Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Unloader

I learned quite a bit working at Wal-Mart! I was listened and cared after and made quite a bit of friends along the way. Everything and everyone was professional and polite with little to no issues. Hours consisted of 8 hour shifts or just under that which is beneficial to those that need it. The environment is designed to be something that you work hard in. It's not meant for chit chatting or horsing around and when you're caught doing either, you're immediately called attention onto. This shows great management in the workplace. Great all around experience. Learned quite a bit.
Pros
Good all around environment
Cons
consistent hard work
It is a good place to work at for first time employees and it is a very friendly place too. I would highly recommend this place to any one. I also like the set breaks and how people get along well together.
I personally wouldn't work at a walmart ever again. I must say i didn't have it nearly as bad as some people i worked with, but overall the experience was not a pleasant one. It did pay the bills and it kept us a float while i was there but so thankful to be out.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low salary, expectations ridiculously high some days.
lots of work to do with little compensation. not the best managers in the world but it was tolerable. long shifts and late nights. not the best job in the world
A typical day at Walmart in my department starts by unloading a truck. Depending on the day you might be yelled out or being ordered by a manager who isnt in charged of truck unloading. If you can handle the managers the rest is a fun experience where you work with interesting coworkers and given an hour lunch.
walmart is a busy company being an unloader was a a very busy job always except for when the truck was late sometimes my favorite about the job was lunch and every second week to be honest this is true nobody doesnt like not getting paid unless your volunteering to help
Showing that you are a good worker just means managers put everything on you, and everything is your fault when things aren't going well. Stick to just being part time.
Your value of an employee to this company is how far and how deeply you will sacrifice your life for their needs as opposed to individual availability or capability. Thrown under the bus the second you are no longer needed despite lotalty and time dedicated to their cause.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
manipulation, politics, lies
plenty management, friendly and safe work environment. Duties included unloading merchandise and transporting it to the sales floor, and upkeep of shelf stock items
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
only part time hours
15 yrs over all good place to work hours were good shifts were good they did fun activities for the families, vacation time was good, and raises were decent
wal mart was a great place to work pay was ok at the time i worked there so i have no bad things to say about wal mart and the hours were great cause they worked around my school time
evening shift ok, learned how they operate. management is ok, workplace culture is difficult at times. hardest part of the job is when you are not busy and best part is the Walmart associate discount card
Great people! I had a great time working here and met really fun people Laughed every shift Schedules come out three weeks in advanced so you can plan out your weeks
Pros
Fun fast past with positive atitudes
Cons
Boxing day
An improvement can be done in communication between manager and supervisor better, especially when it comes to giving shifts to employees working day shifts and evening shifts. Display's set up for holidays should be done at an APPROPRIATE time, basically stop putting them out early, customers have complained about this.
Pros
breaks and lunches
Cons
long hours, better communication with giving shifts
workplace is a kind of enjoyment if you do you own work with full of energy and concentrate.Every new day teach you some new things. Management is a very important part of work,they always helped us.My co-workers were really good and helpful to me.
Pros
Free entertainmnet
Cons
not long hours
I found that what I was doing at wal mart fit me perfectly. I was full time then part time. Although a little drama on the job it seemed as though everyone just wanted to get the work done. It was good for where I was at for the time.
Overall I would have to say my time at Walmart was educational. I learned about the importance of staying organized following safety procedures. though management was a little lacking in my area of work I found my co-workers easy to work with. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was teaching new co-workers how to do the paperwork. The most enjoyable part of working there was how smoothly all the unloaders/receivers worked in a group.
Management can be nice, but they don't understand scheduling, especially for part-time workers. Salary is minimum (expected), can get really crowded, fast paced, and often managers act like jerks.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Management and wages are really, really horrible
Working it at walmart has its ups and downs. Im in the pursue of a nice job because working as an unloader at walmart we are over worked because we are always under-staffed and often have to stay overtime to finish the work and most time don't get some our breaks or breaks are cut in half. The job is also extremely physically demanding, constantly unloading heavy boxes up to 100lbs and moving heavy skids throughout the day.
Pros
job security
Cons
Long hours/ same shifts
typical day included unloading freight from trailers and placing on pallets to be stored and sent to store at a later time
Poorly managed, under payed for work done, no incentive to improve job performance, unrealistic expectations, extreme degree of favouritism showed