Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Walmart Employee

All employees would be required to run all parts of stores regardless of their job position. Store managers (all levels) would on any given day have to stock shelves, run cash, perform customer service duties, perform maintenance duties, along with their own daily required daily work duties. Management rarely provided positive motivation for their employees nor did they provide much needed positive feedback. Walmart seems to treat and look at their employees more as a commodity other then actual hard working people and uses them as they see fit without regard for the physical demands on the employees. When an employee makes a mistake Walmart does not hesitate to coach, fire or replace that employee without understanding or remorse. The only thing you would ever look forward to when you start your work day would be knowing your getting paid something (until you find better) and most of the co-workers are very understanding and friendly.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Pay & Workload
I have been with this amazing company for almost four years now I have learned many things about retail sales, dealing face to face with customers in a retail environment, working in many aspects of Wal-Mart that I adore. I think that being the back up Personnel Manager is likely one of my favorite things. I love working with just my co-workers on a regular basis. I still work with the public when they need help, but I am mostly with my Wal-Mart family.