Walmart Pay & Benefits reviews

good workplace fun and fast paced
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 August 2018
loved working here anytime, always got the work done on time because it was always easy from the way they showed you and besides that I'm an excellent worker
Pros
always working, long hours
Cons
Okay to work if you can put up with management
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB13 August 2018
This is a place that says they respect the individual, but on occasion, they prove they don't walk the walk even though they talk the talk. If you can survive 3 months, you'll get a discount card for 10% off your purchases there and at the in-store McDonalds.
Enjoyable part of my job? I got plenty of fresh air and was able to determine when I took my own breaks.
Hardest part? The stress from not knowing if I'd do something that would get me yelled at or written up.
Pros
Food Fridays and Insurance and Retirement Benefits after 1 Year
Cons
Management doesn't say thanks when you work extra hard and will go behind your back.
Soul sucking
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 August 2018
Management team does not care about the interests of its employees. Salary is not enough for what is needed to be put up with. Black Friday and Boxing days are always a massacre.
Good job for students
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC13 August 2018
Working for Walmart was a good experience. There wasn't enough employees to do the work. The regular staff was overloaded with daily duties that were impossible to complete. The rate of pay was very poor especially for someone who has an education.
Lots of hours and pay well if you do the job well.
Store standards and Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON11 August 2018
lots of hours up and they give you raises if you do your job well. Management is mostly a mixed but for the most part they do a good job. They're really to work with people to fix problems in the work place.
Pros
some free meals, free drinks
Cons
will phone your house a lot to pick up shifts
Cashiers treated poorly
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2018
Cashiers and customer service employees were treated horrific at the store I was at. There was no room for advancement. There were no raises. It was not a good work environment.
Very productive and friendly workplace.
Overnight Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL9 August 2018
I very much enjoyed working at the Grand Falls-Windsor Walmart location. If it wasn't for a new job offer coming my way i would definitely still see myself working there. The management team is very respectful and very friendly, as are most of the coworkers.
Pros
1 Hour long lunch
Cons
Painful on the body
at least they paid slightly above minimum wage
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
walmart customers are willllldddddd!!!! hardest part of the job was the anxiety you get when you have a long line. most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out and getting chocolate with my discount card during my break.
Pros
1 hour break and two 15 minute breaks when you work 7 hours or more.
Cons
customers always looking for discounts and free things, plus the cash machines are from the 1800's Jesus! using it is like figuring out a rubiks cube.
Lots of opportunities for advancement and good pay.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2018
Provides lots of opportunities for advancement and experience different positions. The starting salaries and raises are more than fair for the work. Excellent place to actually have a career and not just a job.
Great place to work with an awesome work-life balance and BENEFITS for PART TIMERS
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS7 August 2018
I have worked at Walmart for 6 years now. I started when I was in grade 12. When I was a high school student with lots of extra curriculars and a full time university student with a second job, Walmart always worked around my hectic scheduled and made sure I was putting my schooling first. We really are just a large family.

Walmart offers a 10% discount in store and almost every item for all associates. Each year, Walmart divides the profit from the store you're working at and divides it among all the employees (I received as much as $2200 one year). Also new for 2018, part time employees are able to receive health and dental benefits if they wish to enroll in the benefits program. Also, even part timers starting out receive 2 weeks paid vacation following 1 year of employment.

I have also had the opportunity to travel expensive free to work at other Walmart stores when they were in need of extra assistance. All meals, gas, and hospitality paid for.
Pros
Benefits, discount, profit share, paid vacation
Cons
May work different hours every day
Fun place to work
Customer Service Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
I enjoyed working at Walmart because you meet different people from all over the world and learn a lot from managers and the different departments in store.
Pros
Employment Discount
Cons
Short hours
Lot work and lot fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 August 2018
It was good place for working. There was a lot fun. All employees have good nature. Moreover, it is worlds famous shopping mart. There was good salary.
Pros
Good nature, free food
Cons
Far away from my homw
departmental
representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 August 2018
was very good experiences work with wal mart .team work and management was very friendly . I like to work with company has very good working invironment
Pros
free lunch
Semi-enjoyable place to work
2nd shift In-stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 August 2018
The environment is decent, you get long hours guaranteed but very little flexibility, majority of the management is poor. Literally one person in management who is good.
Cons
Long hours, no flexibility
High passed work enviorment
Walmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 August 2018
working for Walmart has its ups and downs. the staff are good people and are very nice to work with. The work expectations from the higher up mangers is stressful to say the least.
Pros
all the hours you want if you ask
Cons
do not expect time off
I enjoyed working at Walmart. It was a great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 August 2018
Walmart is a great place to work at. it was my first job. I enjoyed most of my time there. It taught me a lot. I would recommend it to people who love to interact with customers.
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
Long hours on Sundays
excellent place to work
warehouse receiving associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 August 2018
its an excellent place where the associates effort and well being are valued most and most importantly you can raise your voice,i have learnt alot the recent years i have worked with them
co-workers were great but management wasnt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 August 2018
it was an ok place to work. pay wasnt that great and everyone starts part-time and seen alot of people let go when their part-time status was up and were let go so they didnt get full-time and benifits,
Fun environment.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NH2 August 2018
I worked as a Customer Service Manager wherein I supervised 27 cashiers.
I found the workplace to be very team oriented and harmonious
Management was strict but fair.
Pros
Team oriented and fun!
Cons
Occasioal long hours. Low wages.
Stay away from walmart
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 August 2018
Great store to work with associates and you will keep busy for sure. Also the pay and benefits are all right for an entry level job. It is a job though not a career. Management is a total joke. It is a circus at best and a fight for a power. Managers will tel you we are a family until you do your job as an LP which is not what they usually like abd then you will see the other face. Best way to keep your job is to please them and forget about your duties and integrity. But dont expect to last long and if you can stay away from walmart. Worst work culture.
Pros
Nice associates fun to work with
Cons
Incompetent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

540.6K