Walmart

Walmart

Walmart Employee Review

Very high demand stressful

Very stressful. No work life balance as promised by the company. Heavy workload and not enough associate to complete it. Not worth the mental break down.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

As an assistant manager I oversaw upwards of 150 people daily these people all appreciated the way that they were treated and respected by me unfortunately that is not Walmart's way I feel as though I was being pointed to degrade my associates to ensure the work done in a timely fashion which unfortunately is not my management style the overall management did not respect me as the associates did which I believe was the issue apparently bosses aren't supposed to be liked I disagree
Same role

Walmart is what you make of it.

Just like anywhere, you are an advocate for yourself and the creator of your destiny. Those who just sit around and wait to be noticed as the next great thing might be missed. If you want to grow, ask to learn new things. I understand some people are not treated fairly and that's awful but there's also the people who toxify their own work environment and don't see what they are doing to themselves and to others. Retail is retail and wages are low, hours can be eradic, there can be favorites and sometimes it can feel unfair. What's going to set you apart and make you successful is to figure out what you want from the company and go after it. Everyone fits in at Walmart who wants to.
Same location

It's been about a year 1/2 now and my neck is still messed up from having to bend so much bringing the carts into the store

I should feel like in my prime but I don't at all after working at Walmart. I'm not that tall, I'm 6'0 feet tall. I repetitively had to keep bending down/tilting my head so that I can bring the carts into the store. I don't understand why they only cut a 4'5 foot opening into the side of the wall to bring the carts through (if someone can explain that I would love to hear it). Even months after my neck injury was still bad where I had to turn my whole body just to look in the slightest direction, I lasted 1 year and 3 months there. With it being a year and a half from no longer working there I can now say my neck has a lot more rotational degrees but not fully and still has pain. If I could go back in time and quit the day before my neck got messed up from work I would in a blink of an eye.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement