Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Tire Technician

I don't know about the rest of the store but the manager of the automotive department showed way too much favoritism and when it came to schedules he gave the best hours to those who were in his little click.As a former manager and business owner I never showed favoritism I gave credit where credit was do.
Pros
great company discounts
Cons
split shifts
I worked at walmart for nearly 5 years and had a good overall experience. Managment coud be hard to deal with but depended highly on the indivual. The Corperate structure of the job was okay though and it was fairly easy to book days off. Compensation was about average for jobs of beginer level but when I moved to the automotive department and started doing work in the garage it was not adequete for the amount I worked.
I was always very busy, it is a fast paced environment. Wal-Mart is always busy, and provides a lot of interesting challenge's in retail and customer service. Great training ground for all retail and people management skill development. Great training ground for all retail and customer service positions.
Pros
Lots of activities for staff.
Cons
Very long hours for management
Team Setting no one gets centered out everyone stays involved team meetings always moving consistant tasks never stationary always being asked to perform different tasks in other depts room to grow
Pros
Growth Opp
A nice place to work while you look for a better job. Some management are ok. Expectations are high for low pay. hours vary. lots of week ends worked.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
low pay for work done
Back room manager for 2 years for Walmart. At times supported 22 associates in automotive dept and sporting good. Work with a dinamic group of people. A variety of different backgrounds.
Pros
10 percent discount on almost everything in the store.
Cons
All times of shifts including over night
The Walmart in Fort Erie is the worst company to work for they don't have enough employees and they don't know how to treat their techs. their managers are unprofessional and not very easy to talk to. They don't seem to understand customer service very well worst company i ever worked for and I will never work for them again.
I enjoyed my work with in the walmart association, I took stock when not busy, unloaded skids and re stocked shelves . changed oil and tires on customers cars and took work orders for customers using a bay support system i also performed shipping and recieving duties on occasion. My co-workers were pleasant to work with and were able to resolve conflicts in a timely proper mannor.The hardest part of the job was when every thing was done and there were no more "make work " projects left the most enjoyable was seeing a customer leave satisfied with a job well done.
Pros
10 percent discount on all store purchases
Cons
n/a
as a first job learned lots from being there 7 years customer service, dealing with different situations positive and negative built friendships with all workers in walmart regardless of ages, age was not a barrier really diverse co workers made it fun to practice a 3rd language and also improve on my 2nd language
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
I enjoy my employment. Customer service is #1. 40 hour work week, every third weekend off.
I worked in the tire lube express and they fired me after 4 months, despite the fact I worked the hardest there, and the others would goof and play around on their cell phones. I got called down and told I was being let go, and told to leave. The worst part of the job was, that I had the most experience in the automotive department from doing apprenticeship elsewhere and yet I was getting paid less than someone who had next to no experience in automotive, not only that,but he was also very careless and irresponsibile, consistantly would leave the lugnuts on the wheels loose. The only enjoyable part of the job was some of the guys I'd work with, they'd understand and try and help out.
Pros
other employees who watch out for you
Cons
pay/wage, terrible management, terrible discount, poor quality tools and equipment
Co workers easy to get along with. Management needs to do more hands on work.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
only part time hrs