Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for store standards

working at Walmart was tough. they always needed us to work, which was good for some extra cash, but difficult if you wanted to do other activities such as sports. many of my fellow employees were really great and would work hard, but many where also terrible workers that would leave half way through their shift leaving us with more work and an unreasonable time period to get it done. as an employee i felt under appreciated and frustrated with management that would not promote good workers and not reprimand bad behavior
Pros
lots of work hours, easy to get hired
Cons
tedious work, sad existence
the hours were decent and co workers were good to work with. the hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold and the hot sun.the most enjoyable part was the hours and exercise.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
worked outside in all weather
If you have any self respect I would advise you to stay the heck away from this place, Its not worth the amount of work you have to do, and the whole time I was here it just made my depression worse then when I was unemployed. Non of the other workers who were store standards didn't bother to help even when I complained to the other managers they didn't even care. I now look at this place as a big giant blue tumor on the face Leduc.
Pros
other workers were nice
Cons
no benefits, free coffee but no cups, low wages, managers were idiots, unsanitary work environments, more work then I was supposed to do, equipment barely functioned, And I mostly picked up other workers slack, and the lunch room is so boring.
being a store standards for walmart canada is a very active job, running to keep carts in the store for customers, running to answer any calls for a customer carry out, and over all keeping the store in and out in a positive looking stat... more work then time...
Pros
excellent exercise, keeps you busy.
Cons
strainous on the back and legs, no struckered hours, little place for advancment