Walmart Pay & Benefits reviews

it was alright not the best
Store Standards Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB19 October 2018
Good starting job but not a long time career. Pay is terrible only minimum wage but management is okay the work is easy But customers are a pain overall not a career choice
Haha beep this job
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2018
Everything is beeping lame from the customers to the management, best job for first timers who really don't know how the workplace actually works or also good for extra money only if your really beeping desperate
Pros
Getting called back to get on the floor when I haven't finished my lunch break
Cons
Having to work there
High paced for those that thrive in that environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 October 2018
Wal-Mart was at one point an fantastic employer. With a strong culture and a true meritocracy for promotional opportunities. I feel over the last half decade, experienced associates from senior leaders down to associates have been replace by less qualified and far less hard working. It is a shame because experience and loyalty was once coveted.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unreasonable workloads
Sales Clerk - Jewelry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2018
Wal-Mart was a difficult place to work. They paid just over minimum wage. It seemed that we were always short staffed. The supervisor and manager in my area were not bad but I found that people were always worried about staff cuts or hours cut. The store manager cut security to save money but then customers would wheel carts of unpaid merchandise out of the store. Raises were based on the store performance not on our performance. Basically you barely made enough money to keep your head above water. We were not allowed to leave the Jewelry department unattended however, getting someone to relieve you for a break was almost impossible. Almost no recognition for going above and beyond the call of duty. Quite often had to ring groceries through our register even though our work space was not set up for handling groceries. Unfortunately, the store often closed down many of the cash registers which would cause a line up at our register and then our customers became angry and rude.
Pros
10% staff discount
Cons
Missing breaks, miserable customers, poor quality of managers.
Fair place to work
O.T.C.Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 October 2018
I enjoy may job. But after 15yrs of service I need to earn more .
May field has a wave cap and with mom. Wave going up , new comers are making what I make .
And I have been there 15yr.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Never got a cost of living increase, when min.wage increased .now i make the same as new comers, and ive been there 15 yrs.
Cvt associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey bc canada10 October 2018
Its my first job in canada i learn do manh things here its a good job foe beginners and ee can kearn alot here . Peple are loving and manegment is cooperative ,
Pros
Discount, paid time off
Cons
Health insurane
Good
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2018
Was a good environment, great staff, management was poor and advancement was poor but the salary was good. I enjoyed working there but there quotas was too strict
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Quebec, Canada5 October 2018
Working at Walmart Canada was a great experience.
The training process is excellent. A lot of physical work, though the flexible hours are a perk, good benefits.
Good for communication experience.
Volunteer work at Walmart for fundraising (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
Volunteer to sell popsicles on warm to hot days as a fundraiser for the Childrens Miracle Network which helps and funds children hospitals all over north america.
Pros
Fundraising for good cause, volunteer experience, and free 10$ walmart gift card.
Cons
No salary.
Very easy going place
ECommerce Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2018
They were always accomodating to schedules and availability. It was very easy to move around to different departments, positions and shifts.
Moving up can also happen quickly. Very understanding of work/home life balance.
Pros
Easy going scheduling
Cons
low wages
Great for flexible hours
Dairy/Freezer Associate (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC2 October 2018
I was able to switch my hours from evenings to early morning easily. I chose the days I worked. I could always make up my hours if missed. Co-workers weren't always good workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, Medical Benefits, and overtime
Cons
Co-workers aren't always good
Used to be a good place to work but not after changes
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2018
Worked at Walmart as a Loss Prevention Associate and some locations management was good to work with but for the most part management was to intrusive, and always attempted to micromanage Loss Prevention Associates and they do not understand to job whatsoever. Also there is a huge lack of communication and due to this it is a very disorginised place to work at. Now I don't mean every Walmart will be this way but the locations I worked at in Calgary were definitely awful to work for!!! I would not recommend it especially now that the policy changed to no handcuffs for Loss Prevention yet they still push for arrests but most times Loss Prevention Associates work alone so due to working alone with barely any back up from management and no way to protect yourself or enforce the law it has become unsafe and impossible to properly do the job properly.
Pros
Benifits and we could make our own schedule for the most part
Cons
Bad management, low hourly wage, lack of communication, not properly equiped
fun work place,enjoyed meeting new people and helping customers find what they needed
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 September 2018
Fun place to work, alot of hard working associates ,long /short hours ,you get rewarded for your hard work you make a difference , good exercise , meeting happy people ,and greeting them.
Pros
Free lunches, Over Time
Cons
Lots of walking, long hours
amazing customers
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2018
Fun workplace. It gives you the opportunity to apply your skills and advance in your career.
Working there also keeps you in good shape because you got to walk at least 5 klm. every day which keep you motivate and at the same time serving customers all over the place.
Pros
dinamic environment
Cons
salary
Needs Improvement
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB25 September 2018
Walmart didn't tend to care about associates issues, whether it was medical, personal, etc. You'd get written up for missing work if you were sick, had to pay for doctors note, which didn't guarantee you'd get approved time off to get better, and not reimbursed for your personal expenses used to cover work supplies.
Good People
Walmart (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 September 2018
Wages are too low and do not provide ample compensation for the work delivered by front line workers and low level management. Co-workers are fun and many great work friends can be made while employed with Walmart.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay.
Good working environment with learning opportunities to grow within the company
Inbound Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2018
Good working environment with learning opportunities to grow within the company .i have gained a lot of knowledge in the industry with the experience in transportation ,logistics and the administration department
Starting fresh as a quality assurance associate gave me an exposure to the warehouse environment that came along with a wonderful learning experience ,which gradually boasted my confidence as an expert in my job .with due diligence and the initiative to keep learning more and something new gave me a chance to gain experience in National department of inbound transportation and since then been taking care of logistics across Canada and United States .i am a proud member of Walmart Logistics today!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Monotonous
weekends
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON20 September 2018
Don't apply here if you like your weekends. I worked at Walmart for 2 years and never had a weekend or a Saturday or Sunday off without having to book it off
Pros
Good pay checks
Cons
No communiction
Not willing to help you get back to work after injury or surgery
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB18 September 2018
I was hired for part time, worked an average of 40-50 hours a week.
Told them my availability was Monday to Friday, never had a weekend off.
Asked for adjusted work hours for school, was denied those hours.
Came back after surgery, incision opened slightly, didn’t complain, I just asked where gauze was. I was sent home, told not to come back until I was 100% better, manager wouldn’t sign off on work adjustment plan, and was told I had to fill out multiple forms and get multiple drs notes, none of which I was compensated for.
If the manager had an issue with you she would get CMs to tell you because she was too much of a coward to do it herself.
Pros
Alright pay, mostly cool co-workers
Cons
Long hours, complaining customers, poor Managment
Perfect Pharmacy
Staff were amazing
Very family oriented
Very busy pharmacy
Great compensation
Benefits and bonuses more than fair
Great place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

542.4K