, no work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

538.1K