Walmart Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 1,925 reviews matching the search See all 161,260 reviews
Unhealthy work environment
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 December 2018
Full of rumours even personnel gossiped about associates
Management walked like they own slaves- associates
And not to mention they are so ignorant mainly due to the lack of education
Pay is not owrth the risk hli take and raise is 0.47 yearly
Store manager will try to micro manage your job rve tiugh there is a DLPM
So basically it's a circus
However i can say many associates are well-educated and great to know
Pros
It's walmart what pros
Cons
Productive workplace with career advancement
FULLFILLMENT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 December 2018
As a full time student, Walmart made sure to be flexible and understanding of the busy student schedule. They were fair with hours and could balance a good work to study ratio. The hardest part of working at Walmart was the miscommunication that could take place between associates and management. Overall, it was a great place to work as a part time employee.
Health Benefits are good
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2018
Health benefits are good. Company lacks work life balance. And provides no accommodation. You also get a yearly bonus approximately 1 and half of your monthly salary earned last year. And you also get a 20% discount on top of 10% discount throughout the year.
Terrible work place and inept staff
Ovenight Support Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON13 December 2018
Over worked, under paid, and the company is totally mis-managed. They lie, steal, and cheat their employees. take of benefits and do not provide them, promise deferred profit sharing, then take it back when you leave. People are not promoted on merit, instead they are promoted on stupidity.
Pros
Cons
All the above, including lazy workers and management.
Fun and Memorable Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 December 2018
Product care
Walmart (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2018
I want to put the products in right place and organize the shelf I like doing that. I want to earn money. It is good to do this I like it. It is my favorite.
Pros
I want to earn money
fast paced work enviroment
night cleaner & grocery stalker (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON9 December 2018
great place to start off. benefits for full time. profit sharing for all employees. discount card and 15% off coupons at Christmas.

Walmart takes care of its employees. snacks in the lunch room on payday.
Pros
free holiday dinners
Cons
being asked about a product that only loblaws carries
ok
unloader (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON8 December 2018
lots of work to do with little compensation. not the best managers in the world but it was tolerable. long shifts and late nights. not the best job in the world
flexable
Fort Erie - Customer Value Associate (Current Employee) –  customer service7 December 2018
Good place to work. flexible shifts. Nice and friendly. works well with family life. Discount helps when buying for a family. Plenty of oppertunity to move up
easy transitional job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 December 2018
management leaves much to be desired.
there are difficult customers, but those aren't as often as the good.
coworkers super friendly for the most part.
easy to take time off as long as you give required advanced time notice.
Pros
super flexible with scheduling
Cons
management, monotonous
Great place to work. Lots of Benefits and Good Experience
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2018
I enjoyed working here, just some family issues arose and had to change fields. I do miss working here the staff was amazing and you felt right at home. I would go back if I could. Great benefits, as to always aquiring new training and advancement in the company is encouraged daily.
Flexible, Good pay, Many benifits!
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 December 2018
Walmart gives very flexible schedule. Managers are helpful in managing break for examinations and giving appropriate hours. Best part is that you have lot of coworkers, so very less stress on yourself.
Dock supervisor
Gérant de réception et expédition (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC3 December 2018
I'h worked as Dock supervisor.I improved my experience on transport and receiving .it is the best place for group working but the salary is not good .
Ehhh
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 December 2018
When I worked there I was passed over for Customer service manager several times even though I could do the job.the raises sucked, the cashiers were unreliable, the turn over rate was high, some management was unprofessional, safe wasn’t treated very good.
Pros
Profit share and bbqs
Cons
Unreliable staff some management
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON30 November 2018
Good Management and colleagues. Always keeps busy. Good experience for a newcomer in Canada. Steady inflow of customer keeps you busy, no matter what time of the year it is.
Great working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 November 2018
I enjoyed working for Walmart. I started off as a cashier then decided i wanted to try something else so i switched to working om the floor. It wasint too bad of a job its just some of the supervisors were not fit to be a supervisor. But other than that it was good.
Pros
Discount and employee bonuses
Cons
Work at Walmart is great experience
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth ,Nova Scotia27 November 2018
Walmart is a great employer and environment to work in ,every body is supportive and kind ,there are days that get very stressful and busy but with the support of every one things get under control,the management is great specially when I got sick and had to be on medical leave they were very understanding ,during Christmas times we always have free lunch and Christmas gifts , its hard when the pharmacist work without help specially in the morning
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
pharmacist has to work many hours alone
Average job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON27 November 2018
Management is great
Too many shifts
Long Hours
Nice co workers
Great supervisors
Customers are usually good as well
Not too busy on week ends

c
Pros
long lunches
Cons
many shifts
enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB24 November 2018
it was a enjoyable to work, they had flexable hours so I can go to school, my co-workers were very polite, you also get to work on certain skills that can help you in the long run.
Pros
get to work felixble hours
Cons
hateful customers
A good entry level job, but the hours are shaky.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB23 November 2018
I spent a whole year at Walmart, and while that's not as long as many others, it was plenty of time to get a good feel of the workplace.

My first months at Walmart were quite enjoyable. It was one of my very first jobs, and while it was somewhat tedious, I did enjoy interacting with the customers, even the rude ones. Later on, however, things started taking a turn for the worse when mine and many other's hours were cut down. For weeks I worked nearly half as much as I usually did. Compound this with the already near-minimum wage and I wasn't making very much money with it as my sole source of income.

Promising place with good teammates, but the management of the shifts was downright ludicrous towards the end.
Pros
Fast-paced, engaging, competitive
Cons
Bad scheduling, subpar pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

543.6K