Walmart Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 1,997 reviews matching the search See all 166,497 reviews
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK18 February 2019
Expect a lot for pay. Some shift changes without agreement. Too lenient with most employees. Meeting and interacting with people is the best part about the job.. nice bonus in April if the store did well all year.
Pros
Try to accommodate hours
Cons
Too lenient
productive fun place to work with, lots of people to meet
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 February 2019
good and happy place
nice to shop with discount for employee
nice benefits
good place to shop
god place to communicate with people
good experience to meet new people
good
Cons
not enough hours for cashier
Good for anyone looking for a meaningless job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON15 February 2019
Great for students or retired people. There really is no downside provided you don't mind little pay and high expectations. Standards for employees have dropped over the years but it is easy work with little stress.
ok work
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK10 February 2019
not very fun you sit there ask cutomers for recipts bad pay mean cutomers but goo co workers ok manager no benfits except ur 10% discount I would rather had been on cash
Good work enviroment,friendly associates
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB9 February 2019
Walmart is a really good place to work at. Management is professional and nice, associates treat each other with respect. Diverse staff. Good training and continual updated reviews.
Pros
Long breaks, friendly staff
Cons
Period inbetween breaks really unbalanced
Good part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON9 February 2019
While I was there, I was very happy just to have a job. There were a few negatives: expected to push customers who made it very clear they were not interested in applying for a credit card. Overall it was a good experience. A lot of nice people and managers.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Only paid minimum wage
fun place to work, provide courses for safety and working in different departments, sales, cashier, customer service, inter-store transfers,
Cashier / Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK9 February 2019
- opening store for starting the day
- scanning customers merchandise through, taking payments, providing discounts, doing a large order for First Nations people
- doing returns on merchandise
- assisting customers on finding what they are looking for
- stocking shelves,
- assisting accounting department in cash pick up
- working in different departments for break time for other staff
- greeting customers at the door
- inventory count
- days end balancing
- sending in reports at days end to head office
- calling staff in to replace sick staff
- management is fun and always willing to provide constructive information
- provide a multi cultural staff
- heavy lifting and physically demanding job
- working with staff, management, and the customers
Pros
lots of different departments to work in. free courses, medical benefits, interaction with the community, fun place to work at
Cons
physically demanding job, lots of theft.
good place to work
Receiver / overnight shelf stocker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 February 2019
although i did enjoy the culture and environment and working at wal-mart it was a low paying company/position . if the pay were better i could have stuck with them long term . there was much opportunity to advance and had the pay been better i would have been able to stay with them long enough to move into larger roles and better paying positions. i think they could benefit a lot by offering more to their employees as incentive to stay long term .
Depends on what you are doing
In Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK7 February 2019
I worked for two different stores as a fulfillment associate and then in the customer value team. One company, two different stores - two different philosophies. Everything depends on your coworkers and management. One store can be messy, another one can be very neat. Also, you can work very hard unloading trailers, pooling skids, stocking, picking, binning inside of the deep freezer (-23C) or doing nothing just walk around as guys from electronics usually do and you both will get exactly the same paychecks. Yep, this is not good, but if you a smart guy or lady you can talk to your manager and ask for a transfer to another dept. And your life will be much much better. My second store was 5* stars Walmart due to the good store manager and nice people but I found I was very hard to survive earning almost a minimum wage... Perfect part-time job to save some extra money but as a full time you have to work 7 days straight/2 days off/3 days on, unpaid holidays. That what it is) But I like Walmart, overall it is a decent company, especially for newcomers. Good luck!
Pros
Perfect first job, working with people, discount card, benefits are not bad
Cons
Low pay, terrible schedule- working 7 days straight, depends on what kind of position you have and a store
One of the best jobs.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON7 February 2019
This has to be one of the best jobs that Ive ever had, very fast pace helps with shifts going by fast, the hours are good and very flexible for students. I loved the people that worked their too, really easy to make friends.
Pros
Pay, and co-workers
Cons
Shifts were usually 6.5 hours a day, really hard to get long shifts.
Absolute hellhole
Overnight Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 February 2019
I worked over night maintenance for 4 months. Because of understaffing i worked full time hours. I was told by my supervisors that i would qualify as full time employee..after the 4 months were up i inquired about the full time status and benefits...i was then took aside and told since they didnt schedule me for those hours...they werent giving me fulltime and that id still work those hours but they woupd never write me into the schedule properly.
I hated everything about working there.
Try to mention union in there..and everyone is trained to bow there heads and walk away.

Stay away from this aweful abyss.....i hope they go under
Pros
Cons
Every aspect....especially management that get bonuses to keep you under
First Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 February 2019
I love Walmart! Although sometimes it’s too tiring as I am a part time student who works for an average 25hrs/week. Overall, great management, friendly coworkers, fun experience, but fast-paced environment.
Pros
Discounts, managements, benefits
Cons
Long hours, that’s all
everyone already knows
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 February 2019
walmart is almost infamous for its belittlement and treatment of its employees. i personally was made to stand at my register while customer screamed and threw things at me without help. i quit when a customer threw a basket at my face and left a bruise but walmart still wouldn't make changes to better the environment for its employees. i was cheated out of my raise and they bullied many people i worked with out of the job so they wouldn't have to pay severance.
Pros
discount on walmart products
Cons
standing for long periods of time. told to deal with abuse.
low pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 February 2019
pay is low benefits are ok lots of physical work for the pay almost warehouse work but you get paid minimum wage. definitely not recommend for people looking for higher pay. work environment was good management a little pushy but some are good.
Pros
i hour lunch two coffeee breaks
Cons
low pay work too much for pay
daily task completion workplace
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2019
Good pay and easy work life , good place to start for new beginners and staff are very friendly. Very flexible hours and can easily exchange works hours with co-workers.
Factory work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2019
Shifts are long and boring, like working in a factory. No chance to communicate with other employees. Breaks and benefits are very nice, along with bonuses and flexibility.
typical day at work
CASHIER SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  smiths fan31 January 2019
Walmart is an easy going job with minimal experience required. Easy training to become a cashier. However, a lot of personal drama was included in the workplace.
Pros
unpaid hour lunch with paid breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Pleasure to work in this place.
Customer Service Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2019
Helping people is one of my favorite hobby and i really enjoy to work in this place by helping customers. i learned a huge knowledge about the multi culture of Canada. i would love to work here.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
timing problem
good company
Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia28 January 2019
i work at walmart for 4 yrs..it was a challenging job form department to other department,,but i learned a lot from them...its the salary that is ver low copared to the other company
Fun and easy job frustrating management.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON27 January 2019
I loved my job in the deli/bakery and worked with great people but management could not follow a steady schedule and, even after having my manager ask, write down, and me giving my availability in at least 7 times, I was constantly scheduled to work on days and during hours that I was in class.
Pros
discount at mcdonald's and walmart, and generous breaks.
Cons
schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

544.9K