Walmart

Walmart

Walmart Employee Review

Wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy

Awful. Awful. Awful. People are SO rude here, everyone thinks they’re better than you, no support anywhere, you literally don’t know any of your coworkers because there’s way too many people but it’s your responsibility to go around asking people you don’t even know to cover or switch a shift. Customers literally hate you no matter what, I had people throw stuff at me if it was the price they wanted.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Coworkers are great, management can use some work...

Management needs to realize we are doing the best we can, yet they treat us as if we are stupid.... you have to give respect to get it... my coworkers are amazing people!
Same role

Good work culture, completely diverse.

The job is fairly secure; there are few chances of losing it. You do get some medical and dental benefits, but I haven't required them. They may not cover all the costs of your medical needs.Walmart has a good anti-harassment policy among co-workers. They take harassment seriously. The work environment is great. People from all countries work at Walmart, and I hear so many languages in the work environment. I have a handicap, so they allow me to have a chair at the cash register.

Pros

Overall well-managed, The staff is responsible, and they like to prevent employee accidents, or employee discomfort

Cons

The are constantly understaffed, which frustrates the shoppers, especially at Christmas time, when we get a few nutcases, yelling in the store for service, and then they get sent to a super long lineup, at customer service and they hate it!

Good job for students

Shifts can be flexible. Usually they respect your availability. It's easy to trade shifts with other coworkers. The job is easy. Sometimes dealing with people is hard but it's the job..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Walmart with

• Walmart
  • Wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy